“An easy stay in kochi”
Review of Sajhome

Sajhome
Ranked #4 of 219 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I had an easy stay at Sajhome. His correspondence leading up to the stay was very clear and i felt confident my small single room would be fine . it was and not at all small for one person. It had a verandah as well. It was very clean and hot water too. Breakfast was very nice and Saj tries hard to sort out your problems and send you in the right direction. I thought the location was great and that alone would encourage me to return.

Room Tip: Make sure you reconfirm before your stay and if you forget the address just remember its near the fe...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
sajhome, Owner at Sajhome, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam, Thank you for your valuable time for this post and I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay, homely breakfast and all the other arrangements

. Hope that you would come back again to Sajhome in future

Cordially Saj

Reviewed February 2, 2013

The trip advisor reviews made us choose this hotel/homestay above all others and we were not disappointed. Right from the moment of our arrival to our departure, we were well cared for. Welcome drinks, breakfasts and tea on request were perfect and healthy. Advice was spot on- from where to eat, to what to see, trips to go on, and where to get some tailoring done... We got brilliant seats to a really good cultural event, and were encouraged to go to the current Biennale art festival in town. Every recommended restaurant was brilliant!
When we forgot all our charger cables for cameras/phones etc, Saj arranged them to be sent to our next hotel. Wonderful service. Faultless over 4 days and nights.
To cap it all, he gave us a personal concert of his very professional singing.
His wife and daughter were a delight too. The small room was kept clean, and the bathroom whilst tiny,was fine. Excellent value for money.
Saj homestay certainly deserves all the accolades and awards it has won, and beats many 5* places hollow. A convenient place to wander around Fort Kochi from with 3 wheeler scooters . Easy walking distance to the Chinese fishing nets, as well as both ferry connection jetties.

sajhome, Manager at Sajhome, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Sir & Madam,

Thank you for your precious time for this post and I am really glad that I could provide few of my services to you and you are impressed and happy with all the arrangements and suggestions for your recent tour in Kerala. Hope that you would come back to Sajhome in future

Reviewed February 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Sajhome for two nights in Jan, 2013 and had a great stay. Saj is a very generous host, helping us plan our stay in Kochi, getting us primo seats for performance we wanted to see (on day of), and always delivering more than promised.

For example, first morning we're there, I'd already finished my breakfast, and my wife asks for some hot chilies to complement our breakfast (Idli and Sambar, plus fresh fruit and fruit juice). Saj asked if anything was wrong with the food, and we commented that we really enjoyed spicy food and thought the food could use a bit more of a kick. Remember, I've already eaten -- it was a good breakfast, but toned down a bit for western palates. So Saj's wife (or their cook) makes us both a whole new batch of Sambar that's much spicier and ends up being the best breakfast of our 3 week trip! Second morning, our food shows up spicy and delicious again -- they definitely remember what you ask for!

Room Tip: Rooms off the street are quieter
sajhome, Owner at Sajhome, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Hope that you would come back to Sajhome in future

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We chose Sajhome based on the tripadvisor reviews, and to be honest we did not get disappointed at all. The location was right in center of Fort Kochi and one can pretty much cover all the attractions by walking. Room was clean, and the Kerala breakfast with fresh pineapple juice was awesome. Saj himself was very open in guiding on what to do, where to go etc. We do hope to come back again in future.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KalyanBh
sajhome, Owner at Sajhome, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Dear Sir & Madam,

Thank you for your precious time for this post and it is glad to read that you have enjoyed our rooms, hospitality. service, all the travel arrangements and homely food.

Hope that you would give me another oppurtunity to serve you again.

Saj m fmly

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We had a wonderful stay in Fort Kochi with Saj/Ali and his family (and friends), staying there for 5 nights. Up front, Saj was very open in saying this is not a 5* luxury spa, which suited us perfectly. We were looking for somewhere more like a homestay, which would be a bit more relaxed, homely, friendly, and good value for money. Sajhome was a perfect fit, and we were very happy with our choice. They offer a wonderful all you can eat brekkie, continually offering more and trying to make sure you have all you could want. The rooms are simply but very effectively decorated, and we personally really liked the homeliness of it.

Things to note: They ask guests to remove shoes at the door, which is fine, and ensures it keeps the interior that bit cleaner. They don't offer food apart from breakfast, but are very helpful in recommending local restaurants, and we had a lovely dinner on the first night based on Saj's suggestion. Sajhome is also a dry establishment, so they ask that you don't drink on the premises. They offer a number of excursions, as well as transfers to/from the airport, which we took them up on, and proved very cost effective. It is based about a 15 minute walk out of the centre of Fort Kochi, which is a very pleasant stroll away, and they have a balcony where you can while time away. The whole of Fort Kochi suffered occasional power cuts while we were there, due to the monsoons, and general state of the slightly scary power lines.

During our time there we booked a number of activities with Saj, including:

- ayurvedic massage at a local hospital - very relaxing, surprisingly thorough(!?!), and a great local experience
- visiting the elephant sanctuary at Kodanad - wonderful!
- a houseboat trip and overnight stay on the backwaters of Kerala - lovely, but I was hoping for more fish/seafood, so was ever so slightly disappointed by the chicken curry (I have to say that this was exactly as advertised, I just didn't read the blurb properly)

All in all, a really pleasant stay, and I would certainly recommend Sajhome as a based in Fort Kochi.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Hope that you would come back to Sajhome in future

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Sajhome is just as amazing as everybody writes!
Our Room was clean, (also according to european standards :-), the one and only time in our whole stay in India housekeeping incl. fresh towels was done every day.
You will get a very professional and personal explaination about what you can visit in the area.
At least the best of the best: THE BREAKFAST!!! - home-cooked Keralastyle food by Saj's wife.
Back home we miss the fresh pinapple juice at morning.
If we ever come to Kochi again we wouldn't stay somewhere else.

sajhome, Owner at Sajhome, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for your valuable time for this input and we are all glad to read that you had a wonderful time at our tiny accommodation.

Hope that you would give another chance to serve you again in future

Saj n fly

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Sajhome is affordable family run homestay.It's clean,comfortable and in easy walking distance to the sights in Fort Cochin. Saj, the proprietor, is very friendly, helpful and professional.His recommendation that I travel to Munnar was excellent. He kept my back pack for me while I was away.Saj arranged an airport pick up and drop off for me as well as a wonderful Ayruvedic massage. I really enjoyed the traditional breakfasts,as they were well prepared and tasty and made a change from the usual egg breakfasts that are offered by many other establishments. My room was simple and comfortable. I highly recommend this homestay to fellow travellers.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo