“A place to visit ,”
Review of Woodway Homestay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chikkamagalur
Woodway Homestay
Ranked #9 of 114 Chikkamagalur B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 26, 2014

With the best hospitality and amazing group , had a great time visiting this place ..
* Every moment spent here was filled with positivity and every little thing they do made so much of a difference ... it is located in one of the best areas , fabulous roads to drive, felt closest to nature and most of all the food was outstanding...
definitely a place i would visit again ...

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Was desperately looking for some time off the hustle and bustle of the city and that is when I discovered Woodway Homestay.. The experience in itself began from the minute I decided to call the host inquiring about the stay. Little did I know that this would turn out to be one of the best holidays I have had.. ever!!

From the hospitality to the food to the feeling of never wanting to get back.. This place has everything one would want and expect from a homestay silently tucked away in serenity of Chkmagalur..

I had my expectations extremely high before I reached there.. but the hosts.. Sushmita and Sreedev along with their support staff managed to exceed it in all aspects..

Cant wait to go back..

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The rooms, the bathrooms.... the hospitality, the food...is JUST awesome I must say... WALKING in the coffee estates was something really exciting ..one can find the various Tress and plants. It is a great place to spend time with family and friends. We had a great time.

.This property has a lot to offer for nature lovers, peace loving people who are tired of life in the metro cities

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2014

For a self-confessed lover of B&Bs, Woodway checks all the boxes. They are authentic all around. The hosts know the local area and are from the place, they are no transplants. The hostess is an excellent chef, yoga instructor and brilliant person. The host is a wildlife activities, full of interesting stories and educated, well researched take on preservation. They are very well traveled, and therefore cued into the needs of fellow travelers. The home is beautiful and thoughtfully decorated, you get a feel for tradition without missing modern amenities.

I recommend you go here, watch the stars at night, wake up and smell the coffee.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I have stayed in a lot of home stays in different locations, but this was the first time i really felt at "Home."" This place was suggested to me by a friend who had a great experience here and trust me it was worth it. Away from city hassles and we felt we are in a totally different world. I couldn't wait till I wrote this review. I was completely mesmerized by the charm of the property and the hosts.

The food served is authentic and tasty with a great sit out area to eat. The rooms are spacious and clean. The coffee estate itself is big and thus the place is very peaceful. Shreedev & Susmitha are one of the wonderful Host I ever meet , very friendly and makes sure you feel at home. The location is also perfect. Its in the hills but still not very far way from the city (in case of an emergency). The rates are in line with the kind of service and stay they provide.

Just a suggestion , I feel the Host needs to organize a work shop for the rest of the homestay owners on how they can improvise their homestays with good hospitality and cleanliness .

You couples ROCK , Will be visiting soon again this monsoon :-)

Room Tip: Hospitality , Friendliness , Food
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 24, 2014

One among the beautiful places i visIted recently :)

Amazing hospitality and the best food,great view,a place to relax
with friends, family,Woodway is one of the places i would definitely come back to and have a good time and also would love to recommend to my friends

Thanks for making our stay Beautiful and Pleasant!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I accidently ran into this place and read some really good reviews so took a chance. I'm usually the kinda guy who plays it safe especially with my accommodation. But i'm so glad I chose woodway for my weekend getaway.... this place is outstanding, an ancestral house updated very tastefully and with eclectic flair. The bathrooms and bedrooms are squeaky clean. I still haven't got to the best part....the FOOD!!! You will be luck if you get this quality of food in your own home. Authentic home cooked Malnad food, I just couldn't stop eating.Great spread and no repeats unlike other homestays I've stayed at.

Sushmitha and Shreedev, the owners add a lot of personal touch with a dash of humor! I felt at home.... cant wait to go back.

MUST VIST!!! Ca

Room Tip: They all have their own charm.... I especially like the rooms facing the dining Hall. Don't m...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family