“Anoob is a great host!”
Review of Good Karma inn

Good Karma inn
Ranked #3 of 459 Kochi (Cochin) B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Anoob couldn't have been nicer! He gave us so much helpful information about what to see in the city, including drawing it all out on a map. He answered our questions and made us delicious breakfast in the mornings (eggs cooked to order, fresh fruit, and tea). He made us a reservation for the Kathakali dance show without charging a commission. He has a great laugh :)

The room had a slight musty smell but was generally clean and spacious. There aren't really any bad locations in Fort Cochin since it's so small, but this location is very good, close to the Santa Cruz Basilica.

Room Tip: Air conditioning is definitely worth it!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Wonderful option in Fort Cochin! Unexpectedly, we arrived around 2:00 am, and were warmly welcomed and taken care of. Anu and his brother gave us great advice about our stay and helped us to arrange anything we needed. On our way back to Cochin to catch our flight home one week after our stay, we were able to leave our bags at the hotel and Anu's brother was our tuk tuk driver the entire day; waiting for us as we shopped, dined, etc. The rooms are tidy, reasonably priced, and in a great location - you couldn't ask for more!

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor are a bit noisy as they are next to the kitchen.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 13, 2013

On my first visit to Fort Cochin I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Good Karma Inn. As a woman traveling solo, I felt safe and supported throughout my stay. Anu did all he could to help me with transportation arrangements, information about places of interest and tickets to events. The brothers Anu and Shyam have a good sense about people and the atmosphere was relaxed and fun. The room was clean, air-conditioned and I was provided with everything I needed to be comfortable. The inn is walking distance to shops, beaches, sights such as the Chinese fish nets and five minutes from the Kathakali traditional dance theater. Anu helped me get tickets for the traditional Kerala dance performance at this theater. Breakfast was substantial, served promptly and I had interesting conversations with guests from Australia, Iceland, Scotland and other areas around the breakfast table. I would stay here again and stay longer. Thank you Anu for going out of your way in so many ways for me.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
goodkarma011, Owner at Good Karma inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

To Frances i
we were happy to get your feedback on TripAdvisor, and we are very pleased you felt safe and comfortable at our guesthouse.
we enjoy looking after our guests and are happy to advise what to see in Cochin and help with your travel onward.
best regards, Anoob
/ Good Karma Inn

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Amazing accommodation! Great location, very central to everything and rickshaws are very easy to use from there. What makes this accommodation is the staff! Anoo is absolutely amazing so helpful with anything and everything and nothing is too much trouble. He booked all shows, daytrips and drivers for us at very short notice, and was very happy to do so. For what you pay facilities are excellent. Very nice and clean.

• Stayed: February 2013

to kristiem
Thank you for your feedback re our guest house Good Karma.
It is so nice when our guests spend the time to tell us how they enjoyed their stay with us.
we aim to make your stay enjoyable and are happy to book your ongoing travel and tours for you.
Regards, Anoob/ Good Karma Inn

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Wonderful stay at Good Karma - started our holiday here and came back to finish our last few days too. Decent sized rooms, clean and comfortable. Very central location but quiet safe area. Anu and brother did everything to make us welcome, were very helpful in arranging trips, car, further accommodation, in fact everything to make our time in Kerala very special. Thank you guys and may see you next year!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Where do I start!?! Anu, Jaleel and Shyam made me feel like family from the moment I arrived. They are so friendly and took care of me to make sure I had a truly "local" experience.
I was so lucky, as the first night I arrived was the final night of the elephant festival - the swirls of colours, music, food and excitement were awe inspiring! Jaleel even took me shopping in his tuktuk to buy fabric and then took me to his home where his lovely wife gave me a cooking lesson (she is an AMAZING chef!) and is sewing my new outfits! His adorable daughter gave me beautiful henna designs and his son is very cute too. And their pet goats and cats are lots of fun too. The guys are popular in town and are happy to recommend restaurants and massage locations where you are greeted as friends.

The inn itself has nice, clean facilities and I felt very safe. With their open hearts, generosity and warm smiles, Anu, Jaleel and Shyam have made my first trip to India one I will never forget. I hope I can come back again another day to visit my new friends.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

to designchick.
Thank you for reviewing Good Karma, we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us, and felt comfortable staying in our guesthouse.
we were happy to be able to book your required trips and wish you happy traveling.
Regards, anoob/Good karma inn

Reviewed February 2, 2013

restay at Good Karma has been very pleasant. The Owners Anu and his brother Shyam can not do enough to to please you and make your stay comfortable and enjoyable.
Rooms are clean, comfortable and tidy. Breakfast enjoyable.
We would not hesitate to come back or recommend this pleasant accommodation..

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs with balcony was our accommodation.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple