“Beautiful welcoming environment”

Maison Casero Home Stay
Ranked #51 of 446 Kochi (Cochin) B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying with Priya, Jaison and their two daughters and had a fabulous time. I was really treated as one of the family with them going out of their way to look after me and help me wherever it was needed. I did a wonderful cookery class with Priya learning a few Keralan dishes which were delicious, and then we ate as a family on the candlelit roof. I had many interesting conversations with Priya about India life and culture and would fully recommend staying here. I was alone but certainly not lonely. My only warning is you may get fat from the abundance of amazing food!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Maison Casero Home Stay

Reviewed March 17, 2012

We arrived very late to this homestay as our flight was delayed. Jason and Priya were very nice even very late at night and throughout our whole stay. In the morning they prepared huge delicious breakfast, provided newspaper and gave us some advice on what to do, see and so on. We felt really like at home – Jason and Priya always had time to talk to us, they cared about us, got tickets for us etc. It was so pleasant that we spent there more time that we planned. And it was super clean! Really great value for money and great choice for holidays!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2012

This cozy house was great for me and my boyfriend. We stayed for 3 nights in March. It was so good we came back after a short trip to Munnar! They provide towels, soap and toilet paper (a plus in India). Also the family is great. Talkative, helpful and great cooks! Its a much better way to enjoy the city than staying in a hotel. Also the price I thought was great.

Room Tip: I recommend you take the room with AC it is too hot to not have an AC room
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2012

We stayed there for 2 nights in Feb 2012 Had the best experience. Jason and Priya and their 2 beautiful daughters were the perfect host to us. we asked for a Kerala dinner one night. We had asked for 2 items but Priya presented us with a feast. The food was of excellent quality and taste. Best home cooked food we had in Kerala. Priya also made fresh Kerala breakfast for us which was very tasty.
The homestay is very close to all the places of interest. You can walk to most of the places.
Very neat and clean. Would stay there again if in Cochin.

Room Tip: Room next to the balcony is best.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We stayed there for 5 nights in November, 2011 during our 1 month trip in India.
Location: 5 mins walk to Brasilicca Church, 15 mins walk to the jetty where you can get a ferry to Vipin Island, Wellington Island and Ernakulam town.
Breakfast: is the best compared to many other guesthouse (and we tried many of them), putu mayam, fried banana, meat soup, local coffee/tea and other Kerallan food.
Room: large enough with a little balcony so great for relaxing and ensuite bathroom.The best bathroom in India (very high water pressure, spotless bathroom). Mosquito net at every corner of our windows and door.
All the basic amenities are there. Laundry service available. Internet and television are available at living room. Daily English Newspaper.
Thank you for a terrific time we spent there! Felt like home. Thanks again for celebrating my birthday. It was a wonderful experience with Priya, Jaison, Nikitha & Namitha.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AnitaJoyce
Reviewed February 17, 2012

My friend and I stayed a very comfortable week with Jaison and Priya in their homestay. Our room was spacious and clean and they served us a delicious Keralan breakfast every morning, including sending us off with a packed breakfast when we had a 6am start. Priya and Jaison were able to organise all of the activities that we wanted to do in Kochi, help us find transport and organise a catch up with family friends. They went out of their way to make us feel at home; always happy to chat. Priya helped us get our saris tailored and then showed us how to wear them!

Their home is perfectly situation in Fort Cochin, a very short walk to the Kathkali centre, basilica and fishing nets.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lily L
Reviewed February 17, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights at the end of our 3 week trip around India and I would say that it was the best accommodation we had. Priya, Jaison and the girls are lovely and very welcoming. My friend had informed them it was my birthday and on our arrival, they had organised a surprise party for me, complete with cake, beer and a lovely home cooked meal! It was fascinating to be able to talk to them and ask questions about life in India - our stay gave us a real insight into a typical family home. Our room was spacious and clean (with the cleanest bathroom I had seen in India!) and although there was only a ceiling fan, we were reasonably cool considering the 38 degree temperature. As all the reviews have said, the breakfasts were excellent (especially the coconut pancakes!). I wouldn't hesitate in returning and hope to next year, so I can also take advantage of Priya's cookery lessons! Thank you to a lovely genuine family :-)

Room Tip: We had the front room which had direct access to a balcony.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends