“Simply Avoid!”

Ranked #101 of 665 Hotels in Bengaluru
Bangalore
“Simply Avoid!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had made a bulk booking this month for a family function and it was indeed the most horrible experience of the hospitality especially because I have always found Bangalore Hotels a notch above most cities that I have traveled. The rooms provided were totally dilapidated, old, hackneyed and broken furniture for which the most arrogant set of staff have no apology instead right from the front office guy until the GM of the hotel only argue. Top this up with the house keeping staff not making your room by replenishing the essentials. You go down and you are not allowed breakfast though all rooms booked were on breakfast inclusive rates. If you try to complain or reach the sales lady; she will simply avoid your calls. Apart from the usual humiliation of the guests, the double whammy is my booking advance was not returned until 2 weeks because, we complained and raised disputes on the services and handling. Guys! it is a property in which the staff are conspiring to close it!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank DrVikas
nagarajan_udupa, General Manager at The Chancery Pavilion, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Greetings from the Chancery Pavilion.

Sir at the outset we met and I tried my level best to have a cordial discussion with you but failed due to your stubborn attitude. We explained to you as per our current practice breakfast is complimentary for every room night charged and only those check in early and have breakfast on the day of arrival pay for it. However we do not refuse breakfast in any which way.

We have noted your comments with concern especially regarding housekeeping, sales team member and advance not being paid back. You may wish to recall when you reached the hotel the account was settled in less than five minutes and I see no reason to delay your refund.

We believe you are entitled to your opinion and we respect that.

With warm regards
Nagarajan J Udupa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Thai first
Mumbai
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stayed there for an overnight and spent sometime therefrom end of day 1 to middle of day 2.

Had a great experience and would recommend the place. The staff is modest and cordial; rooms are nicely done up and spacious for even colleagues to share in case that is the policy. Also it has enough place for conducting meetings / concalls during the daytime if need be, though was slightly surprised that the phone didnt have a speaker. i had a very late check in and requested for allowing to conduct a call / meeting in the room which i could do very effectively. Post check out i could leave my luggage at the counter there and spend couple of hours over a coffee at the coffee shop for meetings and it worked very smooth.

The bathrooms were clean and well contained. They would do well to fix the shower a bit as it was either rusty or simply not good enough to be adjusted.

The food at the restaurant was good enough not needing to go out. The buffet spread had good options for dinner and breakfast options were even better. The rooms, hotel and food are suitable both for families as well as business visits.

As compared to other hotels in the category, the taxi / concierge service was quite expensive.

All in all, worthy for a stay and just in case there is a good deal, you should not select any other option.

Room Tip: For those who would like to sleep late and / or get up a little later dont select the room overlooki...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
New Delhi, India
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This hotel was extensively used by me during 2009 through 2011.
Though it claims to be a 5 star hotel, but somewhere in subsequent years i.e. in 2013 I found there has been deterioration of services.
All people changed.
Check-in and check-out times are awfully longer.
Free WiFi but in few of the corner rooms lacked good signal strength.

Except the breakfast, I think food is not all that great.
The room services also takes time and possibly fish items were good.

There is a gym in the miuns 2 floor where some banquet hall are also there.
The location is great, like bang opposite of Bangalore club.
There are several nearby good restaurants.
Like Harima.
Also a more cheaper restaurant available for the continental preparation at the basement floor from road.
The hotel is on the one way traffic and therefore, one has to be very cautious about the speeding past vehicles while walking on the road.

Room Tip: You may choose non-smoking rooms as the smoking rooms stinks because of the absorption by the carpet...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Greetings from the Chancery Pavilion.

Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay during your recent visit to Bangalore and for the kind words of compliments. We have noted your comments with concern especially regarding breakfast service and food in general. We will do the needful to improve and hope that you will have a better experience on your next visit.

Mumbai
Reviewed September 27, 2013

It was best business hotel in heart of city. room and breakfast was great. it is very close to brigade road. even you can enjoy mid night bufe. All the room is with bath tub. you can also the the bar in the lobby

Room Tip: Take the room on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed September 27, 2013

While I did not STAY there officially, I spent a couple of days & a night there for an event setup. Hotel staff are very co-operative to say at the least. Rooms are spacious, clean & well maintained. However, having CRTs in these modern times is something that I could not understand. Having said that, the stay there & overall experience was truly good.

Room Tip: Try getting road-facing rooms....
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I chose this hotel based on some Trip Advisor reviews, and after confirming with a friend from Bangalore who had attended parties held in this hotel. We were quite a large group - we booked 3 rooms. I found the wait staff at the restaurant VERY helpful, and courteous - the food was safe, we had no food-related problems at all. The kids enjoyed the pool (they were one of the few who were in the pool). The rooms were spacious, and nicely furnished. Basically, it felt like any other good hotel room I'd have found in the US. We stayed for a week.
The travel desk was very approachable, and helpful with comparing costs for various options;
and arranged the hotel car whenever we needed it - which got to us (at various points in the city) quite quickly (except for 1 out of something like 10 trips) - quite good, I would say.
I must say that the room we had booked for my parents started having a faint, but noticeable odor. Our vacation got complicated and I didn't have time to work with the hotel to change rooms - but they were quite willing to work with us - so I don't fault them much for that at all.
All the staff were incredibly helpful, without sounding like they were looking for tips - for me that was such a relief.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
nagarajan_udupa, General Manager at The Chancery Pavilion, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Greetings from the Chancery Pavilion.

Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay during your recent visit to Bangalore and for the kind words of compliments. We have noted your comments with concern especially regarding the room allotted to your parents. We are undertaking corrective measures to ensure better experience for our guests.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This was my first visit to The Chancery pavilion. I stayed with my family and my sister's family...

We took couple of rooms. rooms are ok... but surprised to see those old 90's style TV in the room.. that is not a problem.. we vacated the room as we had to go to mysore for a trip.. and we had a flight on back to Dubai after 3 days so we had planned to come on d day of d flight n go directly to the airport but due to some reasons we had to change the plan and leave d very next day to Bangalore. so I called the chancery pavilion to reserve 2 rooms. After my call got transferred 3 to 4 times.. finally my call was attended and booking was confirmed.

Next day i go to the hotel to check in funny part was that the reception staff is totally blank about my reservation. And then a lady named Nidhi (i am not sure if the spelling is correct) very warm, quick and attentive comes and attends us asking for what happened...I should say that i did not expect a person of this kind to be in the chancery pavilion after having such an experience and then she assured that each of our needs were met. i asked her that i wanted the same room 327 on the third floor that i stayed 2 days back she was go kind to consider that and gave me the same room. she apologised for what had happened very professionally yet genuinely... so quickly she finished all the procedure and handed over the keys within 5 mins everything was over and i had keys in my hand. this actually made me forget about all the hassles that i had experienced so far...After that we had to extend our stay by 1 more day she considered that as well and restaurant staffs were very attentive and well mannered... Over all I would considering staying in the chancery pavilion on my next visit as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
nagarajan_udupa, General Manager at The Chancery Pavilion, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Greetings from the Chancery Pavilion.

Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay during your recent visits to Bangalore and for the kind words of compliments. We have noted your comments with concern especially regarding the reservation call and the booking not being there. We are investigating and will certainly do the needful to improve.