Princess Inn
$66
$59
Taj Malabar Resort & Spa Cochin(Kochi (Cochin))
$97
Trident, Cochin(Kochi (Cochin))
$75
$62
  • Breakfast included
Old Harbour Hotel(Kochi (Cochin))
$135
$88
Courtyard
$69
$69
$62
HolidayInn.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 14, 2012

We came upon Princess Inn whilst wandering down Princess St. It was the best place we saw in our price range so we decided to stay.

The first night we had a room at the back (600R) with window facing a kind of lounge area where there were tables & chairs and books you could swap. The room was basic but acceptable.

For the second night we moved to a room at the front (700R) with a big window facing the street. This was a little cooler with more air circulation (not that the first night was that bad.)

The staff were great. Friendly, chatty and helpful. One in particular gave us lots of info about a local festival that was happening at the time.

The location is very good, right in the heart of the action (not that this is a party town so street noise shouldn't be much of a problem.)

I would recommend eating at The Teapot. They did an excellent fish curry and one of the best western style breakfasts (eggs, good bread, baked beans, fruit, coffee etc) I've had in India. Also check out the shop down the road (I forget the name) with lots of Indian themed designer souvenirs. Very cool.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Stayed a couple of nights and really felt at home there. Loved the common area. Freddy the manager is helpful and friendly. My train out of Kochi didn't leave until evening and Freddy offered the day use of a smaller room, with bathroom at a great rate. It was very helpful, as I was able to shower before getting on the overnight train . I paid 600 rps/night and 200 rps for the day use.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We think the staff (Freddy) of the Princess Inn, is one of the most friendly and helpful we experienced in India, without being pushy to do things or go places you really don't like! All his tips about Fort Cochin were helpful and good and we really enjoyed staying there!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I picked this hotel after reading the positive ratings of the lonely planet, and it sure lived up to my expectations. I stayed for three nights when I started my trip through Kerala and returned at the end of my trip to stay for another three nights. I travelled on my own, and enjoyed meeting other travelers in the cosy communal space. The hotel managers were very friendly and helpful. I felt at ease and had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I stayed with a friend for three nights in a great and clean room. It was very quiet, and the staff was friendly with us.
I don't understand the two comment saying that it's a freaky place...!
Xavier, the young manager was nice to us.

Just go there!!