“Highly Recommended”

Ranked #43 of 424 Kochi (Cochin) B&B and Inns
Melbourne
“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

We stayed here with another couple for our first two nights of a short Kerala trip. From the very first minute, Stanley and Jasmin were helpful while being understanding of our needs and welcoming without being overbearing. The villa is located a short tuk-tuk ride away from the Fort area but in a lovely neighbourhood that is perfectly easy to get around the rest of the area from.

Jasmin's food is divine and Stanley was able to arrange a perfectly suited itinerary for our limited time in the area. We spent quality time in both the tea-hills and a sustainable area of the backwaters away from the hustle of Allepey.

All four of us would strongly recommend Jasmin Villa for it's hospitality and authenticity and Stanley's travel services for unpressured and professional assistance with any of your local needs.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I was warmly welcomed by Jasmine and Stanley Wilson at Jasmin Villa in Kochi. Jasmine will certainly ensure you don't go hungry, with her tasty Kerala home cooking (I particularly liked the green bean dish with coconut, and masala dosas for breakfast). Room comfortable if not super luxurious. I was very glad of the air con. Villa is on a fairly quiet side street, but reasonably close to a bus stop to head up to Fort Cochin (only 5 rupees each way) if you don't fancy the walk. Stanley generously allowed me to check e-mail on his laptop (as my phone didn't work in Kerala so I couldn't text family to let them know how I was getting on). One tip for European tourists - bring loo roll - although there's a western toilet, Indian arrangements apply!

Through Stanley's travel agency in Fort Cochin I arranged a car and driver (Augustine) to take me up to Munnar to visit tea growing areas and spice plantations, before heading down to the backwaters. I'm looking forward to staying on Stanley's punted houseboat, hoping for a little peace and quiet on my last day in Kerala.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
England
Reviewed October 16, 2011

My husband and I have recently been lucky enough to stay at Jasmin Villa, Fort Kochi. Stanley and his lovely wife Jasmin made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived. Jasmin prepares and cooks the most amazing traditional Kerala meals which if served in a restaurant in England would cost a fortune! The home stay is more than adequate and offers very clean accommodation. In the evening it was lovely to sit and chat to Stanley and Jasmin and learn about their culture. Jasmin even gave me a lesson on how to wear a sari!! Stanley was great at sorting out all our trips (Stanley Wilson Tours) and arranging a sight seeing tour at short notice of all the interesting sights at Fort Kochi. It is very easy to get around and Stanley is always on hand to advise on places to visit and the best form of transport. I would highly recommend this home-stay especially if you love good home cooked food. A huge thank you to Stanley and his lovely wife Jasmin for being perfect hosts

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lizzyr
WilsonTours, Owner at Jasmin Villa Homestay, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
We are so pleased to know that you enjoyed your recent stay in kerala. We are thanking you for your review of jasmin villa and we both are looking forward in meetingng you again.
Melaka, Malaysia
Reviewed September 26, 2011

If you wish to get away from the hustle and bustle of work for a relaxing holiday and little damage to your budget, visit Kochi and stay at Jasmin Villa, Fort Kochi. A very lovely couple, Stanley(runs Wilson Tours) and Jasmin(manage the homestay) Their homestay is simple, clean and neat. Stanley would meet to your every need to his best. Jasmin, is a wonderful cook and she cooks with passion, so much so her meals are delicious. Their homestay is close to Fort Kochi, about 1.5km away. You can take the bus or auto and just walk around and visit places of interest in Fort Kochi. If you wish to shop, you could take the ferry to Ernakulam, it is all very convenient. Stanley is ever ready to help you out with tours if you wish to travel to nearby places eg. Munnar. I hope to make another trip to Kochi and stay with the Wilsons soon.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed September 26, 2011

The guesthouse was very clean and Stanley and Jasmin were very hospitable. We had lovely food and both the women with us loved dressing up in some of Jasmin's gear. We cannot complain about the guesthouse at all. However, it should be noted that only one upstairs room has hot water. It wasn't a problem for us as I just took a full bucket of hot water down the hall for the other couple.

Room Tip: One room has a balcony while the other has the hot water and a much larger bathroom, the choice is y...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I spent a very enjoyable morning watching,learning and stirring with Jasmine. She has impeccable English and is very knowledgeable about recipes, quantities and ingredients.
We made chapattis, Dahl, ladies fingers, pilaf, vegetable curry, onion salad, fish curry and poppadoms - really an incredible feast.

I enjoyed every moment - especially the eating part!
Jasmine also let me grill her about other food dishes I had eaten and gave me recipes and tips for making them too.

I would highly recommend Jasmine as I am sure she would welcome you into her home as generously as she did to me.

Thank you so much, I am looking forward to trying out the recipes when I am back home.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Melaka, Malaysia
Reviewed September 1, 2011

My family (five of us) decided to come to Kochi for a holiday and after reading great reviews we went ahead and booked with Wilson Tours and stayed in Jasmin Villa(homestay) in Kochi. We have no regrets at all, from the time we stepped out of the airport the service was impeccable. Even before that i had communicated with Mr Stanley through email and he very patiently answered all my enquiries. Mr Stanley was most obliging in every way, all arrangement for our comfort was done speedly. I must mention that the highlight of the whole trip was the meals cooked by his very bubbly wife, Jasmin. One could just come here only to the taste her cooking, it is completely out of this world. We were very pleased with the accomodation, five of us had three rooms to ourselves. The location of the place is ideal, about 1.5 km from Fort Kochi.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family