The Chancery Pavilion
ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru(Bengaluru)
  • Breakfast included
The Elanza Hotel(Bengaluru)
1,015 results
All reviewsbangalore clubresidency roadvalue for moneyroom servicebusiness hotelstar propertybusiness tripin room diningrooms are bigub citybreakfast buffethotel is locatedbrigade roadnice propertyfront officetravel deskcoffee shop
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I had been there in Chancery Pavallion in Bangalore a five star property centrally located. I found very good on line deal for this Hotel for 2 nights. I found here excellent break fast quick room service. Only I found room service snacks portion were small for a person/two.
rooms are spacious & clean, services are fast. Reception is too responsive & helpful.

I have no regrets with this hotel & I surely come again.

Keep it up.

with regards,

Gopal Arya

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2013

A disapointing property. Check in was fine; my room, at the end of a dingy corridor, was Ok with a Queen bed but the place needed a refit and redoecoration. Three soft drink cans in the mini bar but complimentary water above the fridge! Tea and coffee making facilities.

A museum peice of a flat screen TV and intermittant wi-fi. Several powercuts.

The bathroom was in even more need of a refit with a touched up chipped bath and poor walls.

Breakfast was just OK and service was poor for India.

The management of this hotel need to drag it out of the '80's and into the present quickly.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I travel quite a bit on the sub-continent and SE Asia. I understand the Chancery was downgraded to a 4 star by the local authority and I can see why. I checked in 3 hours ago for the first time and nothing up to standard. You can only comfortably view the flatscreen TV from in bed, it took 2 hours to get my inter-net working and I believe I can probably read the newspaper through my very grey (supposed to be white) towels. The place feels "surface clean" but grimy. The staff have been fine but there is something wrong here. The hallways are dingy and the mini-bar has an assortment of 14 items despite ample room for many more items a guest may desire. The bath tub has had massive chips repaired that are so obvious the tub is not inviting. The power has gone out twice since I was writing this review. It feels like the hotel ownership have not made the commitment to keep this property to a 5 star standard. I am here two nights but I will suspect I will not be back. I would add that I am am normally very forgiving, but I am not impressed.

1  Thank DaveZ33819
nagarajan_udupa, General Manager at The Chancery Pavilion, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Greetings from the Chancery Pavilion.

It was a pleasure meeting you and thank you for the kind words of compliments for our employees. We have noted your comments with concern especially regarding Internet and Upkeep. We are in the middle of up gradation and it is expected to be complete in a few months from now.

Please do give us another opportunity and myself and the entire team of the Chancery Pavilion will strive to ensure a better experience for you.

We look forward to your next visit.

with warm regards
Nagarajan J Udupa

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had researched a lot of stay options in Bangalore prior to choosing this on Hotels.com. The facilities, service levels and location are outstanding for the price. Stayed on the 2nd floor with pool view. Comfortable and spacious room with prompt service. Fantastic location right in the heart of central Bangalore. Good, lavish breakfast spread. Wi-fi is OK. Hotel does not have a spa but the steam bath, jacuzzi and gym facilities are included. The hotel staff are friendly and efficient. Received a surprise cake from the hotel on my birthday which coincided during my stay! Overall, I recommend this hotel for a comfortable stay in Bangalore - for business or leisure.

Room Tip: The pool view room on the 2nd floor was good. It also offers views of Richmond Road sine there aren't any other tall buildings around. It also had a decent sized bath tub. The water pressure is good. People on TripAdvisor have commented on the smell in the corridors, but this has not been our experience. In the evening, mosquito/insect repellents are sprayed in the corridors for guests' safety, and maybe this has been of concern. But the smell only lasts for a short while. The steam bath and jacuzzi are separate for men and women.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel is very well located, the staff is very helpful, and certainly it is value for money. However I was disappointed by the quality of food particularly the buffet breakfast and lunch. Though there are plentiful dishes the quality is mediocre. The hotel needs to urgently uplift quality of their food even if it means reducingn the number of dishes in the buffet.

Room Tip: ask for city facing rooms
1  Thank rajiv b