“Amazing vacation and very nice people..” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Heavenly Home Stay

Heavenly Home Stay
Ranked #1 of 424 Kochi (Cochin) B&B and Inns
“Amazing vacation and very nice people..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

It was very relaxing and fun, patric and mary were amazing! its nice to meet Good people.. The brackfast is so tasty! Spacially the pinapple juice and the omlet, and ofcurse the indian food was very good. thank you.! Enjoy heavanly homestay everybody!!! :) miss india.. from israel

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Bad Kreuznach, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Patrick and Mary are perfect hosts, What impressed me most was the spotless clean room and bathroom, as well as the delicious Indian breakfast with lots of fruit etc.
The location is perfect in a residential area and conveniently situated near the center of town. I felt very much looked after.
Waltraut L from Germany

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Caloundra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Heavenly Homestay is one homestay which really does live up to its name. Patrick and Mary have truly created an oasis of comfort and friendliness in Fort Cochin. We arrived to SPOTLESS, air conditioned, extremely comfortable rooms including breakfasts that amazed us in quantity, quality and variety. The true test of a Homestay however is just how hospitable the hosts are when things go wrong. When our daughter's gastro (contracted elsewhere and which she had been fighting for some time), worsened on the day we were due to leave, Mary and Patrick pulled out all stops to help us. Patrick insisted on driving us to the doctor and later to the hospital , bringing clean sheets, drinking water and toilet paper in case she had to be admitted. He waited with us throughout the entire ordeal offering his active support in dealing with language barriers etc. When we decided not to admit her to hospital overnight, Mary insisted, although they only had one room available, that our daughters could share our room, even giving us the mattress from their own daughter's bed for my husband and I to sleep on. As if this wasn't enough, on our unexpected return to Fort Cochin a week later, Mary, having no rooms available, had Patrick guide us on his motorbike to other great accommodation nearby. We simply cannot thank these kind and lovely people enough for all their help. My family and I would easily have voted this Homestay in the top three we stayed in during our six weeks in India, but given all the extra attention they gave to us, in very trying times, I think Mary and Patrick deserve our number one vote. We would not hesitate to recommend this Homestay and would gladly return in the future. On the day we departed Cochin Patrick turned up at our alternate accommodation house on his motorbike with a small gift to wish us well, check on our daughter and say bon voyage.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

This would be my first trip to Kerala and my vacation in Cochin was a memorable one made more pleasant with my stay at Heavenly Homestay or HH as I refer to it hereafter. After reading about HH on Trip Advisor, I contacted Patrick & Mary via email and was lucky to get a slot of 3 days for my stay. Though Patrick was away in Delhi to receive an award during my arrival at HH, he and Mary made sure I felt very much at home away from home. Mary proceeded to brief me about my surroundings and places I could get around on foot from HH to visit and have my meals. And all of these, while I was served a fabulous pineapple fruit juice, what a thirst quencer it was.
The room upstairs which I stayed in was so tastefully furnished and with lovely decor, I was delighted with it. It had a refrigerator, cable tv, a/c, water heated shower and even mosquito net draping above the bed. Obviously Patrick & Mary had put a lot of thought into this room to provide the best convenience & comfort for their guest. Also, I must mention here, the authentic Malayalee breakfast is served in the mornings, you will never have to consider the need to look around for breakfast (or even lunch after) as it is served to your hearts content.
As it was my first trip to Cochin/Kerala and wasn't sure where I should consider visiting, Mary (& Patrick) suggested the Backwaters. I decided to go along with that suggestion and it turned out to be an amazing experience personally for me and am so thankful to them for suggesting it to me.
On the day of my departure, Patrick whom I had not met in person, did his best to return from Delhi and made it. I was taken by the dedication shown in wanting to meet me in person by Patrick though we had communicated by emails on several occasions. Most of all I was very touched when Patrick, Mary and their children stood along the roadside by their home to see me off in the taxi, until I was not able to see them anymore. It felt like I was saying goodbyes to my own family.
Heavenly Homestay has certainly proven God's Own Country has got a home for me to come back to.
I will not hesitate for a moment to recommend HH to my family and friends in Malaysia or those who read my comments.
Thank you Heavenly Homestay for that 3 memorable days in Cochin.

Allen J. Sundar
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

• Stayed January 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed very much staying here with mr. Patrick and his family. They are so polite and so nice!!
AC wasn't working proberly but thats just a little detail.
Also they seem to put the small pisiare tablets in the hand-wash and in the shower... These smell SO bad and so strong... All our stuff smelled like it when we left, but over all we enjoyed it here!

• Stayed December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Again I was lucky and had the great pleasure to stay with Mary, Patrick and their family in the Heavenly Home Stay. It is the beat place to stay and I was extremely lucky to score a room for 2 days. Due to the well deserved and excellent reviews they are fully booked most of the time and until now they only have 2 rooms to let. So make sure that you make contact with them early. Mary's breakfast curries were delicious as evrything else that is served. Can't think of a better place to stay. A big thank you to patrick and his family.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

Stayed with Patrick and Mary for 3 nights recently, and have nothing but praise for their hospitaliy. The (downstairs) room was spacious and exceptionally tidy, with ensuite and hot water, the location is a few minutes walk from the main bits of Fort Kochi but very quiet. I have to say the breakfasts were absolutely massive and kept me going well past lunchhtime, thanks to Mary! I can recommend the kathikali show and backwaters trip which Patrick can organise (for the latter definitely go for the canoeing option in the afternoon). All in all it was a great start to my Kerala experience and can throughly recommend to others.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo