Royal Orchid Resort & Convention Centre
Hotels.com
$137
$103
  • Breakfast included
The Leela Palace Bengaluru(Bengaluru)
$266
Agoda.com
$180
$119
  • Pool
All reviewsswimming poolbadminton courtplay cricketvisit this placedeluxe roomget togethermini barcoffee shopquality of foodspecial thanksfront officerooms are spacioushouse keepingdhabayelahankateamfacilities
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Quality fell steeply within 1 year!
No Proper cleaning of room. Saw spider web inside room.
Toilet pipe spout leaver broken. I saw as soon as I checked in. Made a complaint to House keeping. One person came and inspected assured that he will come and replace. No one came till I checked out.
Tube light on the wardrobe fitting came out on one side and hanging.
Curtain fitting not proper and hanging halfway.
Telephone snatched off in bath room.

Breakfast - Requested for drinking water. Even after 5 request, no one provided.

Room Tip: Only way is to get in each and every room and select best out of available!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank irvijay
Royal orchid r, General Manager at Royal Orchid Resort & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2014

Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us.

I would like to thank you for taking the time out to share with us your valuable feedback about your visit to our property, that helps us serve you better. Also would like to mention that your concern regarding delay in service, quality of room and hygenic is well noted, and corrective measures had taken to ensure that no guest is at inconvenience.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Royal Orchid Resorts & Convention Centre, Bangalore.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We choose this hotel because it was close to the airport and that we had just a night to spend. Big mistake.
We stayed one night and one day at the royal orchid and were quit disappointed by this hotel.
Our room smelt cigarette, everything looks a bit old and not well maintained.
The breakfast restaurant has very cold atmosphere (sinister)
Staff is ok, no more.
We went to the pool, that's the on incredible part of the picture : there's a large and nice pool but not a single mattress around it, just two chairs and 2 benches
The only positive thing was r lunch at the grill (9 mile ...) which serves good punjabi food but with an average service.
Average is the word for this place.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pdardel
Royal orchid r, General Manager at Royal Orchid Resort & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is very encouraging to note that you had a good experience with us. Team is very delighted to hear that we were able to meet your expectation.

Looking forward to welcome you back again.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Excellent service from the staff, specially the general manager. . Extremely courteous & helpful. The break fast was amazing.
The swimming pool size is massive. You can also enjoy the gym & spa.
Room has a great view from higher floors.

Room Tip: try the executive suit. its nice & compact.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time out to share with us your wonderful feedback about your visit to our property that helps us serve you better. We are happy to learn you had a very good experience with us and it is our constant Endeavour to provide authentic hospitality to all who visit us.

At Royal Orchid Hotels, we take pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction. We deeply value your relationship with Royal Orchid Hotels and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best.

Looking forward to welcoming back to serve you again.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Royal Orchid,Yelahanka has seen a drastic makeover compared to its original Dominion Resort days.
Nice venue for birthday parties & weddings & also for corporate get togethers.Been to many functions here & enjoyed the ambience.Nice place for family & kids too.Lots of open spaces & pool makes it an ideal getaway.
Food is great too!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Ravi S, General Manager at Royal Orchid Resort & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

We can’t thank you enough for the wonderful and honest feedback on our property. We are happy to serve you and are delighted to know that our food and service proved upto your expectations.

Our gratitude is unending. We look forward to your visit once again. Just to enhance the weekend activities we are adding a whole lot of adventure sports at the resort followed by Paint ball. We look forward to hosting you again. please feel free to call me on 9902000220 for anything you need at the resort.

Kindest Regards

Ravi Singh

Reviewed December 14, 2012

We got a discounted rate of Rs. 5500 (or ~100$ US) +Tax. That seems steep for India but included WiFi + Breakfast. The internet was good as I got ~5Mb download/upload speeds. The breakfast was good - lot of variety for vegetarians as well as non vegetarians. You get Indian (dosa, vada, upma, paratha etc.), Continental (muffins, pastries), large variety of juices (including unusual ones like cucumber and capsicum), milkshakes and fruits. In the rooms there are many variety of pillows and beds are comfortable.
My first room on the 1st floor was partially renovated - had nice fixtures, renovated hardwood but older paint/wall paper. My second room on 5th floor new wing had a fancy shower and light fixtures. Not all rooms are updated and those that are seem to be only partially updated.
Now the bad:
1. First day at breakfast I got a sealed jam bottle which had fungus on opening.
2. I wanted to just use a recumbent bike in the gymn and was not allowed in because they expect people to come in a track suit to use the gymn (they don't tell you when you make a reservation, nor is it in their instructions - just says suitable clothing). I had to complain to the manager before the attendant would let me in.
3. I realized the real reason they didn't want me in the gymn was because many of the gymn machines were broken. I tried another day when one of the cardio machines which was working previously also stopped working and a new attendant showed and informed me that the gymn was closed.
4. Cable comes with many channels but not in HD which is a dissapointment given the big screen TV's they have in the executive rooms. And many of the channels on the menu are locked out!
5. Service is terrible. I asked for a quiet room when I made the reservation and again when I checked in and they gave me one next to the lawn where they have parties daily. I called to get a quieter one in the night and was told to expect a response within 15 minutes but nobody called back. In the morning I went to get a quieter room and they gave me one in the new wing on the 5th floor. 2 out of 3 nights there have been parties somewhere below which have created so much noise that things shake even in the 5th floor. Guest service is perpetually busy. Receptionist totally unhelpful - said they will investigate to get me off the phone.
6. Laundry is a rip off. The rates are per item - just washing a single shirt costs ~4$ US. And you can get a new pair of undergarments for the money you would pay to get them laundered just once. If you are staying for an extended period there is a reasonable laundry across the street next to the small grocery shop.
7. Restaurants are very expensive. A small coke is Rs60 (~1$ US) in the room but Rs150 (~3$ US) in the cheapest restaurant. Even the very posh Leela hotel nearby has a coffe shop in the Oxford Book Store which is way cheaper than any restaurant in Royal Orchid.
8. There are crowds every morning because of many things they seem to host - so the ambience isn't great.

Bottomline - if you like to sleep or get some work done in a peaceful ambience this is not for you. If you enjoy loud expensive places you may like it.

Room Tip: New wing has parties below which can be very noisy. Old wing has garden parties pretty much daily. Non garden facing rooms in the old wing may be quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business