“A cozy boutiquish property”

Hyatt Bangalore MG Road
Ranked #101 of 726 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed April 4, 2014

A 140 room property with a well spaced outcoffee shop/pool facing terrace.
Friendly and efficient staff at the 24hour cafe,airy and bright....the best partofthehotel.

Decent spread of breakfast buffet, wellprepared south indian dishes..

The rooms are reallysmall..good quality toiletries and well appointed rooms.

A very decent gym with free weights and a few machines.
The terrace loungeon the 4th floor is a cozy bar..
Bar staff Mr Manish and Mr, Sriram are friendly.

A personal vote of appreciation to Mr Anil at the gym...discrete and yet very helpful in offering assistance. He helpedme stretch/ warm down post workout.

I also found mr Rithwick at the front office to be very helpful and smiling.
Business centre associates were friendly as well...surprising that the biz centre was faced with printer issus on both printers at thesametime..... This aspect needs more care...back up etc....

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Vish L
Madhav S, General Manager at Hyatt Bangalore MG Road, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore MG Road!

I am delighted to read your review on Trip Advisor. Thank you for your words of appreciation for the quality of food and services in the hotel. I glad that you enjoyed breakfast at our poolside international restaurant Lido.

I would also like to thank you for your appreciation of our associates and assure you that the feedback has been shared with them and the concerned department heads. We have also made a special note of the concern highlighted in the business center.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Bangalore.

Madhav Sehgal,
General Manager, Hyatt Bangalore MG Road.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed here for 2 weeks in February 2014. Super clean, Amazing staff very accommodating and excellent room service menu - fast service.

The only down side was the wifi it was not very good and I had the router put in my room and still could not get very good speeds. My colleague had no trouble at all so maybe it was just my floor.

Room Tip: If you want good wifi you should choose a lower level floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Madhav S, General Manager at Hyatt Bangalore MG Road, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore MG Road!

We would like to thank you for the encouraging feedback on our staff and service levels. At Hyatt Bangalore MG Road we strive to provide authentic hospitality and leave no stone unturned to provide a high level of personalized service.

We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you regarding the internet and are pleased to share with you that we have completed the installation of world class internet systems in the hotel. The new systems allow you to use up to six devices per room for friction free internet and each of our rooms have a router to ensure consistent and uninterrupted connectivity.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and experiencing our hospitality once again.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Hi stayed in this hotel last night and checked out this morning (March 21, 2014).
The hotel is located at the prime area of Bangalore. Lobby is too small to meet Hyatt standards. Rooms are cramped and so is the bathroom.
Check in and check out was quick and smooth. Breakfast was good. They served me pretty well.
I feel this property is a bit overpriced for what it offers.

2  Thank Ginnii_66

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore MG Road!

At the outset thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our location is one of our key strengths as a business hotel located in the central business district of Bangalore. Thank you for appreciating the services in the hotel especially the front desk. I will ensure this feedback is shared with them. Time is of the essence for today’s business traveler and our team is committed to ensuring a smooth arrival and departure experience for all our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Hyatt Bangalore MG Road on your next visit to the city.

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is only hype. Please do not get fooled with the brand name. The same hotel was available for half the price with its earstwhile brand.

The rooms are too small sufficient for only one occupant. It is absolute waste of money to stay in this place. The service is horrible. Avoid staying here.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ranjalashwin

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore MG Road!

Thank you for your review and feedback. At Hyatt Bangalore MG Road we strive to provide authentic hospitality to all our guests and I am disappointed that we did not met your expectations during your last stay.

I request you to not let this incident mar your impression of the hotel and please contact me directly for any travels that you might have to the Garden city of Bangalore. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I'm in the midst of a month staying at the Hyatt on the MG Road in Bangalore. Nothing but praise for this really great hotel. And it's the staff that make it. The facilities are standard for a 5 star - good pool and comfortable loungers from where you can watch more birds of prey than I have seen in a lifetime (Crested Serpent Eagles, Honey Buzzards, Black Kites, Brahminy Kites and lots more - they all nest opposite the hotel).

But it is the staff here that make this hotel go from good to excellent. The epitome of professionalism. They are attentive, and genuinely want to make your stay truly memorable. I'm here on business but I like it so much I'm coming back with my wife at the end of the month for a night. The rooms are very comfortable and well equipped without pointless gadgets, the food is amazing (the Head Chef left cheesecake and truffles with a passion fruit coulis in my room when I got back in last night). Now that's worth making a trip for!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore MG Road!

I am delighted to read your review on Trip Advisor. I am also happy to know that you enjoyed the breakfast, amenities and the authentic service provided by the associates. I will surely share your motivating feedback with the team.

For more updates and offers you can log on to our Facebook page - Hyatt Bangalore MG Road.

We look forward to welcoming you and your wife at Hyatt Bangalore!

Madhav Sehgal,
General Manager, Hyatt Bangalore MG Road.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

great for business stays, good service, great diner. breakfast could be a bit beter...
fitness center is a bit poor with some brokendown elements and TV's were out of order.
overall a good night's sleep with a quick and friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Madhav S, General Manager at Hyatt Bangalore MG Road, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am happy to read your kind comments regarding our service and associates. I will surely share your feedback with the team.

My apologies for the inconvenience caused at the fitness center, please know that the matter you have brought up has been addressed

I hope you will allow us the privilege to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Was here for a night on a business trip and was sorely disappointed on many counts. Rooms are the smallest compared to other hotels on MG Road. Service for breakfast is disappointing. When I walked in for breakfast, I was asked if I needed something hot - dosas, parathas etc. I replied that a Masala Dosa would be good. While the Masala Dosa did not arrive for 15 minutes, I had 3 waiters coming and asking me the same question - Do I want something hot - dosas, parathas etc. Ditto for tea. On checking out I hand over the room card to the guy on the desk. He gladly accepts it and wishes me goodbye only to rush back to me on the porch when I am waiting for my car to arrive. He apologizes and tells me that he wasn't aware that I am checking out. So my suggestion to fellow travelers is to avoid this hotel and look for other options on MG Road.

1  Thank parikh_suchit
Madhav S, General Manager at Hyatt Bangalore MG Road, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore.

At the onset thank you for taking time out to share your feedback with us.

We take a lot of pride in our products and services and our endeavor is to consistently provide authentic hospitality I am disappointed that we have not achieved this during your previous stay. Your feedback has been shared with the leadership team in the hotel and I request you to not let this visit mar your impression of Hyatt Bangalore and its services.

In the event that you have a travel for yourself or any friends and family coming to Bangalore please do contact me directly for the reservations. Our team is keen to showcase the authentic hospitality it is known for and we are confident of not only meeting but exceeding expectations.