“Well located, but not my first choice”
Review of The Monarch Luxur

The Monarch Luxur
Ranked #23 of 662 Hotels in Bengaluru
Delhi
“Well located, but not my first choice”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The hotel is well located, but on a 1 way road, so if you need to go the other way - its a pretty long trek. The check in is smooth, the Rooms upkeep could have been better- but they are otherwise restful & quite. Don't try to look out of the window !
the complimentary breakfast spred is Ok , But the Ala-carte selection was awful. i had ordered a checken Waldorf salad salad, and I got a plate full of lettuce with a Ton of Salt & a sprinkling of paneer on it. I returned it with a complaint, they took it back, - but had the audacity to charge it to my Bill. the Gym is pathetic, almost nothing works.
All in all, OK - but would not like to stay again, if I could get a booking elsewhere in the same area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Surat, Gujarat, India
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was there for business , and the staff was really helpful. Needed early check in and they agreed at no extra cost. The gym is outdated and unusable, but apart from that foodwise , cleanliness was pretty decent.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Texas
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This hotel has some pluses to it. Generally quiet and the staff is helpful. But, some real negatives. You may not get hot water early in the morning. Have to renew your internet access every day. How silly! Restaurant is below par for all meals. Haven't done any remodeling in a long time so things are dated. Will not accept anything but rupees and credit cards.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kochi (Cochin), India
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed for just one night.
Reached in the afternoon. Very close to Safina Plaza (but dont reach the Plaza since it is a one way from safina plaza to the hotel)
Check in was OK. The staff had my reservation but did not have the rate at which I was to be accommodated for. Had to give them a copy of the email
Room was nice and well equipped.
Location - Good. Walking distance to Brigade Road (takes about ten minutes- with me carrying my younger one).
Two cons -
(a) The bathroom had a lock with key. It got locked (luckily the kids were with me). The staff was prompt and sent two maintenance people. It took them about half an hour to finally break the lock since the keys they had could not open the lock

(b) Breakfast(though part of the deal) was really pathetic.

Wi-fi was complimentary, speed was less than expected. The room price was excessive, considering it is a purely business hotel(no swimming pool or other similar facilities)
The staff allowed us for a late checkout by 1400h.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank schungath
Mumbai
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Was in B'lore for an overnight trip and stayed at The Monarch Luxur.

Friendly staff, good room and decent food. Complimentary Wi-Fi is an added plus.
Had a good experience and would surely recommend to others.

Good value for money. And location wise it's very much within the city.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank sendsanjeev
Leh, India
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Located very close to the MG Road and the Brigade road, this hotel gives you best in hospitality and service. Grant it to the competition from the other hotels in the vicinity, the rooms are reasonably priced and are a good bargain. Rooms are spacious and well stocked. Food is very good. The options of exploring MG road and brigade road, which are a stone throw away distance, for it's restaurants and pubs makes it worth the stay. There's an adequately stocked gym but a good pool could've made it the shining star. Still, it's my personal choice for stay, every time i head for bangalore.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Rishabh_Kalra
Fremont, California
Reviewed January 24, 2013

As the VP of India operation for my company, I visit our 100% owned Bangalore subsidy once every quarter. Our office is on Infantry Road, and so far I tried to stay within walkable distance from the office because Bangalore traffic is a nuisance. Having got tired of those hotels, this time I ventured a little bit further away and stayed in Monarch Luxur. I asked the hotel to arrange a daily pickup and drop-off from the office.

Those intimately familiar with Bangalore will probably recognize if I say Monarch is right after what seems like a nearly endless array of furniture stores on Infantry Road. The hotel is well decorated and the amenities are nice. My room was quite spacious and had a nice desk also that I used for my work. The AC didn't have an auto shutoff in my room, which was a bit of a bother. But to my utter surprise, Bangalore in January was almost as warm as a California summer, so the AC was on the whole night and I didn't have to go and turn it off!

When I come back from office, it is usually late and I am exhausted as well as jet-lagged. So my dinner was exclusively room service. Hotel's room service food is quite tasty and very reasonably priced (unlike another place that I stayed in Bangalore where once I had a plate of Biriyani for 1000 Rs!) However, if one does get tired of room service, Monarch Luxur is right next to what I consider one of the best restaurants in Bangalore and that's Samarkhand. And next to Samarkhand is one of the best beer joints in Bangalore. So, Monarch Luxur has an almost perfect location.

I enjoyed the breakfast buffet every day. Both food and service were very good.

My experience was quite good and I am looking forward to my next stay there.

Room Tip: I think there is not much to choose between. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner buffets are served in the l...