“HORRIBLE AND FRUSTRATING EXPERIENCE OVERALL !!!”

The Chancery Pavilion
Ranked #108 of 652 Hotels in Bengaluru
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“HORRIBLE AND FRUSTRATING EXPERIENCE OVERALL !!!”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We were a part of corporate and do regularly visit Bangalore, where this is my first experience with Chancery Hotels and was indeed horrifying and frustrating to the extent possible.

Few points that are a major concern and areas for further improvement in case you would like to adapt:
1. The front desk staff / Duty Manager completely denied having any conversations with me which is a shocker as I have been speaking to them regularly about my reservation since last week. Not a sign of integrity on behalf of hotel authorities. I have multiple data points to substantiate this issue…
2. I had to waste 3 hours in this entire process today trying to request and chase people for no reason but nothing came to rescue. It was all so messy and instead of figuring out a solution we were trying to shred off our responsibilities.
3. I would like to bring to your attention the harassment that has been done and a very poor service quality exhibited from the Hotel Staff. During the entire discussion which lasted for more than 2 hours, it was a shocking experience that a 5 STAR property staff is not even courteous to serve at least glass of water to the guests. I have never experienced this anywhere, even a roadside cafe has this etiquettes, a total miss on the level of hospitality.
4. This issue got sorted only when I resorted to file a Customer Complaint as a litigation in the Consumer Court where I have been exposed to harassment and cheating from MakeMyTrip as well as Chancery Hotels and they have completely failed to keep their promises and were also not able to handle such issues. The service quality level to deliver and handle issues is way beyond expectation.

Room Tip: Please avoid this hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank djain99
TheChanceryPavilion, Public Relations Manager at The Chancery Pavilion, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to share with us your valuable feedback regarding your stay at the hotel. At the outset, please let me extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you at the hotel.We have noted your concern and have investigated the entire incident and taken corrective action to avoid any re occurrence of this sort in future.

We have also spoken to Make My Trip and taken corrective action as your booking was made through MMT and not directly with the hotel

We always endeavour to meet and indeed exceed our guests expectations. I do hope that this unpleasant experience will not diminish your opinion of The Chancery Pavilion, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, in the not too distant future.

Marketing & Communication Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Thai first
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We were lucky enough to get a room in this hotel at the last minute. We had actually booked elsewhere and wasnt happy, and on the off chance ask the Chancery if they had a spare room. They did, on the 8th Floor. It was great, a clean modern room with friendly staff. We ate breakfast and dinners for one week in the restaurant downstairs, and the food was perfect. It had a good mix of Indian and western food to keep everyone happy, and the quality of everything was excellent. We couldn't have been happier. The location was good, just a Auto Rickshaw ride from Commercial Street for shopping ( I think we paid 200 rupees, about $3.80 - $4AUD to get there). A Chemist that spoke good English across the road. Next door was a currency exchange.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank kpertot
TheChanceryPavilion, Public Relations Manager at The Chancery Pavilion, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
We thank you for your feedback. We are absolutely delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you very much for your kind comments on the buffet spread & services that you experienced.

We thank you once again for your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Chancery Pavilion.

Puttaparthi, India
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Provides clean and well maintained rooms. Has nice cuisine. Bed and Breakfast deals are good. Has a lavish spread of breakfast options including continental and Indian. WiFi connectivity is good. Located on a busy traffic street. You will need a vehicle to get in and out of the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on upper floors tend to be quieter and noise free.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
TheChanceryPavilion, Public Relations Manager at The Chancery Pavilion, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
We thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you very much for your kind comments that you experienced.

Marketing and Communication Manager
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I was on a business trip with my US delegation to Bangalore and had to stay at this hotel.
This is definitely not a 5 star and barely a 4 star facility.
For the price they charged us, this hotel was expensive.
Even though I had opted for non-smoking floor, it had this smuggy smoky odor on the entire floor.
They did offer all of us the club room but it was not impressive at all. Just an average.
Nothing fancy, impressive.
FOOD as well was average, nothing exclusive about it. Most of the time we ate outside and used the restaurant only for breakfast.

Would not recommend for business trips!!

Room Tip: Don't keep your room keys next to Cellphone, it stops working for 5-10 minutes.
1 Thank SundipK
Thank you for taking the time out to share with us your valuable feedback regarding your stay at the hotel. At the outset, please let me extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you at the hotel.We have taken a note of all the points mentioned and will do the needful required.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

If you're travelling for work and need an accomodation, Chancery Pavilion is probably the most ideal hotel with comfortable and extremely clean rooms, unless ofcourse you need some help or room service. I stayed there for 2 days and I could wish for nothing more than to find another hotel to stay in. Food ordered in the room is delivered after an abnormal gap of 1 hour and 3 reminders. Complementory wifi mentioned on the webiste or elsewhere is just a hoax to mislead the customers. Wifi (if atall, it works) is extremely slow, and 98% of the times does not work. Not only this, but the hotel does not repsond to any grievances raised in this regard, expect for a standard answer that our servers are presently down and the IT person is fixing it. Something simple like getting a print of my boarding pass was told to them and the reception re-assured me that the same will be ready the momemt I'm done with my meeting. Not only that same was ofcourse not done but also nobody in the staff had much or idea of these instructions. I trip full of inconvenience and disappointment, I would suggest you rather choose another hotel for a pleasant and comfortable stay.

2 Thank PoojaThacker
TheChanceryPavilion, Public Relations Manager at The Chancery Pavilion, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time out to share with us your valuable feedback regarding your stay at the hotel. At the outset, please let me extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you regarding delay in room service order , internet not working at the hotel and reception staff not meeting up to your expectation.Kindly note we have taken up your concerns with the operational and IT team and will do the needful to avoid any re-occurrence of this sort in future .

We always Endeavour to meet and indeed exceed our guests expectations. I do hope that this unpleasant experience will not diminish your opinion of The Chancery Pavilion, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, in the not too distant future.

Warm regards,
Marketing & Communication Manager

Travelers are raving about these Bengaluru hotels

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have been using this hotel for the past three years and its been a revelation. Located bang opposite the Bangalore club, it easy to find and is on a busy road. The service is quick, room are modern and suited for a corporate guest. Good wifi and an excellent breakfast spread. The Gym and Pool arent worth talking about. The TV could have been upgraded. Otherwise they ensure speed and efficient movement in and out of the hotel.

Walking distance from UB city makes it easy for food and evening entertainment options.

Room Tip: Road facing rooms are better as they give a view of the Bangalore Club and UB city
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback regarding your stay at the hotel. At the outset, please let me extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you regarding Gym & pool not meeting your expectation and TV up gradation, However, for discerning travelers like you we also have our Club Pavilion rooms which are a higher category room type, should you wish to book the same during your next visit, I would be most happy to assist.

Let me assure you, that, we are deeply committed to the comforts of our guests and we will continue to strive for your best experience. We look forward to serving you again during your next visit. Kindly note we have taken a note of your comments and will do the needful required in this regard.

Warm regards,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Excellent members of staff, very humble though some like those cleaning rooms do not speak English but still you are able to communicate and make your request. You also get as much of mineral water as you wish for free which is remarkable considering this is a commodity that has to be purchased in other hotels.

I enjoyed my experience. Nice spacious rooms and fantastic breakfast menu.

Room Tip: You can take a walk on the streets without feeling any threat of insecurity despite the fact that th...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
TheChanceryPavilion, Public Relations Manager at The Chancery Pavilion, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
We thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you very much for your kind comments on the services that you experienced.

Marketing and Communication Manager