“Fairly Good Hotel”

Royal Orchid Central
Ranked #65 of 670 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

I had a very short visit (one night) to Bengaluru and needed a hotel near to the area of my business. That was the main reason I chose the Royal Orchid Central.

I was pleasantly surprised with the room I was provided. The dinner I had at their top floor Paparazzi restaurant overlooking city lights was quite good. The buffet breakfast had a wide variety of choices as well.

If I would ever have to visit Bengaluru again it could well be my repeat choice.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
GMCentral, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings!!

I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with your experience of our services and facilities, and we like to thank you for recommending us through this portal.

Your positive feedback has been shared with the team and we are ecstatic to learn that we were able to make your stay a satisfying experience.

We look forward to welcome you again you during your next visit to Bengaluru, and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the hotel. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was superb. The room was good. Bathroom was very neat and clean. We enjoyed each moment of our stay. We will stay there again if we visit Bangalore again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank NoorNazar

Greetings!!!

Many thanks for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor.

We believe in creating memorable experiences for all who visit us and in providing authentic hospitality to all.

Looking forward to welcome you at Royal Orchid Central, Bengaluru.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

I have been staying in hotels of all types 3/4/5 Stars to Budget but I can say that the Royal Orchid central has one of the worst reservation assistance.
I sent an email requesting for a room. More than 12 hours but no response.
I call up the hotel front desk who transfers the call to a reservation executive who asks me to send the email again.
I send the email again. No response.
I call up again; the front desk transfers the call but no one responds.
I call up once again; the front desk staff picks up the phone, choses to speak with someone else while the line is on and hangs up abruptly.
I call up once again; the front desk transfers the call; the reservation executive confirms the email and says she would respond.
She responds but this time with the tariff of Club Room. This is in spite of me categorically mentioning that I need a Studio Room.
My guess is that the Studio Room is sold out but I was left to guess. She doesn’t bother to mention that in the email.
I email back saying that I need a Studio Room but to no avail. No one bothers to respond.

I have stayed in Royal Orchid Central at least twice before. Rude and uncourteous staff; careless attitude. One of the worst front-desk courtesy.
The Bell Boy was the only saving grace. Pleasant and welcoming smile; willing to go out of the way to help.

Pinxx, the restaurant is weird. The lift opens and you see guests having breakfast right outside the lift. I understand they are utilizing space but that’s stingy.
The food at Pinxx is OK, can be given a pass.

You can do with the hotel but not at that cost. A 3 Star Hotel with a staff of Budget Hotel attitude.

1  Thank Lilu_Vagabond

Greetings!!

We appreciate you taking time to share your feedback which helps us to review and improve our services from time to time. I sincerely regret that your experience with the overall service was not up your expectation. I have shared your feedback with the Food and Beverage, and Front office Team, and let me assure that corrective action has been initiated.

We request the pleasure of serving you again and an opportunity of offering you a better experience. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed August 14, 2014

What would i say about this hotel.....
its own has a good brand with a good name which inspires the people most....
I really appreciates the super talented nd quite impressive nature of my service girl that is Miss ROSHNI SARKAR...
I really luv her service.... she was honest genuine personality ever i seen....:)
She talks well inspite of that she behaves well nd the most important thing that she was a good manner girl....I enjoyed the way..,,Royal Orchid Central is a good accommodations at an ideal location...
Friendly and qualify staff...
The people who serve they were awesome...:)
I really love them a lot ) :)
ANd the most important thing that it was in a ideal location easily we can go there...:)
Roshni Sarkar she was outstanding what can i sa abt her....
she is fab...:) :) nd her service tooooo.....m soo happy to come over here.... m Nitu From DELHI

Room Tip: Room on the south side are quiter
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 360ayushi

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your memorable experience with the TripAdvisor community.

I am glad you explored the hotel and delighted to note that you had a comfortable stay with us.

It is truly rewarding to note that the services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction.

It is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of service and a hassle free experience.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

These guys are awesome. People should learn about hospitality from them.
I enjoyed the stay ! They pampered me so much that I didn't want to come back. The people who serve you there are awesome ! I love them,

1  Thank MisbahAsif
GMCentral, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your memorable experience with the TripAdvisor community.

We eagerly await the opportunity to welcome you back and assure you of our best services and attention.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed August 11, 2014

The best part is the location - this is walking distance from brigade road and MG road (10 min walk). this is also sometimes an issue due to traffics.
the hotel as such is very nice - no problem at all. The Buffets are nicely laid and a good variety. The breakfast had more varieties than the diner though!
the food and drinks from the restaurant in al-a-cart are a tad expensive.
The rooms are very nice and cosy. just a little concern for people like me who prefer the aircon completely cranked up - the ac in the room wasnt strong enough. i dont know whether this was an issue with me or the rooms in general!
Worth the stay!

Room Tip: Try to choose one of the corner rooms at higher floors, gives a very nice view!

Greetings!!

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, but we are equally sad to know that the air conditioning was not up to your expectation.

We have made a note of the same and we will make sure that on your next visit the rooms air conditioning is set at optimum before your arrival.

We look forward to your continued support, and continue to delight you during your next visit to Royal Orchid Central, Bengaluru.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Good accommodations at an ideal location.
Friendly and accommodating staff.
Value for money.
F&B department is fairly good.
We as a family enjoyed our brief stay and have always found all the services consistent.
Would strongly recommend the property.

Room Tip: The Suites are very comfortable.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Greetings!!!

Many thanks for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor.

Looking forward to welcome you at Royal Orchid Central, Bengaluru.