“Good Property But Reception Staff Are A Let Down”

Goldfinch Hotel Bangalore
Ranked #131 of 669 Hotels in Bengaluru
Secunderabad
“Good Property But Reception Staff Are A Let Down”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

After driving down to Bangalore for 564 kms, the first thing one would want to do is to check-in, as soon as possible, hit the bed and RELAX!!! But that was not meant to be, as the staff at the reception made us wait for a good 25 minutes, before we could check-in. We kept asking them if our room was ready and we got one answer repeatedly, that the room was being cleaned. When you are charging your guest Rs.6,500/- per night, the least they can do is provide their guest a hassle free check-in. The staff at the reception were busy chatting with each other and eating the mouth fresheners meant for the guests. They were not bothered about us and kept looking at the entrance, like they were expecting the Prime Minister. Finally, we did check in but were not given the room that we had booked (The Club Room). Instead, we were given another room ie. The Suite Room, on the pretext that we have been upgraded.
The room was spacious and well designed, so was the bathroom. Just outside our room (309) to the left, there was a service staircase, the door was always left open and we could see soiled towels, bed sheets, dirt strewn all over the place and the most obnoxious odour emanated from there. The complimentary breakfast was good. Wi Fi was free but we could not use this service, as we were told that due to the rains there was some connectivity problems. The dinner buffet at Kebab Studio was good. On day 1, we were served all the snacks but on day 2 we were told that the snacks were not included in our package. We found it really strange because we are not big eaters and on the 1st day we did not eat a lot of snacks, as they were not cooked properly. The staff need to go for a crash course in hospitality.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hadya s, General Manager at Goldfinch Hotel Bangalore, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hotel Goldfinch, Bengaluru!

I would like to thank you for giving us your valuable feedback on our services during your recent stay at the Hotel Goldfinch.

May I, at the outset, proffer my most sincere apologies for the reported inconvenience caused to you as a result of our indiscretion and lack of customer orientation and judgment. I am also appalled at the series of sequential service lapses.

May I request you to pardon us on this occasion and provide my team and me with another opportunity to ensure that you have a pleasant and impeccable experience at the Goldfinch. I would like to assure you that I have viewed your survey most seriously and immediate corrective measures are being taken to address the same. May I also request you to treat this as an aberration not reflective of our normal service standards and customer care.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter. Please feel free to contact me, should you need any assistance, whatsoever.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed in Goldfinch Bangalore for three nights for attending the conference and I have enjoyed lot and rooms are big and clean, they have three restaurant and we tried all three restaurant and food is awesome. staff are really good and helpful.
The hotel situated in city centre and close to central railway station and Bus terminals.The Kabab Studio a speciality tandoori restaurant worth mentioning. The Spa is also very good. I recommend this hotel to all as i will use this hotel for my next trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

My team and I are delighted to receive your review of your wonderful stay with us recently. Thank you for your encouraging feedback and compliments of the Hotel.

It is very rewarding for the team to realize that their warm, professional and anticipatory service very much contributed towards your stay experience. Indeed, it is the Goldfinch way to ensure that all our guests receive the genuine warmth and hospitality that they deserve. We are very pleased that you felt well-taken care of during your stay.

It will be our pleasure to extend the wonderful Goldfinch hospitality to you again, should you plan another holiday with us in the future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed in Goldfinch Bangalore for three nights for attending the conference with our friends and we have enjoyed lot and rooms are big and clean, they have three restaurant and we tried all three restaurant and food is awesome. staff are really good and Ms.Steffi is very helpful. we use this hotel for our next trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hadya s, General Manager at Goldfinch Hotel Bangalore, responded to this review, January 10, 2014

Mysuru (Mysore), India
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had a meeting in the Goldfinch hotel and the rooms were booked for overnight stay.The hotel situated in city centre and close to central railway station and Bus terminals.The food and services were excellent in Kabab Studio a speciality tandoori restaurant. We enjoyed our stay.We recommend a stay at this hotel.

S.L.Gowda,
Mysore

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hadya s, General Manager at Goldfinch Hotel Bangalore, responded to this review, May 15, 2013

london
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I am currently writing this review from the hotel room,booked this hotel through hotels.com 30 days in advance.we are a family of 4 with 2year old and 3 month old baby.arrived at the hotel at 12.00 pm .submitted passports and filled in the details.after waiting for 20 mins,i went and asked the reception about the reason for the delay,which they adviced i need to wait for some more time,which i felt was unnesessary and the room should have been ready by 12 pm to check in.
After 25 mins we were checked in superior room where as i had booked gold clubroom and the room smelled of cigarette smoke.i had already requested nonsmoking room,apparently the are no nonsmoking rooms existent in this hotel.as we refused to enter the room filled with cig smoke,we had to wait another 20mins in the corridor for a non smoking zone room..again they checked us in superior room which was run down and felt like living in hostel.Thebath room had broken marble and white shets spread on the corridor which were unsightly .after repeated requests for another 2hrs we finally got our club room with faulty air conditioner,We requetsed to speak to the incharge manageress Ms.Yogeshwari We foundher attitude absolutely rediculous as there was no regret about keeping us wait or all the inconvienience we had .She knocked our room to find out the problem.she was not courteous,no apology for inconvenience It took nearly 2 hrs after several attempts by technicians who had no clue how to rectify the problem.i would recommend not to choose this hotel and do not get fooled by the pictures on the website,it is not like what it looks on the internet,breakfast was very basic and no room cleaning even once a day.windows are not double glazed so plenty on road noise.there are plenty of good hotels in bangalore so my advice is avoid this hotel even if it is half price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank venu008
Hadya s, General Manager at Goldfinch Hotel Bangalore, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hotel Goldfinch, Bengaluru!!!

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Had been to Goldfinch for lunch with family and relatives. It's a star hotel or at least looks like one. So we knew this was going to be expensive. But anyways, the food was really good and we had a great time.

I would like to rate the hotel with respect to the following parameters.

Deliciousness: 4/5 -- Starters were pretty good and the main course was also yum. We were pretty full for the desserts so we skipped that :P

Ambience: 5/5

Cleanliness: 5/5

Quality of Service: 3.5/5 -- Service was decent. Nothing special to mention.

Bang for Your Buck: 3.75/5

Overall Dining Experience: 4/5

Visit again: Yes

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank abmutha
Hadya s, General Manager at Goldfinch Hotel Bangalore, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Greetings from Goldfinch, Bangalore!!!

Thank you for your very encouraging and positive comments made at your recent visit to our Restaurant, Goldfinch Hotel - Bangalore.

It’s this reassurance of delivering the finest experience that aids us to strengthen our hospitality experience for guests as discerning as you. We are happy to have met your set standards that led to your enjoyable experience.

Do join us again to experience, our strive to deliver more and beyond. Walk in for a fine experience of hospitality and choose from a platter of offerings all distinct and varied to make your time a special one with us.

Sana Di Ge – 080-41291300, 8904036513
Banjara – 080 – 41291300, 8904036512
Kabab Studio – 080 – 41291300, 7760976603
Banquet - 080 – 41291300, 8904036514

Assuring you of a warm welcome at Goldfinch with its hallmarked quality of hospitality and service at all times.

Yours Sincerely,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Hotel looks very funky in photos ,but not in reality ,staffs are little stubborn they are not flexible in greeting guests which i think they should improve ,
restaurants are good
spa ambience is good
rooms are also good

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hotel Goldfinch, Bengaluru!