Hotel Maple Regency
  • Breakfast included
$96
$86
Travelocity
PJ Princess Regency(Vypin Island)
$39
$33
Aiswarya Hotel(Ernakulam)(Great Value!)
$30
$22
$96
$79
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We stayed 9 nights in Ernakulam due to many problems and organizing we had to do. The owner-brothers of Hotel Maple Regency are most helpful and did know qualified answer to any question you may think of. They have no prejudices against anybody and took us in with our two little dogs and our trikes without problems. The cottages are spotless and were cleaned every day seriously. For the budget price (790 Rupies for an attached cottage with tv) you get the absolute maximum value. The maple regency was one of our preferred hotel in 5 months travelling India.

Room Tip: the cottages are definitely nicer than the rooms in the main building. Between March and June you would probably prefer with A/C.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paola Z
Reviewed March 31, 2012

As a first-time visitor to Cochin, I enjoyed my stay here. The staff was helpful. The location was very good - it was easy to find your way around. There was an Indian Coffee House a few steps away, for simple, inexpensive, dependable-quality meals, and the more upscale restaurants on the street served lovely food that didn't exactly break the budget, either.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SemiSwede
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I stayed there one night 4 march 2012. The location is great, but the staff is soo rude and unfriendly that I had to check out the next day. My Indian friend who I tool around in Sweden wanted to show me around town and came to pick me up. I wasnt ready so asked him to come up to my room and wait. The reception would not allow him up, asked for his ID, was really rude to him and told him he would call the police if he went up to my room.

You pay for a room you are supposed to have a friend coming up. It was at lunchtime and the manner in which they spoke to us was just so incredibly unfriendly.

I handed in my laundry for 10 rupees each item. They all came back wet and dirty!

If you want to stay central and dont mind being yelled at, harassted and having the hotels beliefs as rules for your stay i can recomment it. Otherwise there are so many other hotels nearby that are friendly.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank vincentvitlock
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I have been to a conference in cochin and cleartrip fellow gave this hotel instead of hotel ATS Willingdon where I paid for a better hotel and got this average one.

Better if you are seeking a budget hotel.

Room Tip: A/C rooms are better,
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank SOW_10
Reviewed January 7, 2012

I understand that you have featured in your tourist publications Hotel Maple Regency XL/1511, Cannon Shed Road, Kochi, Kerala, India. I had the occasion to stay in Maple Regency for nearly 09 days from about the 22nd of December 2011 to the 31st of December 2011. I stayed with my son and it was a very pleasant stay. Location was excellent with a few good eating places including a few good restaurants within a radius of about 300, 400 meters.

The most satisfying part of my stay was the assistance I received from one of the owners Mr. Alex. He has excellent communication skills in English and a very down to earth person. He was a ready reckoner not only on tourist related matters but also on other information relating to India and more particularly to Kerala. I had been a very wide traveler internationally and I do not hesitate to state that he is one of the finest persons whom I have met in the travel trade in my many travels round the globe from USA to China. His personal presence makes a huge difference for anyone in choosing Hotel Maple Regency as your accommodation unit. Rooms are absolutely cheap and it is a truly a budget hotel.

Thanking you,

Yours sincerely,

Asoka Somaratne, B.A. (Econ)
Advocate, Attorney-at-Law