“Amazing service”
Review of Sajhome

and 1 more site!
Sajhome
Ranked #4 of 207 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing service”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed at Sajhome in Fort Cochin twice. Once in January and again in February. Both times I had a great stay. Saj is an amazing host. He does everything efficiently and enthusiastically. The first time I was there, he planned a wonderful trip for me to Munnar. (Driving there, I shared a car with a wonderful Australian couple.) He offers amazing advice on things to do around Fort Cochin. He enjoys looking after his guests and it's rare to find such amazing service.
The house itself is cosy and spotlessly clean. There's a pleasant outdoor area where breakfast is served every day (wonderful authentic south Indian food). I had the front room, which overlooked the road. But the windows are such good quality I was never bothered by road noise. It was a nicely decorated cosy room, with good air conditioning, hot water and a TV.
If you're planning on visiting Fort Cochin, I would highly recommend staying at Sajhome. I'd definitely go back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
sajhome, Owner at Sajhome, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Sir & Madam,

Thank you for your valuable post and I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay, our service, all suggestions, tips and travel arrangements.

Hope that you would come back to Sajhome in future

Saj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Polish first
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Sajhomes was the first homestay / B&B we stayed at in India and was a great place to start. Both rooms we stayed in were bright and clean.

Saj himself is a very welcoming host, he recommended a number of restaurants which were all good as well as giving us advice on things to do in Kochi. For the india novice he was a great help.

Breakfast was good - especially the fresh juices - prepared by his wife and served by daughters.

Saj helped us book taxis, tickets to shows etc. which was all appreciated,

Finn & Anna (dec 12 / jan 13)

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FinnClaw1
sajhome, Owner at Sajhome, responded to this review, June 17, 2013

Hope that you would come back to Sajhome in future

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed by myself for one night in March, and I had a lovely time. The owner Saj is very friendly and serves tasty authentic breakfast, which he is very enthusiastic about. Although it's pretty much too hot for much sightseeing in March, my stay was comfortable and I felt safe.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Sir & Madam,

Thank you very much for being with us and happy to know that you had a wonderful stay at our tiny accommodation and I am delighted that in enjoying all of my tips, suggestions our homely breakfast. transport arrangements.

San Francisco
Reviewed May 6, 2013

After a long, dusty and hot day of traveling in March, I was greeted at Sajhome by his daughter with an ice cold bottle of water. If you fly into Cochin, take Saj up on the transportation from the airport - it's the same cost as a taxi and they will get you there faster. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, the breakfast was delicious and Saj is extremely helpful by giving you a map, directions, times of trains/buses, cost of transport, whatever you need, he always had a very nice suggestion. I picked this based on reviews in Trip Advisor and they were accurate - Lonely Planet needs to add Sajhome to it's listings.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Sir & Madam,

Thank you for your precious time for this post and it is glad to read that you have enjoyed our rooms, hospitality. service, all the travel arrangements and homely food.

Hope that you would give me another oppurtunity to serve you again.

Saj m fmly
bangalore
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We traveled to Kochi for 3 days with my wife, a friend of ours and his wife, as a part of our South India trip. Those three days must have been the most memorable part of the trip. Our host Saj was wonderful. He took care to make our stay very comfortable. The rooms are nice and the breakfast was delicious. Saj suggested us the places to visit and made arrangements for backwater cruise. I would definitely recommend this place. Hope I will visit Kochi again, and relive those wonderful moments in Saj Homestay.

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony are very good. We stayed in room number 5 and liked it.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nath_ankur

North West
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Third visit to sajhome, first in October 2011, second in Nov 2012 and third in Feb 2013, first review on here - shame on me! What can I say, welcoming and accommodating - lovely comfortable rooms, tasty authentic kerelan breakfasts or something more familiar from home if that's what you want, always happy to help. In a great location for visiting Fort Cochin and the wider area.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Buderim, Queensland
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Sajhome is a beautiful family run guesthouse in Fort Kochi. Saj himself is omnipresent, ever so helpful and his family are a nice and fun bunch who chip in whenever he is not right there. They help with any of your queries without ever interfering in your own plans.
Their guesthouse - home is very clean, every attention is given to your comfort and needs, it is quite impossible to find cheaper with so much comfort in a very reasonably priced home.
Come or come back like me (3 times so far) and tell them that it's wonderful.
Mariana Amar

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Sir & Madam,

Thank you for your precious time for this post and it is glad to read that you have enjoyed our rooms, hospitality. service, all the travel arragements and homely food.

Hope that you would give me another oppurtunity to serve you again.

Saj m fmly