“Nice experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chikamagalur
Eagle Eye Holiday Homes
“Nice experience”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Me and my hubby wanted to spend some quality time with each other on my birthday and the resort was a perfect one.
Everything was nice on hill top, the beauty of nature was awesome. The only drawback there is, no TV if we stay for more than 1 day we start getting boarded.
The food was awesome, the coffee was on the top of the world I was very happy to see they had a arrangement for the drives @ no extra cost.
I would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Sky walk villa , we stayed and was really very good one and was very spacious.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Yes1714

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I visited this resort in last week of July this year. Awesome location. Only issue was with food, as the quality was not so good. Rooms were clean .. had a nice balcony too. Although some parts are still under construction.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank sougata4u
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I feel many of them who had been to Eagle Eye complained about the cleanliness and other aspect of cleanliness. Let me remind all of them, its a western ghat. Even if those who complained if they had to run a homestay like Eagle Eye, it would have been a disaster. They would have struggled to manage the property. Managing a coffee estate is a struggle and with a homestay is challenge. If you wanted a clean, polished excellent service. Please stay at The Serai by CCD. You will enjoy while you pay a bombshell.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank ArunMask
Reviewed October 26, 2012

we were a big group of twenty people ,10 adults and 10 children . all vegetarians we were dissapointed with the menu in the resort .nothing great with ambience as well ,service is bad with no phone connections in the rooms.bathrooms are ok .it is located about 50 kms from chikmagalur and it took us around 2 hours to get there, so sightseeing around there is no use.it is away from most places like kemmangundi and kudremukh . better avoid the place if you have a lot of expections with location and ambience

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank shwe7612

Travelers are raving about these Chikamagalur hotels

Mangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I might have really missed this place if I follow some bad comments about this place.. Some how took a risk and went to this place on 19th oct with family. I was surprised when i saw the place. The scenic beauty is simply just superb. A heaven on earth. Since we had set our mind well in advance that we are not going to stay on a five star hotel and wanted to relax with the nature.. We enjoyed a lot. Of course we have to compromise a little when we are expecting it from the servicing industry. The promoter with his beautiful team struggling heard to keep his guests feel they have come home.... I say its worth it...

Room Tip: If you can afford.. choose Glass house or Duplex Cottage...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nagesh R
Salmiyah, Kuwait
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I made the trip in June 2012 along with another family and two other friends. This was one of those annual trips I make with my friends every year. I did have high hopes from this place, being situated within the Bhadra reserve. But there were a few things about this place which makes every reason for banning resorts close to reserve forests (worse still when they are inside the reserve).

On top of my list is the absolute disregard they had to the natural surroundings. One would expect some peace and quiet within a nature resort and that was not much to expect from this place. It was not to be. Come evening and a bunch of party loving, city slickers who hadn't had enough of bolly wood in their more familiar concrete jungle, could think of no better way to getting used to this alien environment they invited themselves into, than to hitting the dance floor. No problem if they were doing this in a closed, fairly sound proof room. Being nature lovers themselves, they wanted to do this as close to nature as possible under the open skies. They had the party right in the front of the lobby, the spot that is overlooking the hills. Music was deafening and was bothering me inside my room even though I belonged to the same species as them. The resort’s management was very sympathetic to the needs of their revelling guests. The party which went on till late in the night got into a frenzy with howling and screaming as their animal instincts finally took over…but I’m sure that was no comfort to the wildlife around. A wildlife resort ought to have rules on what can be and cannot be done and it was sad to see the management compromising heavily to please the guests for commercial reasons, despite complaints from fellow guests.

Other points worth mentioning,

Safety for kids: Well the railings closer to the lobby/reception from where you get your mountain view is not meant for kids to go anywhere near. No protection whatsoever. They can slip right through and meet earth again about 50 feet later.

Food is ok. You can expect an average buffet spread for your three meals.

Cleanliness: Not too great. Toilets didn’t look too clean. Bed spreads were old. One would expect better for the price they charge.

Positives: Be sure to buy coffee and honey that is on sale at the reception. I picked some up and it turned out to be pretty good.

Most importantly: Be sure to go there with your best pals bcos when I look back it was only being with them that is memorable and apart from the memories of being with my best friends there, I have no take-aways from this place (except for the coffee and honey, that is)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank justin_fm
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Hi,

I'm Naveen from TUMKUR i experienced a very bad service & worst food k ever had in my life time room's are not clean no hot water no proper response from the manager as well as with suppliers

so i recommend you not to visit eagle eye holidays homes

Regards