“Uneventfull Buisness visit of 4 days” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dr. Rajkumar International

Dr. Rajkumar International
Ranked #395 of 649 Hotels in Bengaluru
Kochi (Cochin), India
“Uneventfull Buisness visit of 4 days”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Being Close to my office (it shares the boundary wall) i was shifted to this hotel with my team lead after 8 days stay at a domlur travel quarters . One thing you got to remember , theres a complimentary breakfast buffet . Though not much to offer , we missed it one day and dined in the MTR hotel nearby which struck us dearly on our pockets . MTR hotel is good but prices are a little Higher than i am comfortable with , a vada costs 25 Rs/-.

The rooms at Rajkumar are a little small , the twin shared bedroom's toilet and all are a little small and not sufficient as per my standards. The 24 hr check in and check out thing is a distinct stand out feature of the hotel. The Hallways are narrow , they have utilized the spaces too well , u feel a little claustrophobic. They cant improve on that :-( so no spacey rooms.
But overall it was good for the few days i stayed there..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank GreyAmigo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

The hotel is conveniently place close to the heart of Majestic and away from the hustle & bustle of city traffic. It is located close to the well known restaurant MTR, where many locals visit for their morning breakfast. Being a lone traveller, the rooms were quite spacious, however being in the heart of the city, only you get the views of nearby buildings only.
The hotel offers free breakfast, which serves southern delicacies and seasonal fruit juices.
The choice of menu for dinner is very limited and it could do better to increase the items on the menu.
Alcohol beverages are not served at the hotel, but you can get it from the shop across the street.
It is just around 20 minutes from M.G. Road.
All in all a good place for a couple of days work visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank EdelbertCoutinho
Kannur
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

We checked in on 9th february 2013,at 5 am. Conveniently located being near to Majestic.
Checking in was smooth and fast. Lift and corridors look too congested and old fashioned. Room was clean, but small. Toilet was clean and tidy,but wet area was too small. Room service was OK, they are friendly, but not very good in English..that was frustrating. Menu doesn't offer much diversity..and are slightly overpriced.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are very small.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ManuMathew
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

We stayed here on 10th Jan 2012, after flying in from the UK, we arrived via taxi at around 10.45am. The exterior of the building looks slightly out of place in the surroundings, being neat and clean, with a security guard at the entrance. We were greeted very warmly by the staff, check in was quick and we were given a refreshing drink of melon juice, we were asked if we would like breakfast to which we replied "yes please" but then were told the kitchen had closed, but the porter said he would fetch us some from over the road, he then showed us to our room.

The room was clean, as were the ensuite facilities, the aircon worked, no fault found at all. Witihin 5-10 mins the porter was back with tea, toast and omlette, when we asked how much we owed, we were told it was complimentary, it seems the kitchen wasn't closed to weary travellers after all!

After a very welcome breakfast we had a couple of hours sleep in the comfortable bed and then went out to explore Bangalore, upon return to the hotel, we ordered room service, the food and drinks arrived promptly, the food was excellent and at no extra cost fron the restaurant prices. We asked reception to book us a taxi for the following morning due to our early train, which was greetd with polite assurance.

We had a reasonable nights sleep, the noise was minimal, when taking into account the fact of the traffic in a typical Indian city!

The following morning we checked out at 5.30am, check out was smooth, no problems and the hotel car arrived on time to whisk us away to the station. All in all an excellent stay, and we will definitely stay there again when we return to Bangalore.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Karen S
World-wide Traveller
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2012

OK, I am used to 4 or 5 stars hotels, but I can appreciate a decent 3 stars when I stay and sleep in those: facilities can be limited and rooms can be small, but they should boast decent bed, clean sheets, good windows, and be welcoming.
Nothing of that with this hotel. The cherry on the pie is that, read carefully: you cannot close windows! there is no handle. Staff showed me that "yes yes, you see we can close the window"... by pulling them, but they leave air and all the noise from the street flowing inside. The 3 rooms I have checked are like that! Of course, free internet was not working.
I staid there 5 years ago for 1 night, and it was acceptable, but since then it is clear that the great actor who owns this hotel has not invested a penny in renovation or replacing bed sheets and is not keen to share his glamor with the poor guests who trust his name. After a few hours, I was happy that my business contact in Bangalore took me out to another hotel.
Can be categorized as one of the top 5 worst hotels I ever put foot in. Go there at your own perils.
The whole atmosphere is seedy and run down....

Room Tip: Executive means nothing, Suites are also dirty, and all rooms are noisy.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank JeanLouisV

Travelers are raving about these Bengaluru hotels

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

I stayed there for 15 days , along with 6 of my staff members. Hotel was very good and breakfast buffet was awesome.The rooms were too dark and sound prof , i enjoyed a sound sleep there and was fresh in the morning for my work . It was nearby to Lal bagh . Overall experience was good.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Nisha104
Pune, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

The hotel is located in a crowded area like the review below this one has mentioned but I was okay with it for I had to visit the areas nearby. The hotel is clean and has friendly staff. I called them at 10:45 pm as my flight was delayed and I was informed that their restaurant shuts at 10:30 pm but they still arranged a meal for me at 11:30 pm when I reached the hotel (I guess because I had called them earlier). Food was great and the hotel was quite enough for me to have a good sleep. But the next morning I was in for a shock. The night earlier the receptionist had told me the breakfast is till 10:30 am. But when i reached the restaurant at 10 i was told the breakfast is over because its only till 10 am. I assumed it was my mistake but later 3-4 people came in after me saying the same thing. But they still offered us breakfast (though a very limited one). The food was good so the goof up on their part was soon forgotten. I liked their 24 hour check out for I had checked in at 11:30 pm the previous night.
To wrap up things you should choose this hotel for its 1. Location 2. Food 3. Friendly staff and 4. Clean rooms. (But only if you are staying for a short duration)
The only negative thing i have to say about this hotel is that they could not offer me the hotel cab when i needed it because the driver was not reachable.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business