Tissa's Inn
Ranked #6 of 223 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Reviewed April 3, 2011

Excellent place !
Nice Rooms, nice people and food.

This hotel was booked for me by my business associate who stays there for months. I never expected to be such a great place though it is a small hotel till I reached there.
Rooms with all amenities are clean.crisp and apt.

Love to go there whenever there is an opportunity. Thanks to all the staff.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed March 29, 2011

We stayed there for 2 nights my husband and I and we were not disapointed. As soon that you walk in you meet the wonderfull staff, Mr. Francis who is the manager he is so nice and professionnel he knows how to keep his customer happy. At the reception Sonam and Christina 2 lovely ladys who are always smiling and make sure that everything is ok and Jackson at the restaurant. The hotel is very well located you can walk to the old city, beautifull room very very clean confortable bed an extremely clean bathroom. A lovely pool ang very good breakfast and lunch at the restaurant. If you have to reserve in Cochin this is the place as you can see Im am not the only one who was very happy with this beautifull hotel read all the other reviews and you will have a wonderfull time ath the Tissa's Inn.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2011

An oasis of hospitality and comfort - that is Tissa Inn. I made a last minute booking and I am so glad I chose this hotel. My mom and myself were looked after extremely well by the GM - Francis and his lovely team especially Christina and Sonam at the reception . Francis is an institution in himself and can regale you with interesting tales of the city. The welcome drink of lime and ginger was delicious and the hotel has a lot of artwork on display ( being owned by the owner of Crafters - the most famous chain of antique showrooms in the city). Tissa Inn has all the standards of a five star at a fraction of the cost- their cleanliness is impeccable , lovely range of toiletries in the bathroom and everything works ! The swimming pool on the terrace is small but divine and relaxing . We had dinner in the hotel. The GM is most friendly and introduced all the guests in the hotel ; it made it all the more interesting.The location is fab and all the sights are within walking distance.Did I mention they have free Internet that actually works! . Their hospitality continued even after I checked out. I got a lovely personalised birthday card from the hotel . Its always the tiny touches that count and Tissa Inn has got that absolutely right !

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed March 25, 2011

While traveling in Southern India we were lucky to stay in this very comfortable and high class boutique style hotel. It's situated in the lovely colonial style town of Fort Kochi. A welcoming manager and staff will greet you. The attention to detail is very evident in Tissa's Inn.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2011

My three week road trip through southern India included stays at 15 different hotels-- where my responses ranged from "Oh... la la!" (as in "Fantastic!!!") to "Oh my god!" (as in "Get me outta this dump!!!"). Tissa's Inn ranks at the very top for the following reasons:
PRISTINE bathrooms
AMAZING shower pressure
Spacious, CLEAN bedrooms
Warm, professional staff
Welcome drink of freshly-squeezed lime soda (the recipe for which KP Francis will happily divulge if you "promise to keep it a secret")
KP Francis: who is the hotel manager at Tissa's Inn. If a more loving, sincere, informed, generous ambassador for India exists I'd have to meet him or her to believe it! Francis is that rare individual who can move between five-star professionalism and sweet, favorite uncle mode with ease and sincerity. For me, he is the heart of Kochi, and his beautiful inn a welcome oasis that I never wanted to leave.
(And did I mention that is was SUPER-clean???!!! :-)

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank GailForceOne
Reviewed March 16, 2011

After a long and tiring flight from France ,we arrived at Tissa's Inn... without our luggage . The Manager and his staff made their best to make us feel comfortable in a nicely furnished and quiet place . Jackson phoned and sent mails for us and we finally got our suitcase 36 hours later. When we came back at the end of our holidays ,we were welcomed as if we were friends .So this was our best memory of the Keralan hospitality.
Moreover ,it is close to the main places of interest in Fort Kochi .Breakfasts are very tasty and enable us to start a good day with Mr Francis's advice and tips concerning his city .

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank genevieve2433
Reviewed March 15, 2011

Tissa's Inn is situated in the heart of Fort Cochin. Major attractions all within walking distance. Very well designed, furnished and decorated rooms with AC. Small and agreeable swimming pool on roof top which is partly shaded so that you can enjoy a slight breeze even between 2 and 4 pm. Food in the restaurant is good. Staff is most helpful and friendly. We got detailed travel information beforehand when we could not figure out how to get to Cochin from Munnar. All our thanks to Mr Francis who not only manages the hotel with great care and hospitality but even helped one of us to get back her voice after it had completely gone by providing a very special spicy tea. We stayed for 4 nights.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple