“Ramakkal... an unexplored beauty....”
Review of WindHaven Resort

WindHaven Resort
Ranked #4 of 30 Specialty Lodging in Idukki
Reviewed March 19, 2012

After going through lots of itineraries for my Kerala Trip, i finalized Wind Haven because there itinerary was a bit different from other service providers. It covered all the places what others had to offer and in addition to that it had a stay at a place where maximum wind blows and there was trekking tooo ;).
The stay at this place was really mesmerizing. The owner of the resort Capt.Noble and the Manager Mini were really nice and courteous.
They really tried their best to make our holiday a great one.
I would specially like to mention and thank their Cook.
Really had one of my best meal's in this resort.
Being a north Indian the cook knew about our taste and all the dishes were made keeping that in mind.
At the end i would say the whole trip organized by Mini was really a Value for Money type of a deal.
Thanks Mini....

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Puneet L
anitamani, Owner at WindHaven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for visiting Ramakkal and enjoying your Kerala trip by staying with us. I am glad that you have enjoyed our food at it's best! I am happy to note that you have enjoyed my husband's (Capt.Noble) company during the stay. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

with warm regards
Anita Mani

Reviewed March 8, 2012

awesome experience, wonderful location, excellent food and what a pleasing,grateful and friendly staff, Miss Mini the Manger and the owner himself sir Capt Noble too.
we reached the hotel by evening, was very tired by long journey.. we were warmly welcomed by the manager n quickly provided with beautiful room.. it was very clean and tidy.
on my request we were provided with the dinner in my room and to that i was not charged any room service.
this place was so relaxing and so peaceful with no hustle of market or vehicles and all. we while having a night walk out in hotel's porch area had an interaction with Mr. Noble he is really a gentle guy he entertain us so nicely told about places to visit the history of Rammakal n we had planned to go for treckking next early morning to the rammakal hill which is famous for Lord Ram's foot print.
we had a great time with a wonderful trecking it was so full of adventurous, wonderful views of tamil nadu border from the top of the hill, he assist us lot he took pics and i really liked him as person so generous ''when he took out his shoes and gave to my wife as she got her slippers broken and feeling trouble to walk over rough area.''
he told us other more exciting spots which we missed as we have to leave by then to Allepey
but we really enjoyed a lot.. and will surely love to visit this place again..
thanks to Miss Mini, Capt Noble and staff for making it more pleasant visit :) :)

Room Tip: rooms with balcony facing the east are awesome.. one can see a wonderful sun rise from between the m...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Simranjeet
anitamani, Owner at WindHaven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the appreciation! we are glad that you enjoyed with a small glance of Ramakkal and will be back to explore the hidden beauty of Ramakkal.
My hubby is a helping person and we believe in giving the best to our guests genuinely.

With warm regards
Mrs.Anita

Reviewed March 6, 2012

A revelation - it has to be one of India's best kept secrets. In a week's tour I spent 3 nights at Wind Haven I completely recommend staying here and suggest it may be worth going direct on arrival into Kerala. The family is very kind and standards are professional, their hotel is spacious, clean, with delicious food, great views and a super tree house. As a single female traveller, tourist hot spots had left me a bit cautious but this area is completely safe, the family so hospitable so I could relax and enjoy a real sense of belonging. Rural, uncommercial, little or no traffic, a gentle pace of life. Captain Noble, Mini and the family here are genuinely warm hearted and will do all they can to make you welcome; they looked after arrangements so it was stress free and showed me some exciting walks - even the 'Tamilnadu Challenge' - from Ramakkal to the temple 1500 feet below (and back!); we had great trips including spice forest-gardens, dawn and dusk views across the plains. The magnificent granite towers begged exploration by climbers - virgin territory! Ridge walks stretching far into the blue distance of the Western Ghat called out for more trekking - it is truly spectacular. We saw grinding holes in the rock and learned of recent ancient discoveries in the area - lots to come back to explore. I completed the week on a houseboat and enjoyed that a lot; I had a super local driver who treated me with great respect and went out of his way to take me to see places in this amazing state. The whole week was great value, flexible to your preferences and I would recommend anyone to go for it.

Room Tip: Cool balcony room for best views; tree house is a real treat for best forest sounds.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank Emily P
anitamani, Owner at WindHaven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

Dear Madam,

Thanks for your review! My hubby told me about you and I missed your company during the exploration of Ramakkal! Surely looking forward to joining you & Rob during the next trip.
I am sure we all can have a gala time soon. I have been missing the English connection since long!

