“Mediocre”

Upstairs Italian Restaurant
Ranked #92 of 1,105 Restaurants in Kochi (Cochin)
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

We stopped here after a long day out as it was convenient on the walk back to the hotel. During our two weeks in India this was our only non-Indian evening meal and it really was nothing special, a mediocre pizza accompanied unwelcome live music.

Reviewed March 2, 2018 via mobile

Awesome food with excellent service. In house baked bread was very tasty. Food quality was good really had good time for lunch

Reviewed February 28, 2018

Very tidy looking restaurant in a great position to watch the world go by, but how disappointing was the food ?
Extremely. I had the Gorgonzola and mushroom pasta , the sauce which tasted like it had just been poured from a jar - certainly not restaurant standard. My partner had the Chorizo pizza which was also poor due to being wafer thin and flavourless. We shared a portion of garlic bread - heaven knows where the garlic was hiding.
Lastly we ordered two Pineapple and ginger juices from the 'specials' board, when they arrived they were not freshly squeezed as hoped but fizzy - Lilt ?
The fella playing guitar and singing recieved the tip as we left. Try somewhere else.

Reviewed February 25, 2018

My partner and I thought this place looked cool so went in for some pizza / pasta. OK so we're in India, therefore Italian cuisine may have been optimistic, however as it was an Italian restaurant (and significantly pricey!!) we thought, they probably know what they're doing. Big mistake. I never really complain about food, but it was so appalling we had no choice. We ordered a green salad on the side, which was literally limp and inedible. We complained at the time and I advised that I was not prepared to pay for it, it was taken away, yet still appeared on the bill at the end. Alos they charged 70 rupees for 200ml Coca Cola... Insanity. We quibbled the bill at the end, and I had to speak to the manager, who ended up personally insulting me, and in fact blaming me for slavery (which came about by him attempting to suggest that I was a greedy traveller taking advantage of him.) Unbelievable response, but hey ho. I would strongly recommend that you avoid this horrible place. If however you choose to go, I look forward to reading your equally damning review.

Reviewed February 10, 2018

I don't know what can justify such high prices but it is definitely not the mediocre quality of the food.