Tag und Nacht
$45
$38
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshost antoniomaritime museumgreat place to staymin walklate at nightcomfortable roomsthe chinese fishing netshomestayindialaundryhosts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Excellent location, very short walk to beach. Lovely, spacious 3 room apartment with lounge.
The rooms are really comfortable, best beds we slept in during our stay in India. Antonio is a real gent and is always willing to oblige. We suffered some major delays due to British Airways being rubbish, which had a serious knock on effect to our travel plans, and Antonio was unbelievably obliging in assisting us. He also arranged an excellent English speaking drive called Josey who took us to a very nice elephant training centre where the kids got to enjoy the elephants being washed in the river. Will definitely stay here again when we come back to Kerala next year.

Room Tip: All of the 3 first floor rooms have ac and are top quality
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2013

we stayed 2 nigths with my girlfriend and we loved the place, room was nice and cosy, the location perfect. we arrived very very early in the morning and woke up poor Antonio, the guy running the place, who let us in, to stay until regular checkin time. he and his family were very nice and helpful, we really would come back!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank perlakiszab
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Tag und Nacht served as a very affordable and comfortable homebase while in Fort Kochi. Wifi worked well in rooms, ceiling fan, balcony, good showers, comfortable clean rooms with charming decor, a few wall plugs for charging electronics, great family feeling from Antonio, little Anna, and wife Kristine as well as other guests. Was a fantastic stay and would love to come again.

Antonio was extremely helpful for suggesting and organizing daily excursions, rides, printing tickets . He even lent me his phone to call local relatives and became friends with them instantly. A very charming man and likes the company of others. You feel truly at home here as he takes kids to school and to choir practices etc.. He caters to guests in having breakfast prepared at fairly open schedules, helps rent them bikes or scooters and even arranged to have a driver take us to an elephant washing in a nearby village. A great guy..:) I highly recommend staying at Tag.

Very minor downside.. there was some construction nearby which was noisy on certain days. Staying in the back house is not as nice as the main 2nd level suites. Ceiling fans could use a middle setting as they can be overpowering or too slow. Mosquito nets should be available for rooms as there can be many in Fort Cochi.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the second floor above the main house.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed here as a solo female traveller for the beginning and end of my visit to Kerala. I arrived 24 hours later ( in the middle of the night) than expected due to Gulf Air's incompetence, but Antonio and Kristine were fine about it - even sending their driver twice to the airport to see if I had arrived. I stayed in 3 different rooms during my time here - they were all clean- but the one on the first floor was the best as it was lighter. Antonio went to great lengths to help me sort out a local sim card which did not work at first. He sorted me out with a driver to meet me from the airport who was wonderful; safe, cheerful, helpful with excellent English. The breakfasts were varied and good value. For those who say this is out of the way - I don't understand what you are talking about - this is a 10 minute walk to Fort Cochin at most and it is a pleasant walk along a tree lined road, and if you can't manage that, you can get a tuk-tuk for a matter of pennies - at any time of day and into the night.
Antonio, Kristine and their delightful daughter made my stay very pleasant and enjoyable and recommended a lovely place to eat. Very good in every respect.

Room Tip: The back rooms are quieter, but the front rooms on the first floor are lighter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The room was big, clean and it had a nice hot shower, AC, and good working van. Antonio was very friendly and helpful (great host!), also the reservation we made and an airport pick up was perfectly arranged.
Breakfast in the morning was a great mix of Indian and continental, with fresh fruits.
With a rhiskha you're in Fort Cochin within 5 minutes, walking is also possible.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple