“An excellent place to stay in Cochin”
Review of Anna Homestay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kochi (Cochin)
Anna Homestay
Reviewed December 10, 2010

Francis and Christina are very nice people, they did everything they could to make us comfortable. We loved meeting them and their children and we felt very welcome in their home.
Anna Homestay is in a lovely location and we enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of our stay there.
The Arts Centre with Kathakali, Indian Dance, Sitar and Drums, Indian Flute etc. is just round the corner and Francis has tickets! Its so easy and just wonderful!
If you're going to Cochin, get in touch with them!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Anna Homestay

Reviewed March 8, 2010

My friends wedding brought me to Fort Kochi. Francis & I e-mailed several times before my arrival. Francis arranged everything from my transportation to sight seeing.
It was still early morning dark when my driver Mr. Johnson dropped me off in front of Anna’s. Francis helped with my luggage and Christina handed me a bottle of water as she showed one tired traveler to her room.

Christina served all meals at home. What a wonderful cook she is! If you wanted to eat in town she was fine with that too. On the day of the wedding Christina helped me with my Sari – I had never worn one before and was at a complete loss. I was so nervous and would have been a mess had it not been for her.

Anna’s Homestay is centrally located and within walking distance to everything. Francis & Christiana have 2 beautiful well mannered daughters. I met other travelers at Anna’s a few had switched from their accommodations and came to Anna’s. My Immaculate room had a private bath and was air conditioned. The A/C worked very well. Francis also has a separate generator that powers the entire house should the electricity fail; which it did once during my visit. The house has Wi-Fi and anything else you think you need all you have to do is ask. Francis & Christina are super.

It is important to note your meals and extras are charged separate from the room – so hold on to a few Rupees to settle when you get ready to leave.
You will have the best time at Anna's Homestay and I look forward to reading about your experience in your review here.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2010

Hi fellow travellers,

We stayed at Anna's our first night in India. I wanted something with a solid reputation after a succession of 36.5 hours of flight/wait time. I was able to book online and confirm the reservation within hours of having written. When we arrived late at night our room was waiting for us. The family run guest house was warm and welcoming from the start. The rooms are clean, has reliable plumbing, and breakfast is included in asking price (which for us was 1500Rs/night). The location is not so far out of the way that you cannot get to all there is to see easily, but also is far enough away to guarentee a nice, peaceful, quiet ,and uninterrupted sleep. It is well run by the unintrusive and extremely helpful/delightful couple, Christine and Francis. Anna (the Homestay's namesake) is their charming little girl. If you want a sure thing with no hassles, this is IT.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2010

After having traveled for two weeks on my own, I felt like in seventh heaven when I arrived at Anna's Homestay in the middle of the night on Dec. 26th. Christina, Francis and the kids were very welcoming, openminded and helpful in every possible way. They do not only provide a clean and lovely place to stay in Fort Kochi but also make their guests feel like they have just come home. I did not share many experiences with other travelers in Kochi thus I don't know what other nice home stays there may be discovered in the city but even if I had known other nice places I would not even for a second have thought about shifting from Anna's Homestay. Also the other guests at Anna's were very friendly so that a warm atmosphere of family life and the wish to spend time together emerged. I would love to come back to Anna's as it was definitely the best place to stay during my entire journey throught South India. Maybe I will even bring my mum next time as she would surely enjoy a backwaters tour, Ayurvedic treatments, Christina's delicious food and, most of all, the cozy and homely atmosphere at Anna's. I strongly recommend staying at Anna's when you are in Kochi.

Gigi, Germany

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2010

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Anna's and would gladly go there again. We're in the "upper budget" class of travelers, and found the value to be outstanding. The proprietors were helpful with suggesting local activities (though not pushy) and were happy to share their family with us. We really enjoyed the relaxed feel, the cleanliness and the healthy food. Christine helped us learn how to cook a few dishes - a basic dal, some form of kadai paneer, veggie pulao, aloo gobi, curried shrimp and chappati. They all turned out tasty and the price for the cooking class was very reasonable. Spending a few days in Kochi (one more than we had originally intended!) was a great recharge for the rest of our trip. Thanks!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2009

Nothing else to say except: great people, very very nice rooms,very central and quite, clean house, a perfect stay. me and my wife loved it there and absolutely recommend it!

Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2009

We had an absolutely fab time staying here. What we had decided was to spend 1 night resting our tired legs but what turned out to be a 5 night stay at a place that had the most beautiful ,lovely people. Christine and Francis were so wonderful and welcomig from the minute we dragged our tired bodies through the door to our teary goodbye at 5 in the morning. We had great food very comfortable room's and most of all we really ejoyed their 2 children whom we became very close to. We are definately going back and encourage everyone who visits Fort Cochi to stay here but remember to have some extra time as you may never want to leave!!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)