“Spacious rooms but average dining experience”

The Chancery Pavilion
Ranked #108 of 652 Hotels in Bengaluru
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“Spacious rooms but average dining experience”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I chose to stay here when I was moving to Bangalore permanently. The rooms were big so all three adults can fit in quite easily. However, the hotel is quite old so many things are not working properly - shower curtain, taps etc. Also, the breakfast in the morning could have been better.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
TheChanceryPavilion, Public Relations Manager at The Chancery Pavilion, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
We have taken a note of your point about B/fast and please note we are continuously introducing new menu with enhanced variety so that we can meet your expectations.

Marketing & Communication Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Thai first
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Being a hotelier, my first impression of this hotel was absolutely marvelous. Service was professional, rooms were spacious and beds were very comfortable. We stayed only for one night and were very very dissapointed with what happened at night.

Electricity went off at 01:00am, I was told initially that problem was on 5 and 6 floor, called the front desk five times to request urgent room change because my father needed his oxygen machine during the night which should be connected to electricity. They said the problem would be solved in five minutes every time I called. I called back and came to know at 01:30am that hotels generator broke down as well so all rooms were out of light. At 02:00am, I called really very upset and five minutes after threatening to not pay my room rate, electricity was back.

Front desk service at night was miserable and not one person was able to apologise or call back to verify if we were ok even though they promised to call back twice. At check out I mentioned this situation to the duty manager who gave us a discount on the room rate (excluded taxes only) however he surely doesn't understand the risk he has put his Guest into.

If anything had happened, the discount would be the last thing to compensate for this unbelievably bad service.

All in all, a terrible experience, will not return and will never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank VidhyaDR
Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to share with us your valuable feedback .We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you because of major electricity breakdown and not up to the mark service of Front desk .We have taken up the issue highlighted with my engineering and Front office department and have taken immediate concrete measures to avoid any reoccurrence of this sort in future.

We tried calling you up to personally speak to you and to apologize for the inconvenience caused to you but were not able to connect to you.

We always Endeavour to meet and indeed exceed our guests expectations. I do hope that this unpleasant experience will not diminish your opinion of The Chancery Pavilion, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, in the not too distant future.

Marketing & Communication Manager

Travelers are raving about these Bengaluru hotels

Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely long holiday at this property. The hotel is always hustling bustling with activity. The ambience is excellent. Tea by poolside in Bangalore weather is good. The morning breakfast spread is simply excellent and to top it all the overall food quality, quantity and taste for a variety of dishes at all hours is to die for. The staff is warm courteous and helpful. The view we had was facing the pool which was nice. The rooms are spacious. A 5 star from start to finish.

• Stayed February 2014
TheChanceryPavilion, Public Relations Manager at The Chancery Pavilion, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for your kind words and staying with us .We are happy to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcome you again.

Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Centrally located, it was a pleasure to have had good service from all staff. Pickup service was arranged from the airport and it was a pleasure to have them wait 1hr even though the flight was delayed. Nice ambiance and good food in house dining. Ask for room with pool view.

Room Tip: Spa was a little expensive, with the additional luxury tax etc which came up to more than 25% of the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
TheChanceryPavilion, Public Relations Manager at The Chancery Pavilion, responded to this review, May 15, 2014

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Very good location but room interiors are still frozen in time. Average menu choice for in room dining and no effort at all from their staff to explain other options either. Front office though was a good support. Overall very forgettable / non impressive experience.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking Residency road has good view with greenery.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
TheChanceryPavilion, Public Relations Manager at The Chancery Pavilion, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your valuable feedback .We have taken a note of your comments about limited choice for in room dining and staff .Kindly note we are continuously working on our menu options to offer more variety as per your expectation. We are deeply concerned about the comforts of our guests and we will continue to strive for the best experience for our guests

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Good cost effective hotel however people are not very well trained and also wifi is like dial up speed of 1990s...only reason I will not stay in this hotel again is because of poor internet connectivity.
Food is good - people in restaurant are better compared to house keeping and room service...

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
TheChanceryPavilion, Public Relations Manager at The Chancery Pavilion, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you very much indeed for taking the time and trouble to share with us your valuable feedback with us.Kindly note we have taken a note of your wifi complain and please be informed we are upgrading our entire hotel wifi connection to make it most efficient.

Divender kaur
New Delhi, India
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Checked in twice at this property at a gap of just one day between Feb 02 - Feb 06, 2014. Appreciate that owing to my 2 nights occupancies during both stays, got some discounted pricing which they were not ready to give if I was staying for one night (policy I guess). Liked their 24X7 coffee shop, had my dinner at midnight (late arrival). Appreciate that my stay was upgraded to next category room. Front office staff was not as promt as it should be at any good Five star property, guess, they are over worked or hotel is short of staff. Be cautious with laundry services, they outsource it, inform them in advance or else you will have to leave your stuff or collect it at your next visit, this happened with me, despite standing instructions, they did not deliver it in time but as I had to come back, was able to collect my stuff during next visit, though they did not deliver it, they billed me for the service (ha ha ha). Despite beforehand information, checkout was not promt, bills and supportings were not ready, had to run to arrange them myself. Be careful, staff may ask you to share table with strangers at breakfast, first time in my entire travel history faced such a proposal, I denied taking breakfast itself. Rooms were fine during both stays.

Room Tip: Ask for upgrade, guess club rooms are spacious and better.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
TheChanceryPavilion, Public Relations Manager at The Chancery Pavilion, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you very much indeed for taking the time and trouble to share with us your valuable feedback with us.We have taken a note of your feedback about front office staffing and your checkout experience and have done the needful required. We have noted your feedback about laundry service and have taken up with the company to avoid any recurrence of this sort in future.