“As authentic as it gets”
Review of The Fatty Bao

The Fatty Bao
Reserve a Table
eazydiner
Ranked #55 of 11,860 Restaurants in Bengaluru
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Indiranagar
Reviewed May 8, 2019 via mobile

One of the best Asian restaurants in town! Its a quaint little place located at the heart of the famous 12th main road, Indiranagar.
I go there mainly for their baos - phenomenal! My favourite being the teriyaki glazed chicken bao. Among sushi rolls, I liked the crab meat and tobiko. The green mango and papaya salad is just perfection. The heat from the chillis and the sweetness of the honey makes a perfectly balanced taste. Among the ramens, I like the chasu. Once had this cocktail here, can't remember the name, but it had sambuca in it and it was one of the deadliest cocktails I've ever had! Highly recommended.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

I am not a big fan of Chinese food. But my wife loves it. She had heard of this place from a friend and we decided to go there.
The place is quite small, and not really visible from far.
We ordered some baos, a bowl of ramen for my wife, and honey-glazed pork ribs for me.
The baos were soft and fluffy and melt-in-your mouth delicious. The ramen was hearty and umami just like a bowl of ramen ought to be. But best of all, the ribs were absolutely sinfully delucious.
I would recommend this place to everyone who visits or resides un bangalore.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed April 26, 2019

We ordered 4 dishes here. Starting with hospitality. The wait staff are very polite and serve you well. We can also explain them of the level of spiciness and sweetness in the food and they take care that the preparation is according to the taste. First, we ordered was a Tofu and Cheese Bao. The first time we experience what the Bao is. I personally felt it like paayaram served with Tomato Chutney But the same was very tasty.. Next we ordered Noodles and Veg fried rice to not to risk our understanding of the items. The fried rice was good and the noodle was okay. the Vegetable Sir Fry gravy was very sweet. We requested it to make it spicy, they made it but it did not taste good. The quantity served it huge and the overall experience was nice.

Reviewed April 22, 2019

Modest but cheerful interiors, colourful crockery, warm and smiling stewards, a menu with a wide variety of items making each meal completely different from the previous one, and delicious food and great service....and above all-an extremely charming and gracious manager Mr.Chandrashekhar!!
All of the above proved to be an attractive combo and we went there each day for the three days that we were there.

Reviewed April 19, 2019 via mobile

Had heard so much about it that I decided to try it out with a friend after a movie outing in town. We weren't all that hungry so didn't eat much but the bill came to nearly approx 2200/- Yes, 2 Sangria's is what pushed the price up n they weren't all that great. The restaurant is at 2 floors, if you want to drink then the terrace portion is where you have to go as the 3rd floor serves only Sangria's as alcoholic beverages The place is famous for it's boa as the name of the restaurant goes n that is soft as it should be. Each plate serves two pieces. The ambience is nice but too casual for the price n quantity served. I would definitely wanna go to a better place if I wanna spend as much n that's my take on that.