“good value of money but housekeeping need to be improve”

Goldfinch Hotel Bangalore
Ranked #135 of 668 Hotels in Bengaluru
Bhubaneswar, India
“good value of money but housekeeping need to be improve”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

i stayed in this hotel in the month of july 2013, the voucher mentioned the check in time as 1200PM, we arrive at 1300hrs , but still the room was not ready, when we ask for reason , they don't have any answer only said that room was not ready. It took then atleast 1 hrs to figure that the room will never be ready and they upgrade me with a superior room.
The room was quite big ,clean and luxurious with all modern amenities, but bathroom specially tub need some serious housekeeping.
I was told that the hotel was equipped with WiFi, but after repeated try ,unable to connect to WiFi, hotel management seriously need to look into this issue.
Room service was good, lunch that we order was very good and tasty, Breakfast was OK , could be much better .....
Overall good hotel but need some look at housekeeping ...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank jy_vacc
Hadya s, General Manager at Goldfinch Hotel Bangalore, responded to this review, August 21, 2013

Greetings from Hotel Goldfinch, Bengaluru!

I would like to thank you for giving us your valuable feedback on our services during your recent stay at the Hotel Goldfinch.

May I, at the outset, proffer my most sincere apologies for the reported inconvenience caused to you as a result of our indiscretion and lack of customer orientation and judgment. I am also appalled at the series of sequential service lapses.

May I request you to pardon us on this occasion and provide my team and me with another opportunity to ensure that you have a pleasant and impeccable experience at the Goldfinch. I would like to assure you that I have viewed your survey most seriously and immediate corrective measures are being taken to address the same. May I also request you to treat this as an aberration not reflective of our normal service standards and customer care.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter. Please feel free to contact me, should you need any assistance, whatsoever.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Indore, India
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed two nights in this Hotel. I booked this hotel by hotel web site and the offer was cheaper than other tour agents web sites. I stayed in Gold Club Room, which was very big and clean
Breakfast was excellent and room service was also good. I will recommended this hotel to all
either you are coming alone or with family. Very near to MG road and Race course road.
Only one problem i face that is from House keeping department they dont take phone every time

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank indore_123
Hadya s, General Manager at Goldfinch Hotel Bangalore, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hotel Goldfinch, Bangalore!!!

Thank you very much for posting about your experience at Goldfinch, Bangalore on Trip Advisor and for appreciating the rooms, food at, and our staff!

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you to your satisfaction.

I am delighted to note that you found our service impeccable. The entire team is happy to read such a motivating review from you, which I am certain, will help us to strive even further for excellence.

I thank you once again for your time and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Mangalore
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is my second visit and i can say i would Pledge myself to stay at this hotel every time i come to Bangalore . Staff right from Front Desk , Room Service, restaurant Service are very good . A Fantastic and Highly Recommended .
Hotel is most Centrally located and Near by you have access to all the facilities
The Rooms are very Good, Clean, and very well maintained .
The Staff are soft spoken and always Helpful . be it guiding you to your locations in Bangalore,etc .
I am extremely happy for my stay and i personally thank the front end Manager for Mr Nirmal Hassan making my stay the most comfortable and memorable one
Kabab Factory is a fantastic Restaurant for the variety of Kababs and also the Ghazal Sangeeth with songs request is simply brilliant.
San-a-digi is also fantastic for fish Lovers
A *****( Five Star ) Rating for this hotel

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Dear Guest,

My team and I are delighted to receive your review of your wonderful stay with us recently. Thank you for your encouraging feedback and compliments of the Hotel.

It is very rewarding for the team to realize that their warm, professional and anticipatory service very much contributed towards your stay experience. Indeed, it is the Goldfinch way to ensure that all our guests receive the genuine warmth and hospitality that they deserve. We are very pleased that you felt well-taken care of during your stay.

It will be our pleasure to extend the wonderful Goldfinch hospitality to you again, should you plan another holiday with us in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have stayed one night in the Goldfinch Hotel Bangalore during my India Trip in April'13. I have made my reservation on ebookers.ie as they offered the best price for 3 guests (Gold Club Room, Extra Bed requested).

So... There are few positive comments and few negatives about my short stay. Maybe positives first:
- reception staff was always very helpful and professional;
- early check-in was allowed - thank you;
- location: right in the city centre and very close to Bangalore Palace;
- very good value for money for accommodation and for example mini-bar;
- tasty breakfast and attentive staff (sometimes too much, haha);
- clean and fresh room #505;
- nice & relaxing lobby;
- efficient check-in and check-out (accurate bill).

For negatives or 'to improve' comments I would share:
- looking at pictures now it looks that we were allocated in Superior Room instead of Gold Club (higher standard) - I could be wrong, but that how it looks like when I check their website;
- in the early afternoon it was impossible to eat anything in the hotel or in the area - everything was just waiting for the evening to be opened. I think we ordered only some basic sandwiches anyway quite late as nothing else was available. When we entered one of the hotel restaurants we were 'kindly' noticed after few minutes and lady was quite surprised that we wanted to eat something (why would be other reason to go there?) - after good few minutes she said that they don't have anything available until evening... well...
- Room was nice, but toilets are weirdly designed with open top-part. It's OK for bathroom, but for toilet? I'm not sure about that and this was actually quite uncomfortable when you had to spend there 'few more minutes'. I'm just taking about possible sound and smell experiences, lol.
- Extra bed was not provided as earlier requested.
- The Finest Boutique Hotel - word boutique for me it's only to have an excuse to do things in other 'finest' hotels are just not acceptable. Even nice Rolls-Royce parked in front of your hotel will not change that, so sorry.

As I mentioned earlier, it wasn't bad, it was quite nice, but not the great. I think there are just few too many managers around and their decisions are contradicting each other and that's why the final product is a little bit messy. It could be really great hotel with few small changes.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank marqoos_pl
Hadya s, General Manager at Goldfinch Hotel Bangalore, responded to this review, July 24, 2013

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I took a club room and stayed for 2 nights, its location is pretty much in the city center.
The room is spacious and clean. Toiletries are pretty basic. Housekeeping does not answer the phone calls. They gave me a defective lame ironing board with bed sheet on top. The minibar was totally empty, yet the staff asked me if I had consumed anything which I found quite funny. The front desk staff is prompt.
Breakfast spread is good, and food quality is average. The staff can sometime mix up the order and more than one person can ask you for your room number and also one of them was scolding his junior in front of all of us that too at the top of his voice.
But overall good value for money cause of the tariff.

Room Tip: Rooms can get very chilly if you don't set the temperature right.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hadya s, General Manager at Goldfinch Hotel Bangalore, responded to this review, July 17, 2013

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The Positves

Clean room and bed.,
Value for money.

Room for improvement
The fitting in the room like bathroom shower , door handle's need replacement.
The breakfast room fittings and the cutlery looks run down , it has to be changed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hadya s, General Manager at Goldfinch Hotel Bangalore, responded to this review, July 13, 2013

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is an apt place for an excellent ambiance of regional food. They serve amazing Vegetarian and excellent Non- Vegetarian food.

In particular, the Veg platter they served was simply superb. The Iced tea though was not that great.

The dessert also added to the flavor.... Eleneer payasa in particular was simply superb.

Thumps up to the entire team...

Room Tip: one of the best Coastal food options for travellers...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hotel Goldfinch, Bangalore!!!

Thank you very much for posting about your experience at Goldfinch, Bangalore on Trip Advisor and for appreciating the rooms, food at, and our staff !

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you to your satisfaction.