“Fantastic hotel in the heart of the city”

Hyatt Bangalore MG Road
Ranked #99 of 695 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I'm stayed at the Bangalore Hyatt for weeks at a time for work and refuse to stay anywhere else.

The staff is extremely attentive and helpful. They've accommodated me graciously in so many ways...when I've been sick by picking up medication, when I've traveled outside of Bangalore (held my bags and dropped them off in between flights at the airport), altered the menu to my liking when i was feeling homesick, etc etc The hotel staff (Soumyadip, Madhavi, Kunal, Deepak) are exceptional and really go out of their way to make me feel welcome when I'm away from home.

The location is fantastic (very central). A few meters from 1 MG Road Mall which houses a few great restaurants and an upscale grocery stores (helpful for buying imported foods and drinks). Also very close to key neighborhoods like Indiranagar, UB City, Brigade Road, Commercial Street, etc.

Spa - although small in size, the ladies at the spa are great. The prices are also very reasonable for being able to walk right in from your hotel room.

Gym - 24 hours!

Food - given the city's "curfew", it's nice to have a restaurant open until 2 am. The food is pretty good at Lido. The other two (Pink Poppadom and Liquid Lounge) are great for food and drinks as well.

Looking forward to my next trip.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Madhav S, General Manager at Hyatt Bangalore MG Road, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore!

I will share your encouraging words with the team, especially with Soumyadip, Madhavi, Kunal, Deepak, who will be honored to know that they made a difference during your stay by providing authentic hospitality that Hyatt Bangalore is known for. Also thank you for kind words about our Spa associates and the chefs who specially crafted the menu for you during your stay.

We look forward to host you again at Hyatt Bangalore MG Road.

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel many times but not for 3 years and on this visit my wife accompanied me.

Whilst there were a few staff who I knew the standard remains good, one or two minor mishaps but overall very helpful.
Would I stay here again ? Yes without a doubt

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Madhav S, General Manager at Hyatt Bangalore MG Road, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore MG Road!

At the onset I thank you for sharing your feedback with us. While I am
happy to receive the positive comments about the hotel staff, I would also like to apologize for any kind of inconvenience caused during your stay at Hyatt Bangalore MG Road.

I request you to contact me directly for any reservations for yourself or friends and family travelling to Bangalore.

We look forward to welcome you back at Hyatt Bangalore MG Road!

Madhav Sehgal,
General Manager, Hyatt Bangalore MG Road.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I have conducted multiple workshops in Hyatt in Bangalore, the conference halls are fully equipped with resources, internet connectivity is great and super fast. Staff is very prompt and great overall ambience of the rooms.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Madhav S, General Manager at Hyatt Bangalore MG Road, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Megha,

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore!

I am delighted to hear such kind words about our conference hall, and we really appreciate you for taking time out to write a review on Trip Advisor.

I will definitely share your generous feedback with the team. Looking forward to host many more events with you at Hyatt Bangalore.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

It is rather difficult when one is in a business trip in India and tries to find the good compromise between indian culture and international standards. After staying in several places in India, I thought that the association was impossible until I stayed on Hyatt Bangalore MG Road. They are really outstanding. Desk clerks speaking several languages, spacious room with several welcome amenities, great swimming pool, delicious restaurants and finally, strategic location (near the metro, mall; etc.). This hotel is a kind of oasis after a busy day of working.

Room Tip: Rooms with "balcony" in fact have their own private garden.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore!

Firstly thank you for choosing to stay with us and for writing the review on TripAdvisor. We are glad to know that you had a wonderful experience at Hyatt Bangalore and we were able to deliver the Hyatt experience that we pride ourselves on. Thank you for your kind words about our hotel especially our restaurant, amenities and our location- which has always been one of our greatest strength.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Stayed in Hyatt Bangalore MG Road for 2 Nights in Feb 2014.
This is a fairly new property and had a very convenient location - in MG Road, near Trinity Circle. Hyatt Bangalore does not have an impressive facadé. The lobby is also not very impressive. But the staff make up for those minor drawbacks.
Check-in was a breeze and in no time we were whisked to our room in the 8th floor. The view from the room is nothing to write home about.
Room is very small for a 5 Star standard. The twin bed had good, comfortable mattress and choice of pillows. There was a good choice of Tea sachets in addition to the standard Coffee sachets.
Toilet was stylishly done up with wash basin & counter of Glass. The Shower stall was fully segregated by a sliding door. Health Faucet is a necessity, but was missing.
The choice of TV channels was limited and there were many popular channels missing.
We had our dinner in the Indian restaurant "Pink Poppadom" in the 4th floor. The food was very tasty, but the choice again is limited, esp for Vegetarians.
There are 2 Malls adjacent to Hyatt - Lido (right next door) and 1 MG Road, after that. There are good restaurants available in these Malls, in case a different dining experience is needed.
Breakfast in the All-day dining restaurant "Lido" was very good. The choice, the decor, ambience were all excellent.
Hyatt Bangalore is designed with foreign guests in mind. Hope they modify a bit for the Indian guests also.
A big plus point for Hyatt Bangalore is their Efficient, courteous and friendly staff, right from the valet parking attendants to the House-keeping staff.
Overall a happy experience staying in Hyatt.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Madhav S, General Manager at Hyatt Bangalore MG Road, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore MG Road!

Thank you for taking time out to write about your recent stay with us and for your valuable feedback.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed the facilities and the convenient location. I am also delighted to read your kind comments regarding our associates. I will surely share your positive feedback with them.

Thank you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Bangalore MG Road in the near future.

Madhav Sehgal,

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I checked in on 22nd. Jan on a business trip but while going through the baggage screen the handle of my bag got broken. I had a full day ahead on 23rd. and just checked if hotel can repair the handle. While I was in a meeting in the city, one hotel staff, Kushal called up to inquire if he needs to help. I told him that bag is in my room and is full of its contents. But I'm ok if he can take responsibility and get it repaired. Kushal took complete ownership and got my bag repaired. He unpacked the bag, laid out the contents neatly, brought down the bag and through the valet got it repaired from outside. These are types of service which make you go back to a hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Siddhartha G
Madhav S, General Manager at Hyatt Bangalore MG Road, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

At the outset I thank you for writing your feedback on Tripadvisor.

It gives me immense pleasure to read your review about Hyatt Bangalore and the level of service being provided by our associates. I will share your encouraging words with the team, especially with Kushal, who will be honored to know that he made a difference during your stay by providing authentic hospitality that Hyatt Bangalore is known for.

Once again thank you and we are looking forward to welcome you back to Hyatt Bangalore MG Road.

Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel over New Year's Eve and it was a lot of fun! They had two parties going on, I attended a dinner party by the pool. The hotel sits in a central location! There is a mall right around the corner and it's on mg road which is a great shopping area! The rooms are a bit small but they are very nice and have cute showers! The staff was very kind and helpful to me which I was very appreciative of. I would recommend getting bed and breakfast, I thought it was a good deal plus it's really enjoyable to have breakfast in their open restaurant by the pool.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank mohasop
Madhav S, General Manager at Hyatt Bangalore MG Road, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback about Hyatt Bangalore MG Road.

I am happy to read that you had a pleasant experience during your stay and I will definitely share your generous feedback with the team.

For more offers on our products and services you can check our page on facebook – Hyatt Bangalore MG Road.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Bangalore.

General Manager Hyatt Bangalore