“A sublime night's sleep”
Review of The Grand Magrath

The Grand Magrath
Ranked #141 of 669 Hotels in Bengaluru
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“A sublime night's sleep”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Perfect choice for a quiet first night in India! We stayed here in January and found the hotel to be clean, smart and modern. Staff were very friendly. Breakfast was included and was a very good spread. The hotel is within walking distance of Bangalore Central but is on a quiet road. Great value for money and a great night's sleep after a long-haul journey :) Well worth it.

Room Tip: Tell them you want a quiet room...we were upgraded on arrival owing to some construction noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SouthSeasCT
, General Manager at The Grand Magrath, responded to this review, March 27, 2017
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope your next stay and just around the corner. Call us if there is anything we can help you with.

Arun Kumar(GM)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed there on 22nd and 23rd February 2013. I shall explain this in my style Positives and Negatives. This time lets begin with Negatives.

Negative:

1. The road of Grand Magrath - Magrath Road = Hell! It is under construction since past 3 years. And surprisingly, I was about to fall in a pit unclosed while walking by from the hotel to Garuda mall. God saved me!
2. The Breakfast spread is Okay - choice of Fruits were only 2 (pappaya and musk melon), choice of fresh juice was 1 (water melon). Waiters do smile with courtesy but they talk out loud - they do carry their cell phones along and are busy talking on phones sometimes also they are loud when they talk with each other. Continental dishes were super limited. Salads missing.
3. The hotel doesn't have a Spa and Swimming Pool for the cost of 5,000 per night (for the stay) I rather get a hotel which has lot more varieties
4. If you are using their board room or training rooms.. Do note the toilet is located in Basement. So from 4th floor you need to take a life to ground floor and from ground floor you need to take stairs to reach the toilet - Such a exercise no?

Positives:
1. The room is clean and heavenly, though the view is not entertaining but still the room is a pleasure.
2. Toilets are clean, amenities are provided.
3. The place is accessible to MG Road, Brigade Road, Church Street, Pub Street and Garuda mall on walk distance - Thats the best part of this hotel! You are at the most happening place of the city :) But, Magrath Road is reallly bad.
4. WiFi is fantastic. You need to be here if you are a Internet Addict :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank SoravJain

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed February 25, 2013

An extremely user friendly hotel.The rooms were very clean and service was exceptional.Food in general was good with scope for improvement.

Since the hotel is in a bylane, it is quite peaceful and the unneccesary traffic sounds are kept out.
The breakfast and the lunch buffet was exceptional however they should concentrate more on the snacks which are on offer which could do with some improvement.

The staff is very cooperative and helpful and extremely friendly, and they are extremely well trained that you dont find them "in the face". Right from the reception to the waiters all very extremely pleasant.

The hotel is very near to the main shopping malls along MG Road and great eating options along Brigade Road and Church Street.

I highly recommend this hotel in case you are looking at a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Take the new rooms they are extremely good
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JOEM0203

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This was my first stay ever at this hotel at Bangalore. It took some time to find it the google maps kind of sent me a little further away and there was no signage around. The landmark however now that I know is Volkswagen Downtown Showroom.

The hotel is very nice, quaint, with a very appealing entrance. The reception though a bit dark was very well made and Kiran the gentleman manning the desk was very helpful, accommodative and pleasant in his interactions. Check-in was quick and I was given room 214.

The room is very well appointed and is really big, with a nice easy chair, workplace and a large clean bed. I really liked the room. The toilet was clean but compared to the room seemed like a wardrobe. The toiletries however were not of standard and neither were the towels which were a bit yellowed. A downer for me were the pillows which were very thick and kind of destroyed my nights sleep. There were four and they were massive like bolsters and i had a bad neck pain the other day.

In the night when I ventured for a shower there was no hot water and even after a long wait there was none. Since it was very late i did not bother the hotel moreover I had an early day.

Room service was below average took more than 40 min to get a pre-made dessert. Food was below average and the breakfast menu confirmed that. The spread was not good and food quality below average. The restaurant was also very dark and a bit damp.

Since the location is really in the heart of the city, there are very good restaurants in the vicinity and I guess most guest choose that, leaving the food services at the hotel to be below par.

But overall a nice place, avoid the food here and the tariff is also very reasonable. I would surely stay here again! But will get my own pillow :)

Room Tip: HIgher floors are good
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Anirudh G
Mumbai
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I had booked this hotel through a deal website, its off brigade road in a small lane which can be a bit difficult to locate at first go
But the best part is its so near MG road and is just in centre of all happening places in bangalore
the breakfast was good and with very decent good sized rooms with good amenities. Had free wifi in my room
Only things as said by people the showers are not hot especially when you travel in cold.
The hotel staff is very courteous and helpful arranged medicines when i requested which was sweet of them
a recommended stay for someone who expects a good stay with not so high a cost and yes ease of travel anywhere in bangalore

Room Tip: Pick a room not near the elavator facing the garden side if possible
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ameya_sw

Cape Town
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Excellent service, great breakfast, brilliant value if booked Von agoda.com for special offers. The hotel is well located. Rooms are massive. Only one complaint would be warm showers not hot showers but in general An excellent stay. Free wifi in your room. The hotel is well located for shopping and viewing the local gardens. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple