“Excellent choice for business travellers or leisure”
Review of The Grand Magrath

The Grand Magrath
Ranked #175 of 725 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed June 14, 2006

Finding a good hotel in Bangalore is a challenge, and the Grand Magrath is a real gem.
This is an excellent hotel, very well located near MG Road. The rooms are very quiet, which has a great value in India, and the hotel staff is always here to help you. Finally it is great value for money. I tested other hotels in Bangalore, and they can't beat the Grand.

Stayed: May 2006
12  Thank Cecmed

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope your next stay and just around the corner. Call us if there is anything we can help you with.

A TripAdvisor Member
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed April 23, 2006

Grand Magrath is one of the best kept secrets in Bangalore. It is in the heart of the city - close to the businesses, tourist attractions and shopping malls and the rates are just great. The staff is the friendliest I have ever seen and the service is impeccable.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business
12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed February 17, 2006

The taxi driver from the Airport took me to this hotel. I am generally apprehensive of the city taxi drivers but was happy to checkin the hotel. The hotel was newly built but as the Brigade Road/MG road is only walking distance it was not much of an inconvience. The morning brkfast was served in the room (hotel coffee shop and restaurant was not operational)and was more than what I had imagined. The wifi internet worked well and was easy to configure .. the hotel provided me the wireless modem etc. I would say this is a good business with ~4 star facilities and quite comfortable. In a city like bangalore where the hotel rates are zooming northwards I found Rs 3200 a night to be reasonable.

• Stayed: August 2005, traveled on business
10  Thank ZapZoom
A TripAdvisor Member
Austin, Texas, USA
Reviewed February 12, 2006

My company was looking for a reasonably-priced place for staff to stay when visiting from the US. In the past we had stayed at the Lela Palace and the Sheraton. But, the rates at those places are now way too high.

We found the Grand Magrath. It is a fairly new hotel and is still reasonably priced (US$70/night). I believe that someone said it was built in July 2005.

The Good: It is a small hotel, about 30-40 rooms. It has high-speed wireless internet in all rooms and public places. The rooms are large and clean. Refrigerator and hot water kettles with teabags and instant coffee are provided in the rooms. Lots of granite and marble. AC works well. The hotel is quiet but is located near many places to eat. The hotel staff are very friendly.

The not-so-good: Bathrooms are a little small. Bedrooms are so large that the furnishings seem sparce. They should have made the bedrooms smaller and the bathrooms larger. My room was loaded with mothballs in every drawer and cabinet; so many that the odor was overwhelming until I collected them all and put them in a plastic bag. The restaurant was open for breakfast but the selection was not that great. When I was there they were not able to take American Express credit cards so I had to charge the room to my personal card.

Summary: My company now uses the Grand Magrath as our standard hotel when folks visit Bangalore. We like it. For the price, I don't think it can be beat in Bangalore.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business
15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed December 10, 2005

The room was tastefully appointed and spotless. The hotel staff was very attentive. When my husband came down with a bout of Delhi-belly, the staff prepared him a soothing beverage at 2 a.m.
Also, the hotel is within walking distance of restaurants, bars and shopping.

11  Thank Acey