“good banquet hotel”

Ranked #307 of 435 Kochi (Cochin) B&B and Inns
Bengaluru, India
“good banquet hotel”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed one night for a banquet function and booked an exec room and requested the top floor, this was honored. The room was a good size with a huge king size bed, the rest of the furniture was funky and clean I found a hotel that provides more than 4 banquet halls for 50 1000 persons capacity.

As it was my anniversary ( and a priority member) I was allowed for good discount, we had nearly about 300 persons and they arrange our party at orbit hall with nice decor and great food.Front office Manger Mr. Vishu and lady hachal was very cooperative and helpful. They surprised us by giving floral decorations and complimentary cake.

From start to finish all the staff made me feel so special, the service was swift and friendly and I can't find much fault other than room air con not being very good so my room was rather hot, but this was such a minor in the grand scheme of things I would not dream of giving them less than the top marks they deserve. Management should be very proud of themselves and this wonderful cozy banquet hotel. I hope to return again soon.

Room Tip: for conference banquet, events and get together this is an ideal hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
S5Pillai, General Manager at Royal Residency, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you so much for the great feedback you wrote on trip advisor

Its indeed our pleasure to look after you and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. And in fact such a great review/feed back will help follow travellers to Kakkanad-kochi and we always try and our very best to accommodate all of our guest request
Our aim is that “Royal” guest`s return back “Residency” with good and happy memories
Please let us know of any future visits to Kakkanad- Kochi and we will be happy to assist you with a reservation

Very best wishes
S.G. Pillai (General Manager)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Mala, Sweden
Reviewed August 4, 2012

After our tour to Munnar we were dropped at Royal Residency, Kakkanad- Kochi, due to my official work at infopark. This is definitely one of the best hotels iv been to its very clean and great service and worth the money! The staff here are well trained and polite! Iv stayed in a few hotels but would say this one is absolutely great and will definitely stay here when we are back in Kakkanad-Kochin!!

Room Tip: superior delux room is excellent and very ecnomical
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
9 Thank levis m
S5Pillai, General Manager at Royal Residency, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have had you stay at Royal Residency during your recent visit to Kakkanad-Kochi.

Thank you for taking time to review us on Trip Advisor and also for posting such motivating comments.

Your positive observations regarding our hotel, services, food and facilities is inspirational for all of us. It is our sincere effort to provide our guests with the highest level of service and to make their stay truly comfortable.

Thank you once again for your recognition and we look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits to our hotel.

Warm Regards,
S. Pillai (General Manager)
Bangalore
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I'll never ever choose Hotel Royal Residency Kochi and also make sure non of my known people get trap again. I'd my hotel booking from 12.00 noon. However due to traffic we reached there at 5.00 PM. When we enquire about my room, the receptionist told that non of room is ready. Some of the guest has just checked out and room is getting clean. You have too wait for 15 mins. When I have reminded them about my booking is from 12.00 noon, the hotel staff had told me that, you have booking through hotel Pushpak and we had informed them about the delay. The hotel front desk lady (Merry) and his college was terrible. Their behavior was very rude, they even don't have curtsy of how to talk to a customer. They were telling that “you have not booked with us directly so I am not answerable to you, go ahead and check with Hotel Pushpak people, we have informed them.” Particularly the lady staff ‘Merry’ was very pathetic. Instead of understanding our problem, she was making fun of our situation.

We had 65 year old lady and 6 year old kid with me and they need the room immediately. When I'd inquired about this delay with hotel Pushpak people, they were trying to make some fake story. Even though hotel staff was telling they have informed them about the delay in front of me, hotel Pushpak people were not accepting that and they have not bother to inform me. I am wondering if I would have reached there by 12.00 noon did I had waited for 6 hour to get the room. I had been trapped between travel agent and hotel people.
After consistently calling Hotel Pushpak people and insisting the terrible hotel staff , finally after 1 hour waiting at reception desk (~ 6.00 PM) I got the room.

Story does not end here. We had two room booking and one of the room AC was not functioning well. When we reported that to housekeeping, they told that they will rectify it, which was not done through out my stay. I had asked them to provide me the manager number, they told me that manager will call you in 10 min, which had never happen. I had insisted 2-3 time for this, however each time same story repeated with no luck. At night I had ordered for dinner. They had promised to provide the food within 30 min. However after making continuous call we got the food in 1.5 hour.

After all these drama, when I had asked again the Hotel Pushpak people to take the appropriate action, they were not responded properly.

So I had decided in future I will never ever book with Hotel Pushpak and suggest you to avoid booking with them. I will also suggest to never ever book with Hotel Royal Residency Kochi, otherwise you may also face the similar problem.
My story is genuine and If you need any further clarification, you can contact me at my mobile no. [--]

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
13 Thank rajeshjaiswal

Travelers are raving about these Kochi (Cochin) hotels

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Royal Residency we have booked for just one night on 26th Dec 2011. The exterior of the Hotel look impressive, however the real story start once you check in.
Room condition : The furniture are pilled off, kind of not maintained since long time. Looks horrible (Room no-507)
Room service: Nobody picks room service phone. We checked in at 5:00 PM and struggled to get a cup of tea till 8:30 PM. We had to approach the front desk in person to get tea.
In morning, again the same story no body picks up the phone till 7:45 AM. Many elderly people roamed around Front desk to get their morning tea/ cofee.
Housekeeping: No body picks up phone. Even if picks up, your request will never get fulfilled. We have tipped generously to make sure somebody listens to us as we had kids with us, still that do not work. We had to spend all night without drinking water. No body was available to carry luggage, absence of lift made our experience further horrible.

Room Tip: Never opt for Royal Residency, even if it is cheaper or have some good review put by owner.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank Susil P
bangalore
Reviewed November 29, 2010

I stayed at this hotel on November 20th 2010. I had ordered Chicken Dry Fry for lunch. It was 2 big pieces, which was only 20% cooked. I couldnt eat food the whole day after seeing that half cooked chicken.
I was supposed to leave to Munnar, the next day at 8.00 am. I was told by the receptionist that breakfast will be ready by 7.00am but it was not ready untill 7.50am.Table cloth of their restaurant is very dirty. It is full of stains.
Hotel website claims, hot water is 24 hours but it is not true. We were given a small bucket of luke warm water for bath in the morning.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
8 Thank yuksBangalore
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed October 13, 2010

We have stayed at many hotels over the years, often good and decent ones with cleanliness and price-wise. If we see our economical background, we find Royal Residency to be a good hotel than others. Of course it is not a luxurious hotel, like others be, but the owner of the hotel behaves in a very decent way. We will always remember our holiday spent there, and always recommend others to stay in that hotel.

It has got friendly service that makes it worthwhile staying in this small hotel. The owner and the other staff behave especially with ladies in a decent way and by staying there we don't remember our home. It has a got an homely environment. Charges are also reasonable.

Even my family, who had stayed in the hotel said next time we should come to the same hotel to stay and enjoy the beautiful nature of Kerala. I had visited for two times in this hotel. As we are not economically that much sound, the owner had co-operated us to give us economically adjustable rooms for 5 of us staying there.

The room we had stayed was spacious and decent, and of course the food was also good.

And as others often write Royal Residency is a place where people with high intention to spend money can of course stay but people with medium economic background can also live peacefully with the co-operation of the owner who is very kind and pleasing to his customers.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business