“Excellent hotel”

Goldfinch Hotel Bangalore
Ranked #147 of 730 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We had an excellent time here. The hotel had multiple restaurants, of which we sampled two, both of which were very good. The beds were comfortable and the bathrooms were very good too. The location is excellent - on a small street off of a main road which means that you can easily access the rest of the city with a car. We had the concierge arrange a driver for us for a trip down south to Mysore and Kochi, which worked out very well. All in all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank edgreen807
Hadya s, General Manager at Goldfinch Hotel Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

My team and I are delighted to receive your review of your wonderful stay with us recently. Thank you for your encouraging feedback and compliments of the Hotel.

It is very rewarding for the team to realize that their warm, professional and anticipatory service very much contributed towards your stay experience. Indeed, it is the Goldfinch way to ensure that all our guests receive the genuine warmth and hospitality that they deserve. We are very pleased that you felt well-taken care of during your stay.

It will be our pleasure to extend the wonderful Goldfinch hospitality to you again, should you plan another holiday with us in the future.

Yours sincerely,

S.M.Doss,
General Manager.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

I was there in this hotel for 3 night ( 4 days). I feel the hotel is very nice with good restaraunts. Morning breakfast is very good. I had some power ( electricity) issue on Day 1 and they were able to resolve within couple of hours. Staff is good ( but can be excellent). Overall I can say this is one of the good hotel to stay with family. Lunch/Dinner might be expensive.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank snuthalapati
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I was confused if I give it 3 or 4....thought 3.5 was right, but there was no such option.
The hotel is good, well maintained. I stayed there after booking through net when I got a real good price, that was unavailable by booking through phone. It was supposed to be a gold class room, but I asked repeatedly to front desk, whether it really was the one? As didn't look so great!! Even the walls were empty, no colour addition, no photo frames!!!!

Photos are being added, that are clicked from my phone - quality may not be good but they depict right things. The passage was too dark, room too had quite less lights. Finding electric kettle was a task, when you pull the tray, it was obstructing the movement in passage. Sofa looked luxurious but I never sat on it. The bedside room controller was so difficult to use that I had to call the electrician after check-in, when I had to switch on all lights. Normally I don't switch on all lights of a hotel room, but there was so much lack of lights that I had to switch on each light. Again at 11pm, when I was completely sleepy, I had to call electrician to switch off all lights - but they had no idea & I had to finally get up, use my brains to finally switch off & spoil my sleep. They tried to justify that the work is half finished as contractor has disappeared....is that my problem....will I have to pay less, if I get less salary in a month, or my business makes less profit. If you are renting out a room & charging full amount.....you need to be perfect.

Heard they have a nice restaurant but Room service had limited options, so I could not try many things that I would normally have.

Check out experience was not pleasant at all. While I booked the room online, the confirmation had conflicting statement. At one place it was written that taxes are inclusive & at other place it was exclusive. So while checking in, I re-confirmed. I was told that the taxes are included (picture of their internal comment on booking form is also enclosed in photo) but the person at the check out time was adamant & forced me to show any document with me that says so. As the online statement was confusing, I said it is written in your own booking form. He was not even sorry about it but was in accusation mood & said that it was their internal confusion - I kept arguing, then why should I pay the penalty for your confusion.... BUT finally you know, Customer has to bend. Next time on, I stopped staying here. Nothing really that attracts me.

Room Tip: You need to find special reason to stay here. For me, this will be an option only if my work is clos...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank rshekhar007
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I stayed at Goldfinch for two days. The hotel is at an excellent location. For Rs 8,000 I thought the room was a bit overpriced. It appeared not more than worth Rs 4,000. It had a dated bathroom and many cable channels were hazy. The wall behind the TV it seemed was recently done up. The view from my room was good and the room received ample sunlight which I liked.

A friend of mine visited my room in the afternoon. I was surprised to receive a call immediately after, from the reception inquiring if the person will stay with me overnight. I explained to the staff that it is 4 pm and it is premature to ask and that I will let them know. The staff was insistent to know the answer, because I had booked for single occupancy. I am not sure if this is a standard practice though.

The highlight of my stay there was the food. It is very good. The breakfast had a nice spread and lunch/ dinners were tasty and hygienic.

Room Tip: See the room before you take it
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Si113
Reviewed February 13, 2012

we used the Goldfinch as our recent base in Bangalore during a holiday in India. The hotel is in a good location for getting out and seeing Banaglore and, as much as anywhere is in Bangalore given the airport is miles from the city, is "easy" to get to from the airport.

The room we had were clean and well appointed and the restaurants both on the ground floor and the roof provide great food and good service. For those so inclined there is also a very good gym on the roof with good views over Bangalore...

We shall definately be using this hotel again.

Room Tip: Room 201 is a large suite style room but any of the "standard" rooms are large and perfect...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AdrianJM
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Goldfinch hotel is situated in Cresent road,Banglaore. The hotel is very close to Bangalore turf club and Bangalore Golf course. The hotel is 3 kms away from Bangalore city railway station and KRSTC busstand. I stayed at Goldfinch hotel for 2 days and the stay was very pleasant. The hotel has a very good restaurants. Though the food is slightly expensive but it is worth it. The rooms are clean and spacious.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank RajeshUS
Reviewed January 2, 2012

The hotel is very clean and the staff are excellent. Very helpful , friendly and most informed.I would recommend this hotel.The hotel is very popular and every night there was either a party or launch or function or some event.
The cost in relation to other similar hotels were very good.
I will definitely stay here should i ever return to India.

Room Tip: The superior rooms are definitely bigger. The rooms higher up are more peaceful as the restaurant on...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family