“Great stay”

Ranked #23 of 430 Kochi (Cochin) B&B and Inns
xx
“Great stay”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Very friendly hosts. Rooms are good, location- excelent.
The food for breakfact, made by Jessy and Joy is great.
We came back after trip, as our prfered choice.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Lazar has the best location! Its not on the main road and Jaicy and Joy are one of the most helpful couples.
Joy asked us about our plans and informed us of the most economical and cheapest ways to get around. the bathroom was exceptionally clean, basic amentites were provided.
The breakfast was included too and it was really tasty. Maps are easily available, Wi-Fi is available too!
All the sightseeing places are pretty cluttered around the homestay and you can easily get around on your own.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I stayed at Lazar over New Year's, and had a great time in Cochin. I found it really difficult to navigate the winding streets of Fort Cochin, and Lazar is tucked away on a side street. However, you can definitely get a map, and the homestay is very close to all sites. The rooms are very clean with private bathrooms, fans, screened in windows. I didn't think A/C was necessary in December/January. Jaicy and Joy were both very accomodating in terms of helping us make plans, getting taxis to and from the airport, and enabling us to come and go as we pleased. And there was wi-fi! All in all, a great trip.

New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed January 26, 2012

We had a great stay at Lazar Residency. Joy and Jaicy were very hospitable, the rooms are clean and nice, and the location was perfect for seeing the city. I would definitely recommend this homestay, especially if you're on a budget.

New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I stayed here for four nights and really enjoyed it. Joy and Jacy made me feel right at home, and were super helpful in planning some of my travel in Kerala. Location-wise, Lazar Residency is a 5-10 minute walk from much of the main attractions in town. I liked the that it's off on a quiet residential street. Also, I doubt there's a better value anywhere in town. Highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Albany, New York
Reviewed December 26, 2011

I spent a weekend in Fort Cochin with a friend who had stayed here earlier this year and it surpassed her glowing review. Upon arrival we were offered tea and were given a bottle of drinking water. The room was neat, impeccably clean with towels, sheets, and a nice bathroom.
Each day we had breakfast prepared by Jaycie, South Indian style, with the spice toned down for me- they asked how I preferred my meal. Joy arranged the backwaters tour and rental of scooters as we had requested, though town is close enough to walk. The rooms are upstairs above the family's quarters, with a common room and kitchen for the guests' use, giving a charming homey feel. The AC and fan made sleeping very comfortable. I used the wi-fi without difficulty.

1 Thank bige759
Enfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2011

We (me, my husband and 2 friends) stayed in this excellent homestay for 2 nights in November and loved it. It's a great location, nice rooms and great value for money.

Before going to India I found a houseboat trip that I was interested in, but was a bit worried about booking without seeing the boat first. I emailed Joy to see if he knew the company. He advised that he didn't, but would find out for me. Within 24 hours he had returned, advising that they had a good reputation. This was a great service, even before we arrived.

The best thing about this homestay is the family that own it. They are very considerate, kind and knowledgeable about the area. We arrived about 10pm, after a 2 hour delay at the airport and not having eaten since breakfast. We were offered some food, which we had not expected at all, this was a great finish to a bad day! The food we had here was the nicest we had in our time in India. The South Indian breakfast was amazing.

We would definitely recommend this homestay. It lives up to the reviews on trip advisor.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends