“Cycling in Kerala”
Review of Sajhome

Sajhome
Ranked #3 of 212 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I don't normally write reviews on Tripadvisor but my experience at Sajhome was so good I thought I should share it with others. The amazingly good service started before I even arrived in Kochi. My first email of inquiry was answered almost immediately (despite the time difference) and from then on the communication was excellent. I was going to Kerala on a cycling tour and taking my own bike with me so I needed somewhere to store my bike while in Kochi and the bag I brought it in while I was away on my cycling adventure. I also needed to be picked up from the airport in a vehicle big enough for all my luggage. Saj sorted everything out with no fuss and all went smoothly from the start. He then spent a lot of time with me helping me to plan my route for cycling and booking accommodation on the way. The room itself was small by very nice and was perfect for me. The breakfast was lovely and the atmosphere very relaxed. I cannot recommend Sajhome enough and can assure anybody that they will get excellent customer service with a very personal and friendly style.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed February 15, 2014

As soon as we arrived Saj gave us breakfast, though we arrived from our flight about 10.30. It was a typical generous gesture from Sajhome which well deserves it's high rankings. Saj gives you an excellent local map and explains all the attractions, which just makes it all so easy. Nothing was too much trouble for him. Our 2 rooms for our family of 5 were great and really clean. Our 11yo old daughter loved playing with his daughter, such a nice homely feeling. Cannot recommend it highly enough, thanks Saj.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 14, 2014

My fiance and I spent 3 nights here and it was a lovely departure from the other places we've stayed at in India. Saj and his family were very welcoming (just the right amount without being intrusive), his daughters are delightful and charming, and the place is just really clean and comfortable. Their food recommendations were great - our faves were Fusion Bay and Casalinda - as were their recommendations on tourist attractions. Beware the mosquitoes though (but this is true all over India), I'm still itching 3 months later!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I have traveled extensively around the world to developing nations but have put off India worried about the hassle. Kerala was my first stop on my Indian your and thankfully I stayed at sajhome. Let me assure you my stay was not only hassle free it was also helpful. Saj gave me assistance even before I arrived with information on booking various transportation methods for the entire country. He kindly drove me to dinner at a local restaurant when the taxi drivers were striking. He hooked me up with an exquisite houseboat in Alleppey and ensured I was taken care of properly. Thanks again Saj I appreciate the service and delicious breakfast.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We had a short break of 5 nights only. Saj homes helped plan our itinerary to maximize our stay and yet keep it pleasant and relaxed. Everything was prearranged. We managed to do all we set ourselves to do and more with time to spare for shopping.
The rooms are clean & pleasant and well located with easy access to all major sights within Fort Cochin. They are incredibly helpful and are ready to lend a hand should you face any inconvenience. We had a great time there, hopefully you would too..

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 6, 2014

nice location, (apart from 5am mosque call) very helpful and friendly. room very clean with street balcony. great powerfull and hot shower. go to dal roti for evening meal (short walk) great atmosphere and fantastic food , some nice shops near here.

Room Tip: front street with balcony
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Welcoming, friendly , charming, helpful, efficient . Three separate nights here with Saj kindly accomadating spare luggage whilst we were away. Taxis arranged, refreshment on arrival, central for sights and good advice about places to eat etc. What more can one ask?

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple