“Small and safe and excellent service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sajhome

Sajhome
Ranked #3 of 201 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Finland
“Small and safe and excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Sajhome is small, with excellent service and position in context to whether you want to visit by ferry the hectic Ernakulam center, visit sights on FortCochi, or nearby local streets that has a lot of good shops (which are not in the touristarea), or the beach (not a swimmingarea) and more European style buildings.

You could not get better service what regards to book for tours or hire a cab. And the Keralite-breakfast, which I missed so much, is just as good as ever as well as the fresh juices.

I lost my voice and had some nasty cough during the visit. Don't hesitate to ask for help in such a situation. Got some good tea that eased a little.

This was my second return to Sajhome and will continue to visit it, whenever I return. This time we went away from one night and returned so I had to change room. Whichever room you get it is just as beautiful and decorated with care.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank GMKL70
Dear Sir & Madam,

Thank you for your valuable post and I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay, our service, all suggestions, tips and travel arrangements.

Saj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Polish first
Northern California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Saj was great in communicating with us prior to arrival, and arranging a back-water boat tour, and a massage for us. He arranged for a driver to pick us up late at the airport, and the driver was polite, and everything went smoothly. Saj met us when we arrived, and it must have been about midnight. We had a large room, large bed and a good size bathroom. We had a balcony that we never used because it was hot, but it did face the main street. We were in Kochi at the hottest time of the year and we were very thankful for the AC that Saj had. Even when the regular power outages occurred Saj would use the generator and we still could run the AC. Saj recommended restaurants, and each one he recommended was great, and we never got sick. Saj and his family provided us with a good breakfast each morning, and it was fantastic, and we never got sick. :) The smoothie was a treat, we really enjoyed it. Our last morning we left at 6:30am, and Saj got up to say goodbye and gave us some fruit to eat on the drive to Munnar. Everything was very clean at his home, spotless. One day we had hand washed our clothes and hung them in our bathroom to dry, and the cleaning staff took our clothes and dried them for us, and returned them wrinkle free, what a treat. Saj runs a very professional bed and breakfast, we would definitely stay with Saj again if we return to Kochi. Thank you Saj!!

Room Tip: AC room is needed during the hottest time of the year
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pirokp

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

At Sajhome, I felt like I was staying at my home sweet home. Thumb's up in every aspects! Love your hospitality and for sure I'll go back to Fort Kochi again in a near future :)

Thanks Saj, your daughters & family, and your staff...

See you again in a couple months!

Kate :)

Room Tip: I stayed at room no.2 & no.6, both were great but if you'd love to have a balcony & bigg...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Triplek_Bkk

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed at Sajhome in Fort Cochin twice. Once in January and again in February. Both times I had a great stay. Saj is an amazing host. He does everything efficiently and enthusiastically. The first time I was there, he planned a wonderful trip for me to Munnar. (Driving there, I shared a car with a wonderful Australian couple.) He offers amazing advice on things to do around Fort Cochin. He enjoys looking after his guests and it's rare to find such amazing service.
The house itself is cosy and spotlessly clean. There's a pleasant outdoor area where breakfast is served every day (wonderful authentic south Indian food). I had the front room, which overlooked the road. But the windows are such good quality I was never bothered by road noise. It was a nicely decorated cosy room, with good air conditioning, hot water and a TV.
If you're planning on visiting Fort Cochin, I would highly recommend staying at Sajhome. I'd definitely go back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Sajhomes was the first homestay / B&B we stayed at in India and was a great place to start. Both rooms we stayed in were bright and clean.

Saj himself is a very welcoming host, he recommended a number of restaurants which were all good as well as giving us advice on things to do in Kochi. For the india novice he was a great help.

Breakfast was good - especially the fresh juices - prepared by his wife and served by daughters.

Saj helped us book taxis, tickets to shows etc. which was all appreciated,

Finn & Anna (dec 12 / jan 13)

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FinnClaw1

Delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed by myself for one night in March, and I had a lovely time. The owner Saj is very friendly and serves tasty authentic breakfast, which he is very enthusiastic about. Although it's pretty much too hot for much sightseeing in March, my stay was comfortable and I felt safe.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
sajhome, Owner at Sajhome, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Sir & Madam,

Thank you very much for being with us and happy to know that you had a wonderful stay at our tiny accommodation and I am delighted that in enjoying all of my tips, suggestions our homely breakfast. transport arrangements.

Hope to meet you again in future

Sincerely
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

After a long, dusty and hot day of traveling in March, I was greeted at Sajhome by his daughter with an ice cold bottle of water. If you fly into Cochin, take Saj up on the transportation from the airport - it's the same cost as a taxi and they will get you there faster. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, the breakfast was delicious and Saj is extremely helpful by giving you a map, directions, times of trains/buses, cost of transport, whatever you need, he always had a very nice suggestion. I picked this based on reviews in Trip Advisor and they were accurate - Lonely Planet needs to add Sajhome to it's listings.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
sajhome, Owner at Sajhome, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Sir & Madam,

Thank you for your precious time for this post and it is glad to read that you have enjoyed our rooms, hospitality. service, all the travel arrangements and homely food.

Hope that you would give me another oppurtunity to serve you again.

Saj m fmly