“Excellent in all aspects” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Bangalore MG Road

Hyatt Bangalore MG Road
Ranked #77 of 649 Hotels in Bengaluru
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Excellent in all aspects”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

Formally known as Ista, this hotel has kept up its name for both Ista and Hyatt. I give it a 10/10 in every aspect. We stayed here for 3 nights and dint have a single complain. They have very good food, a very clean and temperature controlled swimming pool, and their rooms are also very well maintained.
The staff is very kind and helpful and the service is top notch.
Coming to the location, it is right dead center of the M.G road. You will find a theater, TGI Fridays, Barbecue Nation and Big Bazaar (in case you need any utilities) at a 100 meters walking distance.
It is definitely worth the price of the room which is actually not that much.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Madhav S, General Manager at Hyatt Bangalore MG Road, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to share your views about Hyatt Bangalore M.G Road.

It is our endeavor to ensure that our guests enjoy the authentic hospitality during their stay at Hyatt. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast at Lido-our award winning pool side restaurant. As truly said, our strength lies in our strategic location and courteous staff.

I will definitely share your positive feedback with the team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the city

General Manager, Hyatt Bangalore MG Road.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

First time staying in this hotel even though i have been to Bangalore multiple occasions. The location of the hotel is good since it's smacked right in the centre of activity.

Surprised to see the lobby with two chairs only. Many business pick ups and discussions happened in lobby. Hyatt needs to reconsider this if it wants to position itself as a business hotel. When I checked in at 5pm, I had to wait for 30 mins as the room was not ready. Not a good start for first impression.

Was taken surprise by the size of the room. Didn't see that coming from a Hyatt hotel. The bathroom is almost claustrophobic. It's tiny even for one person. Aside from that, technology in the room is decent - alarm clock, tv, safe, etc. Hyatt offered choice of free snacks each day. Ordered chocolates but never came. Can't be bothered to follow up on it. Housekeeping is decent as with any other hotel.

Dining area was nice with tables by the pool. Ambience was nice and good was good. Breakfast selection is limited though. Nice thing about the area is that it opens till 2am to satisfy any good catch up. By the way, no alcohols can be served in Bangalore after 11pm.

Don't bother with the spa though. Was informed that there are only four types of service available. Considering this is a business hotel, having more services may be ideal. Massage/ spa is something to look forward to after a long day of meetings.

All in all, ok hotel. Not impressed but not that underwhelming.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore MG Road and thank you for your review.

Our hotel is specifically designed for today’s business travelers and every attempt is made to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay. The central location of the hotel is indeed one of its major USPs. Among the seven brands under Hyatt portfolio, Hyatt Bangalore MG Road is branded as business hotel category which is designed for business travelers.

My apologies that you had to wait for 30mins for check in, please note this is not a standard practice and we make sure that the room is ready before the guest arrival. However, kindly take this as an exception and not a standard to judge our services.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your breakfast at Lido. Your feedback regarding the Spa is taken and we will work on the points mentioned.

I hope that this experience will not mar your viewpoint towards Hyatt Bangalore MG Road and would request you to give us another opportunity to showcase the authentic hospitality that Hyatt hotels are synonymous for.

coimbatore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

The hotel location is great on MG road. The room service food was good. The staff was courteous and helpful. The only thing I would point out as a negative was the size of room. The room was very small and had very little space for luggage. For a couple or family it would be too tight.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Hyatt has seven different brands in its portfolio of which Hyatt Bangalore MG Road is a business hotel with the advantage of being located in close proximity to key business areas in the city. It is our endeavor to ensure that the guests enjoy the authentic hospitality during their stay at Hyatt. I will definitely share your feedback with the team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the city

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stayed at Hyatt MG Road over eight different times this year. My stays were very comfortable, the staff is always attentive and friendly. With the management change from ISTA to Hyatt is almost over, the atmosphere and the energy of the hotel has really picked up as well as the occupancy level. If you want to reserve a room, you gotta act fast as it is great value for money.

Room Tip: I like the room that face the terrace or the lake. They are quiet and the terrace facing ones are lo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Madhav S, General Manager at Hyatt Bangalore MG Road, responded to this review, December 9, 2013

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore MG Road and thank you for your review.

It is a pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed all your stays with us this year. Our hotel is specifically designed for today’s business travelers and every attempt is made to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay and the central location of the hotel is indeed one of its major USPs. Our endeavor is to not only meet but exceed guest expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Bangalore during your next visit to the city.

