“Nice budget hotel”

Four Seasons Hotel
Volda
“Nice budget hotel”
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

I and two friends was staying there for four/five days, and everybody was happy.
The pasta in the resturant was really good, and the rooms was fine.
The location is perfect, you can walk everywhere.
Not to mention that the staff was friendly and helpful.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Korean first
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed January 27, 2014

This is a safe choice if you are looking for a budget hotel. My girlfriend and I spent two days at the hotel. It is located nicely with fairly clean and spacious rooms (I believe there are two types of rooms, we had the larger one). The owner and staff all seem to be nice people with good english skills. We always felt safe at the hotel, and were never afraid of loosing our belongings. On the negative side, the fan in our room made a lot of noise!
The restaurant surprised me. We had several meals at the restaurant, all of them good or excellent, taking the low price into consideration. I would especially point out the sizzling seafood platter. By far the best seafood we found in kerala, and one of the best dished we found on our 1 month trip in India.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Mumbai
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Hotel owner Adrain & his wife took a good care of us, nicely & conveniently located on the princess street where you can easily get a bus, auto and overall the boats which can take you to the Ernakulam city in mere 04 rupees.........great experience and recommended........

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Portlaoise, Ireland
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I found this place via tripadvisor and because of the ok reviews we decided to give it a go by booking 4 nights stay which was supposed to be great. The price was more than right and when we saw the pictures my my my!
So we called the owner to let him know we will be arriving early in the morning around 5 a.m which was supposed to be ok, but when we got there nobody was waiting,all the lights were off and we were absolutely wrecked after a 10h bus ride. We called th man he said no problem you pay extra we give u a room until 12 at noon, and this man came really pissed and gave us the room and left us. Now here comex the good part, the sheets we filled with hair and ants, bathroom with spiders and small flies, dust everywhere, floor dirty and well no hot water. The humidity in the room was so high tbat the paint on the walls started to come off, so wedecided to not check in at 12 but leave instead, so we asked to be charged for the day in course and the night even though we would not tay there and to get the rest of the money so that we could be on our way.
we didnt get anything back but we did leave before 12 at noon and I am still glad I did it.
I do understand it is a budget place but the pictures online show us something that doesnot exist and that is called false advertisement.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 112
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Elena2708
masala0484, Owner at Four Seasons Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear ma'am,

Good day

You forgot to mention the exact problem, You boy friend called me one day prior to check-in, He should have mentioned us that you will be arriving early morning. He just asked for address of the hotel. Around 9 am he calls me and tell me that his friends have arranged a stay in Cochin, So he asked me for a refund. So I told him that won't be possible. Then he told me that you was suffering from asthma, and many excuses. Thinking that I will refund the amount. So Please don't blame us.
Milwaukee
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This place was my first ever hotel in India and it did not disappoint. My flight was late getting in and the owners were kind enough to wait up for me as I did not arrive at the hotel until well past 11 PM. My room was small but bright, clean and cozy, with working reliable wifi and a flatscreen tv with a decent selection of English-language channels. The shower seemed to have working hot water, although I can't see why one would ever use it given Kerala's unrelenting heat. On this note, it was a relief to find out that A/C was only an extra few hundred rupees per night. The A/C worked well and cooled the room down considerably after about an hour or so. Overall, rooms are decent value. Location is also great - you're less than a five minute walk away from the Chinese fishing nets as well as St Francis' Church and number of decent restaurants serving fresh seafood.

Being within walking distance to other restaurants is almost irrelevant though, as the hotel's attached restaurant (named Masala Fort) served up some of the best food I had in India. Even the masala chai was of a noticeably higher quality than it was in most of the other places I visited in India (as it should be - after all, isn't Kerala one of India's spice strongholds?). Here, prices are far more reasonable compared to many of the other seafood-serving restaurants that are spread throughout Fort Cochin, and the food is always fresh, well-seasoned and made to order.

That being said, service at Four Seasons also deserves high marks, as the owner, Adrain and his wife Sophia always did their best to make sure I was comfortable and enjoying my time in Kochi. They also found a couple to split a taxi with me from Kochi to Alleppey on the day I checked out.

Overall, great location, rooms, service and food. I will definitely recommend this to others planning to visit Kochi.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Patrick W
St Ives, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Fantastic standard rooms - large, cool and good attached bathroom. Staff and very helpful and friendly. Attached restaurant OK but food a bit limited. Free fast WiFi in restaurant. Very close to harbour of fort kochi.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amy P
Cancun, Mexico
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed couple of nights there. Right in the heart of Fort Kochi, near of everything you might need. We took the deluxe room and its worth for what you pay for, its big, u get AC, little fridge, TV and 2 beds. They have a restaurant there so you can eat and its good plus also laundry service if you require. They can guide you around if needed. Just contact them by email and they reply soon all the time. Thnx a lot Adrian and Sophia, hope to see you back soon !!
Tania y Vincent