Enjoy your time!

with warm regards,
Anita Mani.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

We had planned our Kerela Trip for 5 days 4 nights, out of which 2 days & 1 night was planned at this Beautiful Resort.

When we arrived at the resort, we were greeted with a smile from each member of the resort (u will never c the member of the resort WITHOUT a smile). The room offered to us was clean, the balcony view was stunning and food was excellent.

Capt. Noble (the owner of the resort) is a great guy to interact with. He was a great help to us, since my baby (7 mths old) was not feeling well, he accompanied us to the hospital and comforted us during that period. We recd some very special favor from him for the medication of my baby.

During my interaction with Capt Noble, I was informed that, I could have planned this Kerela trip thru him and that too at a lower cost.

Truly a memorable visit, and a nice trip……

Room Tip: Suites facing the gate, give a good view of the mountains
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Stanislaus Q

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review! We are very glad that Janice is doing great even though she was not very comfortable with Kerala travel! It is our pleasure and duty to ensure that our guest will get all help when they are in our care as we believe our guests are part of our family.

Once gain thanks for visiting Ramakkal and allthe very best!!

Mrs.Anita Mani. CEO

Reviewed March 1, 2012

We stayed for 4 days at this beautiful location.The views from our balcony were simply stunning.The Owner and his staff could not do enough to make our whole trip to Kerela extremely memorable.Mini-the manager-made all the arrangements for a 7 day trip to that beautiful state including 2 nights on a Backwaters houseboat.Staying at the resort is not like being in a hotel,it is more like a visit to friends,whose sole concern is that you should be happy and experience as much of life in these hills as possible

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Clive H
anitamani, Owner at WindHaven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thanks very much indeed for your review!
I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay at Ramakkal and in our resort.

Best Regards,
Anita Mani,
CEO

Reviewed February 13, 2012

We arrived in the evening after a long but beautifull drive from Cochin airport. Mini and Sagar were waiting to greet us .This hotel is a wonderfull place to stay . In the morning we were woken by wonderfull birdsong(no car noises or hooting) it was bliss.
Mini is a wonderfull warm helpfull inspirational and thoughtfull person (everything people write about her is true) she took time to take us to the Ramakal rock even though she was very busy.
Captain Noble (owner) came to the hotel and spend 4 days and showed us around he is very knowledgable, very helpfull and a great and generous person we are very thankfull for the time he gave us as he is a very busy person.
Anybody who would like to get away from the hustle and bustle and have some wonderfull quiet time you won't be disappointed. Thank you very much to all the staff at Wind Haven you have given us a lovely holiday with wonderfull memories.

Room Tip: Front rooms with balcony with beautifull views
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank alfrida
anitamani, Owner at WindHaven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2012

Good Day Ma'm,

Thanks very much indeed for your appreciation and I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and liked Ramakkal hill station. We look forward to welcoming you again and once again one behalf of Wind Haven family we thank you for the support.

Best regards

Anita Mani
CEO

Reviewed February 9, 2012

A Virgin Destination!

This was my second trip to Kerala and Make My Trip did help me to experience something truly magical this time.

As part of our tour we were booked to stay 2 nights at Wind Haven resort, Ramakkal/Thekkady owned and operated by Capt.Noble Pereira. We reached Ramakkal from Munnar in the afternoon. After having Lunch, we were led by Capt.Noble to the Ramakkal mount in the evening. The trekking through the bamboo forest, bush lands, small rocks and finally a 7 foot cliff gave us an experience of the life time. The view from Lord Ram's mount overlooking the plains of Tamil Nadu was beyond explanation. The magic of the winds up there was truly soothing. Though we do not want to come down, the twilight was the cut off time to leave and our next journey was just about to begin. The sunset view from the Kuravan mount behind the wind farm was another experience and we stayed until dark to see dozens of cities in Tamil Nadu lighting up for the Diwali down under.

Next day morning we are requested to watch the sunrise from our suite's balcony, which was again a mesmerising sight. We proceeded to Thekkady for our scheduled boating and saw some wild bores and deers.

Overall I felt the hype of Thekkady was not worthy as I got much better from Ramakkal.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side with balcony
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank APrakash
Also consider these accommodations in or near Idukki
Hotel Eletaria Resort
Punarjani Resorts
Punarjani Resorts
#2 of 2 in Ramakkalmedu
Kalarickal Heritage Bungalow

Been to WindHaven Resort? Share your experiences!