Aluva, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Usually prefer staying with the Taj wherever i go, but got a deal with Hyatt from yatra.com, and hence there i was. Had read not so good reviews on this website, i was not sure what to expect. But one thing i knew was that you couldn't get a better location than this. Shopping or business, you will never be far if you stay at MG Road, and Hyatt is the newest entrant into the list of hotels already here or the parallel residency road.
Walking into the hotel, we were greeted with smiling faces right from the security check, check in was a breeze, though we had to wait a while for them to get our rooms,confirmed from the website(my bad, i didn't ve a print out, and then i had to mail it to the hotel). We were given a city facing room on the seventh floor. Rooms were the surprise. It was pretty small , and made to look even smaller with a weird floor plan not seen in hotels. But it was comfortable, befside remote kind of machine which showed world time, where you could set alarms, control the lights and the air conditioner. Bsthroom was pretty crowded but not bad. A complimentary menu of about 8 snacks of which we could pick one a day was also there. We ordered one,but it actually took an hour to arrive.
Housekeeping was impeccable, comin even twice or thrice a day and cleaning up.
but another service problem we had was when we arrived quiet late in the night and the valet was not there. Actually they were around,yet they asked me to go umto their basement car park on my own. Wouldn't be been bothered,but they don't even have a lift from the car park and i had to run in the rain to get to back to the lobby. Terribly bad service, its after all a five star property,and they don't ve a good parking area,and they do ve vakers,and yet i had to go through that.
the corridors were stuffy and smelled weird. Wrong decision, hyatt, to not air condition the hallways.
otherwise,a perfect stay. Perfect location. Good comfy rooms, mostly smiling and helpful staff. And they gave us an early check in and late check out. Hyatt didn't live up to the standard i was expectin, i just don't know if i was expecting too much.

• Stayed December 2013

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore MG Road and thank you for your review.

I am glad to hear that you have truly enjoyed all the facilities of the hotel and appreciate the detailed feedback you have share with us. It is indeed true that our location is ideal for all travelers to Bangalore. While the central location is indeed strength the team at the hotel is committed to providing you and all our guests with authentic hospitality.

The smiling and helpful staff are the true ambassadors of Hyatt Hotels and I will ensure your feedback and recognition will be shared with them.

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

A very disappointing stay considering all the Hyatt properties I have visited where most enjoyable, providing great service with a sense of understatement.

I chose this hotel because as I wanted to be close to one of my customers for our next day's meeting, as Bangalore traffic can be... infuriating. Location is right behind the 1 MG Road shopping mall, so that's quite convenient and provide options for shopping (if you are into these sorts of things).

The hotel appearance looks good but you quickly realise that the standard of finishing are simply not there. It could look very design but end up looking a bit cheap. The lobby is merely two sofa chairs and the reception. You are escorted to your room.

As the receptionist tried to enter my room, he realised the key was not working, so rushed back to reception for a new one while I was waiting in the corridor. The room is very small and the bathroom, described in my reservation as Boxed shower felt exactly like this... a box.

There are not many easily accessible power points, so had to charge my laptop alternatively.
The finishing in the room are far from perfect. The bed is ok and the shower pressure working.
Staff was amiable and trying best but training could resolve a few issues.
I was asked at what time I was going to leave the hotel at 09am (I had notified I would need a car the previous evening). It took 3 phone calls to arrange the car when one was all that needed.

The alarm rung 3 times 12 minutes before the said time. Fortunately I was awake but I would have been displeased if the alarm had rung randomly in the middle of the night.

The insulation is far from perfect, I could hear (and so could my colleagues) the vacuum cleaning going on next door while I was on a conference call.

The Internet system is idiotic. While we all travel with multiple devices, the said system does not allow you to be concurrently logged in. So if I log in on my mobile phone, my computer looses the internet connection and vice versa.

The restaurant is open air and with morning and evening being currently chilly, be prepared for the temperature. Waiters are wearing white tee-shirt. I have nothing against the said tee-shirts except that when curry, or tea or coffee is spilled on them, it is best advised to change the said tee-shirt rather than walking around with what looks like a portable room service menu.

My massala tea arrived after I had finished my breakfast with the lame excuse that it had taken so long because the kitchen only opens at 630!

So overall simply not impressed with this property and shall not return as there are many nicer properties to choose from in Bangalore.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Greetings from Hyatt Bangalore MG Road and thank you for your review and feedback.

It is our endeavor at Hyatt Bangalore to provide all our guests with authentic hospitality and I am disappointed to hear about the inconvenience you have experienced. Our endeavor is to not only meet but exceed guest expectations and hence we take all guest feedback seriously and being empathetic to our guest needs is extremely important to us.

I request you to please contact me directly when you have your next visit to Bangalore and would like to offer an upgrade, subject to availability to one of our beautiful suites, each of which are appointed with a wonderful terrace allowing you to experience the wonderful weather of our garden city.

Looking forward to welcoming you to Bangalore

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

Though the hotel is located in the Heart of Bangalore, once you are inside its very tranquil. You feel completely cut off from rest of the world. The breakfast place at the hotel has an open air ambiance to it. It’s nice to have breakfast there. The rooms of the hotel are a bit small by Indian standards.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed the tranquil setting of the hotel, especially Lido, our international restaurant set by the poolside where we serve breakfast every morning.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.