“What a lovely place.”
Review of Beena Homestay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kochi (Cochin)
Beena Homestay
Ranked #13 of 488 Kochi (Cochin) B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed for 7 nights at Beena Homestay. It was a wonderful experience. The room was very comfortable, clean, the bathroom was also very nice. Breakfast and dinner was of the highest quality, well prepared, was very varied but always very tasty. The hosts was very helpful, It was great that I could have my room until I left for the airport at midnight. This was a great help for me.
It was very nice to talk to people during breakfast an dinner, no separate tables, so it was easy to talk to other guests.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lars_Nilsson_Sweden

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We feel so lucky to have been able to stay at Beena's during our brief time in Cochin. We felt such warm hospitality from Beena and Sudi from the start which made our trip truly special and left a lasting memory of the friendliness of the people in this region.

Beena and Sudi went out of their way to ensure our comfort, even welcoming us into their home at 3:00 am after a late flight and arranging a taxi pick up. We were pleased with their recommendation for a houseboat trip with their family friend Bilu of Kerala Dreams whose staff maintained the warm friendliness we came to know at Beena's. Beena and Sudi held our room and allowed us to keep our key during the overnight excursion to return as we please with trust to their home. We even happened upon Beena as we were trying to explain directions to a tuk-tuk driver and she stopped the car she was travelling in on a busy road to personally provide directions to the driver! When my bag was lost at the airport, Sudi called Cochin International himself while we were away on the houseboat to locate the bag and called his friend Bilu to pass along the information to me that it was found, resolving all concerns and allowing us to relax on the houseboat.

It was such a delight that a traditional breakfast and dinner were provided and we were amazed at the variety, abundance and interesting flavours of the food; definitely the best indian food we have ever had and it was evident that it was prepared with such love and joy. The dishes were constantly replenished as we gorged!

The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable and the house was located away from the beaten tourist track. We truly felt like we were home away from home and have been inspired to plan a future trip to fully explore this region, only hoping that Beena's is available.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JennyMarieH
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed at Beena's two years ago with a friend and found it a lovely place to stay - homely, really friendly and helpful, and with great food!.. So I booked to stay again this year with a friend and I was so glad I did because at the last minute my friend was unable to come. Travelling as a solo female traveller I was really comfortable staying at Beena's and made to feel so at home. Beena and Sudi are such a lovely couple.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had a small but comfortable room at Beena's. The best things were the relaxed family atmosphere and the really delicious food.

Beena's is great value. It's a little way out of the centre of the old town, but the taxi fares are really low.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Beena and Sudi are the perfect hosts. I emailed Beena in a panic just as I was leaving Mumbai and she emailed me back almost immediately.

The food was to die for, the company was fantastic and the rooms were excellent.

During my trip I became a little unwell, and Beena and Sudi spent a long time each morning making me ginger tea and fetching me extra toast (it was all i could handle).

And their little granddaughter Krishna is so cute!

This homestay is a great place to stay if you are looking to meet people, and experience the amazing Kerelan food and lifestyle. This place made my entire trip.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Beena and Sudi are some of the worlds "Hosts with the Most" It is not all about the smartest place to stay because what they offer is genuine Warmth and Hospitality in their home.
We stayed 4 days, our room was quite small and our ensuite bathroom adequate. The rooms were clean with linen changed every day (this only happened elsewhere in one hotel) The food was excellent both at breakfast and dinner and included in the price, possibly the best food we had in South India. The people we met were interesting fun to be with and all age groups.
Beena and Sudi I hope we can return one day. Thank you for making your home one of the best places to stay

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2013

You won't be disappointed staying here! My husband and I stayed at Beena's for 4 nights at the end of January. Beena and Sudi are the loveliest couple. The place is spotless and the food is excellent! You will never feel hungry as they make sure you are well fed. We arrived later in the evening and they still had dinner for us...so thoughtful. They will help you with all your arrangements. If you can get a room don't hesitate to book. We love you Beena and Sudi! Thank you for everything. We hope that we can meet again one day!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple