“A much improved stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #113 of 649 Hotels in Bengaluru
Goulburn
“A much improved stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I moved to the Goldfinch Hotel from another Hotel which was sub standard. I was very impressed by the large and comfortable room and the friendliness and efficiency of both the Desk staff and all others I encountered. Whilst the menu did not entirely suit my tastes, I enjoyed several nice dishes. I initially chose this Hotel for its location but was happy I did. The Hotel was very quiet and I had an uninterrupted good nights sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank dickrob
Hadya s, General Manager at Goldfinch Hotel Bangalore, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

My team and I are delighted to receive your review of your wonderful stay with us recently. Thank you for your encouraging feedback and compliments of the Hotel.

It is very rewarding for the team to realize that their warm, professional and anticipatory service very much contributed towards your stay experience. Indeed, it is the Goldfinch way to ensure that all our guests receive the genuine warmth and hospitality that they deserve. We are very pleased that you felt well-taken care of during your stay.

It will be our pleasure to extend the wonderful Goldfinch hospitality to you again, should you plan another holiday with us in the future.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
chapel hill, north carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

is that it is in a quiet neighborhood and that the room was clean. There was no one to take up the bags but the receptionist. If I had known that, would have lugged them up myself! The second lock on the room door was broken as well as the safe. Despite repeated requests to have this taken care of, it was totally ignored. While at first blush the place looks like a nice business hotel, closer examination shows that things are fading. The worst experience happened at dinner.
I had ordered a lamb dish, and my friend, penne pasta, mine came in about 15 minutes. Hers came about an hour later. Many requests were made to the waiter as well as the restaurant manager about the food delay with the only response was that it was coming. When it finally arrived, no apologies were given, nor was the meal comped, which any reputable place would have done for the inconvenience.It was only pasta! How long does it take to boil water! I also might add that besides my friend and myself the restaurant only had one other table occupied by four men, who were clearly there for cocktails.
This clearly indicates that the locals know better to eat somewhere else!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank irulan7
Hadya s, General Manager at Goldfinch Hotel Bangalore, responded to this review, January 10, 2014

Greetings from Hotel Goldfinch, Bengaluru!

I would like to thank you for giving us your valuable feedback on our services during your recent stay at the Hotel Goldfinch.

May I, at the outset, proffer my most sincere apologies for the reported inconvenience caused to you as a result of our indiscretion and lack of customer orientation and judgment. I am also appalled at the series of sequential service lapses.

May I request you to pardon us on this occasion and provide my team and me with another opportunity to ensure that you have a pleasant and impeccable experience at the Goldfinch. I would like to assure you that I have viewed your survey most seriously and immediate corrective measures are being taken to address the same. May I also request you to treat this as an aberration not reflective of our normal service standards and customer care.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter. Please feel free to contact me, should you need any assistance, whatsoever.

Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

You feel very welcome in this hotel thanks to the friendly staff. Service was top class. The food in kabab studio & sana di ge restaurant was amazing. Rooms were great. Check-in/check-out process was the quickest I've seen.... very prompt room service and helpful staff..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank shetty8959

Madurai, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Being an busy day in Bangalore, all hotels were occupied finally i ended up in GOLD FINCH...
The hotel seemed to be old ... but must say the restaurants are good.. stay was comfortable. The location of hotel is silent ... one can visit this hotel for a Peaceful stay..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank amit_srcc

Paris, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

At first this hotel seems to be perfect and maybe too much for our only one night before our Kernataka trip ... But we were disappointed that none of our two suite was possible to be opened with our key-card but only with the pass-card of front desk ...
Rooms were well furnished and mattress were good. Three restaurant were available. We took our diner in the one located on mezzanine and service was very slow ...
Breakfast was acceptable ...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Tomdene78

Brampton, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from Jan 17 to Jan 23, 2013.

Good things first

1. Right price
2. Accessible to notable places at the city
3. Clean rooms
4. Excellent restaurants and food
5. Reception with full of women staffs during regular business hours (A pleasant experience for professionals and people who comes with family)
6. Good Internet

Bad things

1. Internet went down one day. When I called the reception, they immediately told me that my password expired. It's a foolish perception and the perception leads them to believe that customer is an idiot. If the password expired, the web page clearly shows the message that the password expired. After walking down to the reception and told them to restart the router at my floor, they still had hard time to accept it. I finished my breakfast and they told me that the problem is fixed. Unfortunately, the reception staffs were not told what the problem was and how it got fixed by the technician. When the same problem happens next time, the reception staff will stand like a lame duck or blame it on the customer laptop.

2. This hotel has 12-12 check-in and check-out policy. So we expect them to clean the room sometime between 10 to 1 PM. When I came back to my room on the second day around 4 PM, it was not cleaned and no towels. When approached the reception, a rude girl (Forgot her name but she has a specific notable hair style. She often makes fun of customers accent) showed me the room cleaner and told me to approach him. She was very adamant to accept the fact that room service was delayed but they didn't forget it.

3. Kabab Studio: It's a great buffet for the price. But the waitresses (Especially a waitress called Manju) don't clear the plates right away. You have to call and remind them to take it.

4. I called the reception staff to have wakeup call on 23rd, Jan morning at 5:30 AM. Usually when they do wake up call, they call and say 'Good Morning'. During that day, they forgot to call me at 5:30 and the call came at 6:15 AM. When I picked up the phone, no sound on the other side and they simply hang up.

5. Checkout: Be careful when you check out. I checked out at 6:30 AM in the morning with two sleepy men staff at the reception. These crooks at the reception attached an empty invoice at the end of the bill and I signed it without watching. When asked about it, they simply said that they don't need it and put it at the trash bin. It may be their business practice for missing towels, missing items etc but tricking the customer to sign at the empty invoice is illegal and ugly.

Another strange thing is that the payment slip has a row called 'TIPS'. Do we need to pay tips for staying in the hotel? I leave tips to the room cleaners and waitresses regularly but this looked very strange. One thing I realized is that these two men expected some tips me. When thank them during exit, they didn't even look at me. Finally one of the guys got Rs 50 from me to put my bag on the car. I am one of the highest tip payers during my travel but never gave it to annoying people and watch for this behaviour too.

Apart from all the above bad things, you may want to look for the following good people at this hotel during your stay

1. Steffie - Reception, An efficient, friendly and courteous staff
2. Yogeswari - Reception, Very attentive to our complaints, speak with good manners
3. Rohit – Banjara Restaurant Manager. Don’t miss him during breakfast. He is one of the guys who listens to complaints and try hard to fix it.
4. Anwar – The chef, a very kind man.
5. Vincent – Door Security, A kind man with big mustache

I will stay at this hotel again when I come to Bangalore this year and recommend my friends with caution.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Larry M

Los Angeles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed for one night before early morning departure back to the US.

Service is poor. Waited 45 minutes in the restaurant to receive food and it took me 4 attempts to get service to the room .I ended up walking down to the reception to make my request as all requests to house keeping were ignored.

There seems to be an awful lot of staff in the reception area basically standing around doing nothing.

Ironically upon check out they requested I pay service tax on top of my room bill.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo