“Excellent staying experience”

Ranked #139 of 662 Hotels in Bengaluru
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Excellent staying experience”
Reviewed March 15, 2011

I had recently been to Bengaluru for a wedding and had booked rooms, one was a double room and the other suite double room at Grand Magrath. I was a bit apprehensive as the hotel was unknown but after my stay there with my family, I can only say that the experience was too good, beyond what I could have hoped for. The staff was very courteous, friendly and helpful, always on call and always eager. Food was very good. The double room was too spacious and much better than the suite. Perhaps, something could be done about the suite. Only negative point is the location where the hotel is situated and at the time of my visit, road construction was going on. The Garuda mall is within walking distance and the MG Road is quite near. Environment around was very peaceful and nice. Unfortunately, there wasnt a swimming pool where we could relax. Overall, a lovely stay and would want to go back.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Brit07
, General Manager at The Grand Magrath, responded to this review, March 27, 2017
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope your next stay and just around the corner. Call us if there is anything we can help you with.

Arun Kumar(GM)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
mumbai
Reviewed February 25, 2011

Recnetly,in Bengaluru I stayed at Grand Hotel Magrath . This was my first time at the hotel & was not sure what to expect.

But to my pleasant surprise it turned out to be a good experience.

The hotel is located in the heart of the city near the happening MG Road.& hence is convenient for business travelers as well as leisure travelers.

The hotel exudes the old world charm with its heritage looks. The furniture and decor are designs reminiscent of the Bangalore of old or of British Indian Royalty.

The hotel has nice rooms & the food is amazing. Easily one of the best food I have had in Bengaluru and that too at a reasonable price.

A nice hotel at very attractive rates.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank shaishavv

Gujarat
Reviewed February 24, 2011

Hotel The Grand Magrath is one of the finest hotels I have stayed in this category.The staff courteousness was unmatchable with the comfort offerred . The only drawback which has nothing to do with what the hotel offers is that the address is slightly unknown and it becomes difficult to reach this place inspite of the fact that it is situated very predominantly . There was also a stench from the surrounding area when windows were opened.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank JOHNFURTHER

Kawasaki, Japan
Reviewed November 20, 2010

Very nice looking elegant hotel. There are Garuda Mall and a Super Market in a walking distance , good for shopping and inexpensive foods. Staffs are friendly and helpful.
I asked them to recommend a hire to go to Halebidu,Belur and Shravanabergola whose
cost was the cheapest among many offers I got and resulted in a good trip.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2010

Stayed for five nights, its incredible how such a calm relaxing hotel is so close to MG Road/Brigade Road. Huge rooms for the price and staff friendly and attentive. I strongly recommend!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Cambridge, UK
Reviewed October 15, 2010

We visited the Grand Magrath to attend a friend's wedding and didn't pay much attention to booking a room. But it was well worth the lack of effort!
The hotel team were very friendly and made us feel very welcome. The cinvenience of having MG Road and Commercial Road within walking distance meant we could use the evenings to our advantage without having to worry about transport. The rooms are priced above average, but is well worth the benefits of service and location.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed June 23, 2010

This place is located in the most happening areas of Bangalore, the Brigade road,Residency road junction. Resembles an old Bunglow with friendly staff and good package. Worth a stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business