“Abul is wonderful!”

Honolulu Home HomeStay
Ranked #26 of 451 Kochi (Cochin) B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I arrived in India 5 weeks ago and this is the first place we stayed. The rooms are basic, but very clean. Abul and his staff are all very nice and will go out of their way to help you. We were very pleased and felt very welcome there, which is nice when you first arrive to India. Thank you, Abul! We hope you and your family are well.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Our stay started out not to great as we had reserved 3 bedrooms with air conditioning. When we got there we were given 2 air conditioned and 1 non airconditioned. We were told that one of the guest was suppose to check out and was ill so if we could stay in the non air one night we would have the other one. Well the place is small and that night after getting back from dinner we were talking to the other family that was there and they were all out of the room laughing and joking around. None of them were sick so I told the owner that I would have the room that I reserved the next day as the non air room was MISERABLE. He relented and booted them out of the air conditioned room into the non air room since they showed up without a reservation. The owner was great at reserving all the trips we wanted to do and securing a driver for us and he was very accomodating with our breakfast orders. He did without prompting discount our stay since we did not have our air conditioned room the first night. I loved Fort Cochi it was a really beautiful city and I felt safe the entire time we were there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Honolulu Home Stay is just fantastic and ideally located. The perfect place for top quality low budget accommodation. Aboo and His Family are simply delightful, a joy. He is very helpful and knowledgeable and during our visit Aboo organised some great excursions all good value. (Rice boat/Canoe back water trip. Kathikali evening. Classical Sitar & Tabla concert. Local sightseeing.) The rooms all come with ensuite including hot water, fan and anti-mosquito mesh on windows/doors. The place is very clean, safe and secure. We had the breakfast option which was also excellent, great service. Aboo is an ‘old school’ gentleman, a lovely man. 10 out of 10. So nice in fact we returned there at the end of our trip and shall visit again. Stayed end of Feb '13 and again end of March '13.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed at Honolulu at the beginning of March 2013. They arranged a pick up from the airport as I arrived very early and Aboo greeted me when I arrived and showed me to my room. The homestay was perfect with big, clean simple rooms. I stayed in room which was lovely with two windows. Breakfast were great with delicious food and a great opportunity to meet others and chat about your travel and pick up tips. It's about a ten minute easy walk to the main areas and Aboo and his son are always around for help and advice. They helped me to book accommodation and transport to my next destination. For the price it is fantastic value and I would definitely stay here again especially as a solo female traveller. Book it!!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Taris and his father Mr. Aboo run the cleanest and best affordable homestay in Cochin. They go out of their way to make guests feel at home. They are very free with recommendations to find the best restaurants to help you avoid the tourist experience and really enjoy the local cuisine. As I was leaving the hotel for my last meal and searching for a place to eat, Mr. Aboo drove past me on his scooter and told me to hop on. He took me to the best biryani place in the area. That is what I call service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed in this home stay for 2 days. Rooms are small in size but enough for two people. I have created a list of good and bad of my stay which will be helpful for you to decide.

Good:-
1. Mr. Abu (Owner) was very good and eager to share information on Kochi sightseeing
2. Location is very close to Main tourist spots of Kochi ( less than 2-3 Kms )
3. Very quite
4. Rooms were very clean
5. There are many places around where You can take Bike on rent
6. Breakfast was continental and it was good.
Bad
1. Rooms don’t have TV inside so you will have to sit in hall to watch TV
2. There is nothing else I can think of

Thanks to Mr. Abu for making our Stay memorable.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Traveling alone, staying 2 nights. convenient location in a real neighborhood. comfortable room, great fan (AC also available) and very nice bathroom. Comfortable atmosphere, very safe feeling. The owner and family are hospitable. I had a midnight departure to the airport. Mr. Aboo stayed up to see me off, insisted on carrying my bag down for me. He is genteel, relaxed and helpful helping with transportation arrangements. No bugs at all. There are stairs to climb to reach the rooms and dining area. Also, the terrace would be nicer if a bit of clutter was removed. Overall, below average prices for a nice place.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo