“Nice hotel but not suitable for business stay”
Review of The Grand Magrath

The Grand Magrath
Ranked #187 of 730 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed June 21, 2011

The hotel is more suitable for families and kids. The rooms are huge, massive, with a living room, dining table and a big shower and massive bedroom. Didnt like the beds, there were tacky and not a standard doublebeds like u find in good hotels, but rather big single beds joint together, they keep sliping away in the middle. The tv was a big let down. I had to call at 6 15 am to ask them to put on the hot water making me wait for 15 min. There was no central aic con, but rather single ones in each room, there were fans in the rooms, no blankets, had to ask for one. The sofa was uncomfortable in the living room. The furniture looked neat but antique and uncomfortable .Overall it was really a bit of a hotel from the past, not really comfortable, looked very good and very well kept. I stayed only one night though i had business all week, moved into a different hotel. On the plus side, the food is great, the hotel taxi is right on time and efficient and it is close to the city hub, lots of bars and shops near by. Would be nice if I was staying with kids and wife,, as there is plenty of space and looks like a flat, but its not for business stay.Food is good.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank shenekurien

Reviewed March 15, 2011

I had recently been to Bengaluru for a wedding and had booked rooms, one was a double room and the other suite double room at Grand Magrath. I was a bit apprehensive as the hotel was unknown but after my stay there with my family, I can only say that the experience was too good, beyond what I could have hoped for. The staff was very courteous, friendly and helpful, always on call and always eager. Food was very good. The double room was too spacious and much better than the suite. Perhaps, something could be done about the suite. Only negative point is the location where the hotel is situated and at the time of my visit, road construction was going on. The Garuda mall is within walking distance and the MG Road is quite near. Environment around was very peaceful and nice. Unfortunately, there wasnt a swimming pool where we could relax. Overall, a lovely stay and would want to go back.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Brit07

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope your next stay and just around the corner. Call us if there is anything we can help you with.

Reviewed February 25, 2011

Recnetly,in Bengaluru I stayed at Grand Hotel Magrath . This was my first time at the hotel & was not sure what to expect.

But to my pleasant surprise it turned out to be a good experience.

The hotel is located in the heart of the city near the happening MG Road.& hence is convenient for business travelers as well as leisure travelers.

The hotel exudes the old world charm with its heritage looks. The furniture and decor are designs reminiscent of the Bangalore of old or of British Indian Royalty.

The hotel has nice rooms & the food is amazing. Easily one of the best food I have had in Bengaluru and that too at a reasonable price.

A nice hotel at very attractive rates.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank shaishavv

Reviewed February 24, 2011

Hotel The Grand Magrath is one of the finest hotels I have stayed in this category.The staff courteousness was unmatchable with the comfort offerred . The only drawback which has nothing to do with what the hotel offers is that the address is slightly unknown and it becomes difficult to reach this place inspite of the fact that it is situated very predominantly . There was also a stench from the surrounding area when windows were opened.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank JOHNFURTHER

Reviewed November 20, 2010

Very nice looking elegant hotel. There are Garuda Mall and a Super Market in a walking distance , good for shopping and inexpensive foods. Staffs are friendly and helpful.
I asked them to recommend a hire to go to Halebidu,Belur and Shravanabergola whose
cost was the cheapest among many offers I got and resulted in a good trip.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed November 16, 2010

Stayed for five nights, its incredible how such a calm relaxing hotel is so close to MG Road/Brigade Road. Huge rooms for the price and staff friendly and attentive. I strongly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed October 15, 2010

We visited the Grand Magrath to attend a friend's wedding and didn't pay much attention to booking a room. But it was well worth the lack of effort!
The hotel team were very friendly and made us feel very welcome. The cinvenience of having MG Road and Commercial Road within walking distance meant we could use the evenings to our advantage without having to worry about transport. The rooms are priced above average, but is well worth the benefits of service and location.
Highly recommended.