“Great location”
Review of Tissa's Inn

Tissa's Inn
Ranked #5 of 227 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stay here 1 night before we were off to Munnar. The location of this hotel is great, very close to the major sites in Fort Kochi, (5-10mins walk). Breakfast, they serve toasts, tea/coffee, egg and a plate of food. Basically, you choose a table, they will bring the food, it is not buffet style. We had lunch here when we arrived, the food was quite good. We went to see the local theatre show, which was highly recommended.
I asked about price for a taxi drop off to Munnar, it was 3900 Rs. I think it is a bit expensive. If you do want to go to Munnar, it is cheaper to just hire a taxi at a travel agent. We paid 5400 Rs for return taxi plus 2 days at Munnar, which including the taxi drive showing you the major sites in Munnar. We booked our 2 nights hotel separately.
Anyway, it is nice little hotel to stay in.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Suli_Sydney

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

It was an unexpected an unplanned trip to kochi and i went ahead n booked Tissa in after reviews on this website coincidently the following nite was my husbands birthday and since he was always around I could not even think of surprising him .i spoke to the manager arun and the staff and they were so sweet to actually go ahead to buy themselves and arrange a birthday cake card candles and decorate the room full of balloons in such short notice while we went out for dinner.my husband was speechless.next day at breakfast the whole staff including the owner himself wished him with a bouquet of flowers at the dining hall.we were pleasantly surprised by their courteous nature.there are no second thoughts about the stay ambience food location simply superb and worth every penny. are delighted and thankfull to Tissa in team and arun for such a memorable fabulous stay over.my next stay at kochi will definately be the same choice no second thoughts.you guys rock!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We spent 2 nights here after a long travelling day from London via Mumbai.

Hotel was beautifully cool and calm with a very spacious room, lovely clean and welcoming bathroom and very effective A/C!

The rooftop pool was our children's first port of call and this was perfectly clean and ideal for an afternoon dip to cool off (with a lovely rooftop terrace, sun loungers and complimentary towels).

Restaurant was ideal - small menu but all freshly cooked and we had a great plate of calamari, a stunningly tangy coconut curry as well as fresh breads.

Really lovely hotel - very centrally placed, local shops a few meters away (where we got some delicious hot pasties and cakes for lunch), and delightfully friendly staff.

Thanks to them all from the Marcus Family!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

The people are what makes this sweet inn and I would recommend Tissa's to anybody and everybody who wants to come to Fort Kochi.
Staff and management are top class, as professional, kind, caring, and accommodating as you would find in any luxury establishment. Everyone, from the drivers to the cleaners to the chef has a genuinely great attitude. The place itself is clean, tidy, and very well-placed in old Fort Kochi. You can walk all around town from here and Jew town is a short tuktuk ride away. Tissa's has big, new beds and good air-conditioning, flat screen TVs and the rooms are very pretty and well-furnished. Breakfast was simple but wonderful and homemade: fresh fruit, watermelon juice, some toast, eggs, and fantastic coffee. The other meals we ordered at the restaurant were also not fancy but good and fresh. They also have a tipping system that makes the stay particularly relaxing: you tip communally at the end, so you don't have to always be searching for rupees notes as someone awkwardly waits. Two small downsides that don't detract from the inn but might be simple enough to fix: There is decent wifi in the lobby but there was not any in our room; and the water didn't get terribly hot for our showers. Nonetheless, I would certainly come back here. It was lovely, and I cannot imagine there are better deals in town or better staff in any hotel around the world. They made us feel at home and when one of us had a travel emergency, they were there to help. My husband and I stayed in four and five star places throughout our trip and I quite preferred Tissa's to most of them.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 27, 2013

A small boutique hotel with beautifully furnished, spacious rooms. The entire hotel had a look and feel of quiet, simple elegance. Very clean. Very attentive staff at the front desk.
Our initial room (#1) on the ground floor, although spacious and elegant, looked out directly onto the forecourt parking area and street, so curtains had to be kept closed. For our second night they moved us to a room (#4) on the second floor which was delightful, with windows on two walls. Breakfast was rather basic and the dining room, although pleasant and fine for breakfast, lacks character for other meals. Fortunately, there are other options in town.

Room Tip: #4 seems to be the best, but is also in their top price category. Avoid #1 since it looks out direc...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ron and Jeanne B
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed at Tissa's Inn in August 2013. My only regret is that I did not stay long enough. From the moment I stepped into that hotel, I felt at home, comfortable and in good hands. The room I was given was simply beautiful, spotless, roomy and pleasant. The manager is always available, full of attention for his guests' needs and comfort and the staff are nice, friendly and very helpful. The location is great for those who want to discover Cochin. I am a frequent traveller, but this was one of my best travelling experiences. I would rate this hotel as excellent in every respect and to me, one of the best in India. I am already planning to go back for a longer stay. And please, don't forget to spend some time to relax on the rooftop pool. Just wonderful.....

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Our first hotel in Southern India and we were very pleasantly surprised. We had a larger front room ( on the first floor)that was very light ,spacious and meticulously clean with all the bathroom luxuries replenished daily.We enjoyed the pool upstairs .My only criticism and it is a very small one is that the rooms don't have their own balconies to sit out on.The rooftop pool with recliners is the outdoor area.

The staff were lovely especially Senitha ,Melvyn and Christine and we thankyou
all for a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: We could choose our room,since it was very quiet on our arrival only .We chose the front room on the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple