“Swanky place with no lift and the laziest room service of all!”

Royal Orchid Resort & Convention Centre
Ranked #115 of 659 Hotels in Bengaluru
Pune, India
“Swanky place with no lift and the laziest room service of all!”
Reviewed February 27, 2010

The hotel was difficult to find even for a local taxi-driver. The check-in took a long time, checkout was even lazier - I finally got late for my flight and just about made it in time to the airport. Everything and everyone is lazy in this laid-back hotel in this dead-slow town. Food, drink, water, everything took 3-4 reminders and 45 to 180 minutes to arrive. To top it all, the dirty and expensive taxi arranged by this hotel dropped me 250 metres from the entrance to the airport building.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank HarshwardhanGupta
Royal_Orchid_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Orchid Resort & Convention Centre, responded to this review, August 1, 2010

Greetings from Royal Orchid resort and Convention Centre

Apologies for the hassles you faced at the resort with regards to our service. Our property has recently undergone renovation and a rebranding exercise. We have taken efforts to up our service standards and promise you that you will find our systems and services much more efficient and better. Do visit us again !

Thank you !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Mumbai
Reviewed January 18, 2010

It was a pathetic stay in Royal Orchid Resort , I had a flight to mumbai the next day early morning so I preffered to stay in a hotel which is easily accessable to airport. Whenever I visit Bangalore I stay in Royal Orchid Central in my last visit I came to know about this property.

I checked in around 8pm and I wanted to have a hot shower surprisingly hot water was not coming informed to the reception but they did not responded back again when I called they told it will take some more time.

Then I ordered my dinner in room service the food was good but served cold.

Then I informed reception to give me a wake up call @ 5.30 am as I expected it was not given.Then when I came down to reception to chk out they took around 20 minutes to give me my bill and nobody assisted me with the luggages as well.

This resort is not worth for the money we pay.

Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Convey

Greetings from Royal Orchid Resort & Convention Centre

Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you faced during your stay. We assure you that we will look into each and every point mentioned by you. Our services are sure to appeal to you and we look forward to have you over with us again- to experience the change.

Travelers are raving about these Bengaluru hotels

Liverpool
Reviewed January 18, 2010

This hotel is of a good standard with nice clean rooms and good facilities. When we stayed there we had to leave due to the noisy building works 14 hours as they were building of an extension to the hotel. My partner was spending much of her time at the hotel whilst I was out working and I didnt think it was fair to leave her there all day. The staff didnt really have time for women and I wouldnt recommend this as a place to stay for women. The hotel kept telling us that the noise would stop in a few minutes but it didnt. Im sure this will be a really nice play to stay for business travellers when the work is finished.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank MartandSteph
Chennai
Reviewed June 6, 2009

The resort is situated in a nice cool place where we get fresh air. The rooms are more spacious and the ready-made mix of tea,coffee and sugar are always available.

The food was really tasty. The buffet has everything from starters to desserts. The Gym is wonderful.

The swimming pool, play ground, indoor badminton court and snooker were very much entertaining.

All the party actions happening around.

It was wonderful time I stayed in this hotel for 20 days.

I didnt feel like coming back home.

• Liked — Room Space,Cleanliness, Food, Sports
  • Disliked — Palyground maintenance
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hyderabad
Reviewed April 30, 2009

Stayed here for 2 days. First day was uneventful. Very decent rooms, complimentary breakfast was decent but can be lot better for the price.

Internet charges of Rs. 200 per hour is little absurd when some other comparable hotels are offering for free in the neighborhood.

Second night, ordered room service so I could watch IPL tournament. While eating found a bug in the meal. Called reception to complain and was promised a manager would come to the room to address my concern. No one showed up even after 20 minutes. Called again. Was told manager was on the way. But no one showed up even after 15 minutes. This time, decided to call Room Service and requested someone come to discuss this.

A gentleman showed up and he requested that a captain come to room to address my issue. While waiting for captain, this gentleman casually mentioned that this happened to another guest last week as well. Looks like a recurring event. Finally Captain showed up. He saw the bug and offered a mechanical sorry. Wasn't any way sincere. Their attitude was more like so what?. They requested that I order another dish. But I had lost my appetite by then and was not ready to eat again. So, requested a bowl of curds (fresh Yogurt), which was provided. First bite, it was so sour, I didn't eat and slept half hungry.

Next morning, in the bathroom found a spider crawling up.

Finally, to top this all, water started dripping from upstairs bathroom.

Overall this resort has lot to offer but could be lot better in service and quality.

• Liked — Price, Linen and Room Size
  • Disliked — Food quality, service
  • Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank SriniG

Greetings from Royal Orchid Resort and Convention Centre

Sincere apologies for the inconveniences you faced at our hotel. Our resort has undergone extensive renovation and is now rebranded as Royal Orchid Resort & Convention centre. We have given our hotel’s infrastructure a complete facelift and hopefully, next time when you visit us, you will have a much better experience. Look forward to having you over again.

Fallon, NV
Reviewed March 17, 2009

Awful.

The hotel might eventually be nice some time in the distant future, but for now it is a grade "A" dump. 6000 rupees was a ridiculous price to pay, it should have been 600. Our room had a urine stained mattress leaning against the wall outside of the door. I saw more mosquitoes in the room than I did in my entire two weeks trip to India. The receptionist seemed more interested in charging me for internet (free at the two other Royal Orchids I've stayed at) and overcharging me for a taxi than actually helping my wife and I. Our room had no towels, the power surged every 20 seconds as though World War III was going on. The room had just been remodeled and it must have been remodeled by first graders. The quality of material was good, but the doors were hung poorly, scraping and catching on the tile (making a horrid sound) so that it would catch, jump, catch and inevitably cause you to bash it into your foot.

To make the best of it, my wife and I tried to be adventurous and ate at the hotel restaurant where we saw two rats scurrying about. The food was mediocre, unidentifiable and gelatinous. It was barely passable as a meal, however, the price which was what you'd expect to pay for a fine dining experience, not a rat infested slop.

Oh and how could I forget?!?! The wake up call I asked for (and she confirmed) never happened making us late for our flight. But at least they only charged us 1100 rupees for the return trip to the airport (which cost us 300 rupees {including a handsome tip!} the day prior).

I would sleep outside on the urine stained mattress rather than stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
11 Thank f18drivr

Greetings from Royal Orchid Resort and Convention Centre

We apologise for the problems you faced during your stay. Our property has undergone a series of renovations in the past few months. We are constantly trying to improve our service standards and assure you that the next time you will have a totally different experience - it is promise of quality from our end.

Thank you !
UK
Reviewed November 30, 2006

This is the worst hotel I have ever seen, not worthy of a western rating. I and a large group of colleagues from all over Europe stayed at this hotel, we were advised that we would be put into refurbished rooms. Upon arrival i was given a room and told it had been refurbished, the bathroom was awful, with broken tiles, exposed pipes, chipped cement, dirty the shower was a drip. Plugs were hanging off the wall in the main room, the sheets were stained. In the morning i insisted on being changed room, i was given a room where the bedroom was marginally better but the bathroom was of the same standard.

Other facilities were basic, one computer in the business centre, with now internet access for 24 hours of the 3 day stay. Rats were seen in the business centre and grouds. Cockroaches were seen in some bedrooms.

The only positive about the hotel was the restaurant where the food was actually very good, cooked in an open kitchen and extremely cheap.

I would never return to this hotel.

Stayed October 2006
7 Thank CMNE

Greetings from Royal Orchid Resort and Convention Centre

We are extremely sorry about the experience that you had while at our resort. We have made note of all the problems that you faced and are working on it .We hope that you will visit us and review our reworked system and give us feedback on the same - look forward to having you over!