Have to confess - almost a year since my visit to Serai, but felt its worth writing a review about ...that too with the Indian summer now and lots of ppl planning trips.
Its a luxury resort within a plantation, in fact just at the beginning of the plantation. Located on a slightly hilly area....just after chikmagalur town.
The plus points:
1. The rooms are splendid, with excellent bathrooms. The highlight of each room (all rooms are villas) is the pool/jacuzzi. We had a pool villa ......the family just enjoyed the pool. Its cleaned and well maintained and the outdoor bed/gazebo is excellent for lounging....and the villa has full privacy - for this alone u got to visit this resort.
2. Food could have been better....but wasnt disappointing.
3. Excellent courteous staff - professionally trained.
4. Plantation walk was good -- but have seen better ones.
Few let downs:
1. Lots of concrete in the resort design - could have been better planned to include more greenery in between.
2. The coffee was disappointing - we were expecting strong coffee - that too from a coffee day resort - YES it is a cafe coffee day venture - I have had better coffee in canteens!
TO put it all together - excellent for a 2-3 nights getaway for ALL - families with kids, couples and honeymooners too. I feel the price also is comparable or even more affordable compared to other luxury resorts with these kind of pool villas. If you are driving from nearabouts and saving on the travel - then worth this limited splurging for a great experience
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz and Booking.com so you can book your The Serai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Serai Hotel Chikamagalur
- The Serai India/Karnataka - Chikamagalur