Orion Holidays
Radisson Blu Kochi(Ernakulam)
$84
$66
  • Breakfast included
Taj Malabar Resort & Spa Cochin(Kochi (Cochin))
$98
$71
$63
HolidayInn.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshome stayfort cochinlovely balconynice breakfastplaces of interestthe location is perfectguest houseceiling fanthree nightslovely homestayprincess streetgreat place to staykeralalaundrybackwaters
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Good room, quite large and comfortable. Very large bathroom, good time under the shower (without wasting water, though), room with a balcony and two canvas chairs, so we could enjoy in the morning, listening to beautiful music coming from the neighborhood - but the room was really not noisy, nor the environment !
Good welcome, relax, very south indian style we thought (after a long stay in Rajasthan) ;-) not so expensive room, really good quality for the price.
Many things were available (wifi, asking for trips around Kochi...) but we didn't ask for.
The location was quite nice and pleasant. Thus, I keep a very good memory of our stay there !

Room Tip: Our room was the first on the left as you climb the stairs (someone put a picture of it, with yellow curtains).
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Hello everyone, myself Priyank Banker.. I m from Ahmedabad, Gujarat.. I came to Kochi on 16th Jan 2013 with a previously made online booking at ORION SKYWINGS for 05 days from 16th Jan to 21st Jan 2013.. Without knowing anything about this hotel i made it... I was afraid abt the location and atmosphere here as I came with my wife.. I thought hw it would be... BUT..... Frankly speaking me & my wife we both r very delighted and glad to have our time spent here.. it has everything which is somewhere expected by anyone.. Nice breakfast.. Cleanliness and co-operative staff especially the MANAGER who later became my frnd.. Nice fellow haa... Well I definitely recommend this hotel to each n every person coming to Kochi... After all comfort matters more than money... Thank u ORION SKYWINGS for giving me a memorable journey to KERALA...

Room Tip: "Middle rooms are more cool than rest of the rooms..."
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Great homestay, the rooms are clean, service is good and you get alot for what you are paying. Good place to stay for anyone dependless of what budget you have. Tv with alot of channels for those who like that and good wifi on the room is included.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Antonkinlund
Reviewed January 3, 2013

First of all I make it clear that I am reviewing Orion Holidays ( Homestay ) and not the other namesake of the same address but called Orion Skywings.

My wife and myself reached the homestay at noon and were supposed to be shown our room as the check out time was 1200. But unfortunately one Esraeli who stayed in our room , though vacated the same , carried the key with him and the Manager allowed him to take the key. This resulted in our waiting for more than 2 hours.

The room was spacious , neat, clean had wardrobe, The washroom boasted of nice tub. The homestay was very near to Santa Cruz Basilica,originally built by Portuguesein 1505. The current building was built in 1905 and Pope John Paul II enhanced its status to Basilica in 1986.
Kathakali Kala Kendra is nearer to the Homestay. A very good eatery called Fish n Chips is just at the opposite corner to the Basilica.

The manager at the Homestay was very efficient in arranging our tickets for the performance of Kathakali in the evening of 20th Dec 2012 , affordable excursion by Kettuvallam and country boat for backwater cruiize of 7 hours on 21st Dec and calling a cab at 0445 on 22nd Dec to dispatch us to the Kochi Airport. He was very friendly and cooperative.

If and only if we would get bed tea on both the mornings we would have been very pleased. An electric kettle, 2 mugs, a water bottle, sugar, tea and coffee sachets were the just requirement of any guests. The lack of or negligience of this left a sour note on our mind.

Dr Dilip Shete

Room Tip: All the rooms have the same merits.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We were recommended Orion Skywings by our friends from Germany and that was the biggest gift they gave us. It is the sister hotel to the Orion Holidays house and is one of the best places we have stayed in India. The rooms were beautifully decorated, all modern amenities and our ground floor room had a beautiful verandah.
The service was excellent, breakfast great, laundry service and of course the staff were brilliant. Hari Chandran, the manager made our stay very special and treated us like family. Was really one of the nicest places we stayed in India.
The location is wonderful with lots of cool restaurants nearby including the excellent "Tibetan Chef's Kitchen" near the Kathkali dance theatre.
Orion also offers affordable excursions around Kerala and the best part is there is wifi here too.
I would definitely come back and I highly recommend this cool, comfortable and classy home-stay!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends