“Execellent !!!”

Ranked #4,359 of 11,078 Restaurants in Bengaluru
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Richmond Town
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Was on a lesuire trip to bangalore and this place was suggested by one of my friend...The rooms were neatly done and the staff right from front office to the housekeeping were very good and helpful. We had a great time at there reataurant too. They served us nice hot mouthwatering food with superb service.

Keep up the good work guys!!!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I had been there for 2 days stay on 3rd & 4th Jan. Great place to stay, centrally located, great service and food. Would like to thank Mr. Prem for extending courtesy round the clock and helping me with my local tour requirements.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I had stayed here for 3 days....clean room....calm n quiet...very close to city..overall very good..

Reviewed December 2, 2013

The Chancery Hotel is one of the oldest and well known hotels in Bangalore. There is a multi-cuisine restaurant called South Parade which is located just a few steps from the Lobby. The nice thing about this restaurant is that they have a lunch buffet, dinner buffet and the ever popular midnight buffet.

South Parade serves North Indian, Continental and Chinese food. If you are not a fan of buffets, you can opt for A la carte.
I went to South Parade for an office dinner on a weekday. It was not too crowded, but I suggest you book a table because you never know how the crowd will be. There were 8 of us including our client from US who was visiting Bangalore for the first time. He really relished the food at South Parade.

We all headed to the Soup Counter where there were two kinds of soups. One was the vegetarian soup called Veg Clear Soup which many of us enjoyed as the weather is quite cold in Bangalore. The non-vegetarians slurped on the Creamy Chicken Spinach Soup.

These days, people have started becoming health conscious and like to relish on salads instead of the usual fried appetizers. There was a huge list of salads in the buffet at South Parade. They are:

Tossed Salad
Soft Noodles Salad
Grated Carrot Salad
Cabbage Salad with sauce

I really enjoyed the Cabbage Salad as the sauce was quite tangy. There was a Chaat Counter on the other side of the Salad Counter. The items were Fruit Chaat, Dahi Bhalla, Raitha, Curd Rice, Garlic Toast, and a basket of assorted rolls.
Another favorite of everyone that evening was the veg appetizer, Corn Tikki. It was very flavorful and spicy too, and the other bad part was that it was deep fried in too much oil!  The non-vegetarians enjoyed the Murgh Sheek Kabab. The other vegetarian appetizer was the Veg Shashlik which also tasted quite good.

It was time to enjoy the starters and share a few stories. The nice thing about eating out in a group is that you enjoy the company of others plus good food. What a great combination, isn't it?

Just like rice is a staple diet in India, cheese is one item which I can never live without. So when I saw Broccoli with Cheese Sauce, I immediately rushed to get a few helpings for myself. Within a few seconds, everyone else did too. This was another item which everyone truly enjoyed.

The Bow Tie Pasta with Red Sauce and Chilly Flakes was really delicious as it was loaded with chilly flakes. So if you are a pasta fan, don’t miss out on this dish! Along with the pasta, I enjoyed a few slices of Garlic Toast.

Some enjoyed the Okra Salt and Pepper. Yup, that’s the name of the dish. Since it was a dry item you could eat it by itself.
The vegetarian counter comprised on Jeera Pulao, Palak Paneer, Garlic Fried Rice, Mixed Vegetable Curry (Chinese Style), Methi Malai Subzi, Two kinds of Dal and a type of podimas (dry vegetable curry). As my stomach was already full from the other items, I just tasted the Garlic Fried Rice as it looked really delicious. Some of my colleagues enjoyed the soft roti or naan with the subzis.

The Non-Vegetarians had a choice of a fish, chicken, or mutton curry. As always, a roti basket was brought to the table filled with roti, naan and kulcha. Some of us skipped out on the roti basket and devoured the other dishes.

Last but not the least, there was a huge dessert counter filled with yummy and sinful desserts. The only thing was that most of the pastries contained egg. Check out the long list below!

Cut Fruits
Shahi Tukra
Rasgolla
Rabdi
Carrot Halwa

Our guest from US really devoured the Carrot Halwa. We explained to him how it is made and he was really amazed as he hasn't eaten it before. We were happy he got a chance to eat the various delicacies of India.

Overall, we were all very happy with the food, service and ambiance. The tab is quite expensive, but the food was really worth it. I recommend this place to those who love gorging on buffets. This place is ideal for an office lunch/dinner, night out with friends or family night with your loved ones!

Food – 4/5
Ambiance – 5/5
Service – 5/5

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We had a business meeting and the ambiance is best suited for business. The place is centrally located and hence very easy to reach and have a good time. Service is the only issue observed as it took 30 min to get the first drink because there was no soda !!! Food is good.

If Chancery improves service which is the most important thing in hotel industry then it will move up the ladder.