“Best in Budget Hotel”
Review of The Monarch Luxur

The Monarch Luxur
Ranked #9 of 670 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Usually when I visit Bangalore I try and stay around the MG Road area, which is the business hub of the city. I have tried several hotels in this area but in my last trip I stayed at The Monarch - it turned out to be the best in budget hotel I have ever stayed - amazingly comfortable rooms, crystal clean, well maintained, very good staff and most of all great food. Especially their morning buffet breakfast is a real treat with a mix of South Indian and continental food and to top it all the spread has over 10 different choices for you to make. I think for the monies spent this is definitely a great treat - I would strongly recommend to stay at The Monarch for its excellent location, great shopping locality, hospitality & food.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better to avoid some traffic noise, especially in the night.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed June 30, 2011

We stayed for two nights and we had a wonderful time staying with you.Room was clean and comfortable, food was also delicious but the service was little bit slow.All the staff are very friendly and that makes me more comfortable ,I really appreciated.We will definitely come back again.Thank You for your great service

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2011

I've been in this hotel for almost a week, and I've come to really like it. I arrived at 1:30 in the morning and there were three staff at the front desk who took good care of me and got me set up with my Internet key right away.

The service is very prompt and helpful - a matter of seconds from when I call the front desk to when someone arrives in my room - which is unusual in India.

The room service is fast, the food is good, and the prices the same as local restaurants. The only thing is that the very extensive room service menu is a joke. It sounds great, but they only actually have about a quarter of what is listed on the menu available. And one day I ordered "roast lamb with mint sauce" only to receive lamb in a spicy gravy. No mint sauce in sight.

The rooms are incredibly clean by Indian standards.

Overall it’s a great experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the noisy street
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 24, 2011

I have stayed twice at this hotel with my partner, the most recent visit being in january 2011. The Hotel has a lovely ambience. It is quiet, non-interfering but very friendly staff. Very accomodating too.
The breakfast spread is awesome. Includes options from North-Indian, South-Indian as well as a full English Breakfast. The food preparation was good and nice presented as well.
The Rooms are neat and clean. The first time we stayed there, the room was large and spacious. The second time we got a smaller room allotted, but when asked to shift us elsewhere, the staff was more than accomodating.
The Rooms have all the necessary furnishing- King size bed, side-tables, a proper work table with chair, armchairs and coffee-table to have your meal, flat-screen TV, good Air Conditioning system, hot water for 24 hrs, hair-dryer (which is a very good thing for ladies, you dont have to pack in your own!)
The hotel corridors are spacious and well-lit (I hate dark lobbies which look like dark alleys!!). There are conference halls and meeting rooms on the top floors.
The room service is excellent. They even iron your clothes and bring them back (albeit it takes a little longer than you would take to iron it yourself)
The hotel is within a stone's throw distance of the famour MG Road in Bangalore, also Brigade road and the UB City mall are close by. There are other places to shop around such as the Commercial street and Safina Plaza (which had good exhibitions). It is quite in the centre of the city and well-connected. You can always book a cab or simply take a rick to reach these places.
All in all, money's worth stay !
Would definitely recommend you to go there.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AnuBho
Reviewed March 13, 2011

Although I went on a Business Trip, But I found this Hotel to be Expensive compared to other Hotels with similar standards.

I think the Hotel is Elegant, The Staff & the Ambience is good. Rooms are very clean & tidy.

I strongly recommend this hotel if budget is not a constraint.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2010

A low profile, inconspicuous hotel that is centrally located and provides great value for money.

Clean rooms, efficient service and great food are the hallmarks of this hotel.

Close to the city centre and the cricket stadium. Within walking distance of the famous Commercial Street, Brigade Road and M. G. Road shopping areas where you find the best of food, pubs and night life.

Retire to the quiteness of the hotel room.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Hanifda
Reviewed October 8, 2010

This was my first time in Monarch Luxur. I stayed there for 3 nights. The staff was well-trained and the service was quick. The decor was quite nice too. The bathroom was luxurious but some plumber had done a real sloppy job of applying the sealant.

The food was the MOST terrible I have ever had in a hotel of this quality. Much cheaper hotels have much better food. And the worst meal of the day was the buffet breakfast. Everything was extremely oily / undercooked / over-fried / over-spiced / tasteless or a combination of all these. As usual, no salt or pepper came out of the shakers.

As in all Indian hotels, the hotel soap bar was packed in such a way that it could not be opened till I applied my teeth to it. Don't they know that NONE of the various excellent brands of toilet soaps available in the market for consumer use are NOT packed in double-sealed airtight cling-film packaging?

If they would only substantially improve their food, this would be a great place to stay in.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business