“Absolutely disgusting food at exorbitant rates!! If you want to waste your money on a terrible 'meal' eat here”

Upstairs Italian Restaurant
Ranked #92 of 1,105 Restaurants in Kochi (Cochin)
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2018

My partner and I thought this place looked cool so went in for some pizza / pasta. OK so we're in India, therefore Italian cuisine may have been optimistic, however as it was an Italian restaurant (and significantly pricey!!) we thought, they probably know what they're doing. Big mistake. I never really complain about food, but it was so appalling we had no choice. We ordered a green salad on the side, which was literally limp and inedible. We complained at the time and I advised that I was not prepared to pay for it, it was taken away, yet still appeared on the bill at the end. Alos they charged 70 rupees for 200ml Coca Cola... Insanity. We quibbled the bill at the end, and I had to speak to the manager, who ended up personally insulting me, and in fact blaming me for slavery (which came about by him attempting to suggest that I was a greedy traveller taking advantage of him.) Unbelievable response, but hey ho. I would strongly recommend that you avoid this horrible place. If however you choose to go, I look forward to reading your equally damning review.

Reviewed February 10, 2018

I don't know what can justify such high prices but it is definitely not the mediocre quality of the food.

Reviewed February 7, 2018

Colourful steps lead up to this vibrant little restaurant. Food well presented and tasty. Great cocktails as well.

Reviewed February 1, 2018

Overpriced poor food served in a non air conditioned, noisy, rather grubby upstairs restaurant.
Chicken dry and tasteless, lasagne underseasoned and overcooked.
Rs1600 for one bruschetta starter, two main courses, two lime soda & a bottle of water.

Reviewed January 27, 2018

This is restaurant that serve European food in Fortcochin located near the fusion bay restaurant with good Italian food
but prices little high