My husband and I were quite excited for our trip to The Serai, Chikamagalur and we weren't disappointed. The second you see the resort, you actually feel like you've been transported to another land, far far away from the bustling city life! The hotel is set on a 75 acre coffee plantation owned by the Coffee Day Group.
1. Rooms- We reserved a Terrace Villa which is 2 levels. The entrance level being the spacious bedroom and bath ( with a large tub) & the lower level being a family/lounge room connecting outdoors to the gazebo and private pool. There is no lower family room in the Estate Villas, that being the only difference since the size of the bed and bath are the same. Although I would suggest requesting a room which overlooks the estate or one closer to the main resort. The walk up is a "little" far when you have kids/elders. But a buggy service is available.
They do provide an initial complimentary use of the minibar/ non alcoholic of course!
2. Food- The package normally includes all meals. The food was great! A good range of south /north indian with yummy desserts.
3. Service- This is an area in which I would like to compliment the hotel. The staff were affable and always with a smile on their faces. Nothing was ever too much. I noticed the restaurant staff being so attentive towards families with children- rather than scurrying away from the sight of them!!! I think nowadays we tend to forget just how hard the hospitality industry really is- there always will be a disgruntled customer. There are so many fields in which they need to succeed in!!
4. Hotel Services- Besides the large pool, The hotel offers a plantation tour, bicycles, a very cozy gym with great views! They also have a library, 2 play rooms complete with billiards, carrom, table tennis, air hockey and fuze ball to keep the kids busy. They do play movies for groups or you can rent one to watch in your room.
The spa is as good as any in the city. Do try the coffee scrub!
5. Sightseeing- You could visit the largest peak in Karnataka 20km away- Mullayanagiri. The famous temples of Belur and Halibedu are easily accessible either on the way in or out. And of course the famous Gomateshwara statue in Shravanbelagola.
Bottom line- If you are not interested in a trip filled with fast paced, touristy destinations- GO HERE! You will be treated to a peaceful, quiet getaway which will definitely help you unwind. I sure did!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your The Serai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Serai Hotel Chikamagalur
- The Serai India/Karnataka - Chikkamagalur